Sign in to follow this  
rcmw

Playing Other Rolls In Arrowhead Campaign

Playing Other Rolls In Arrowhead Campaign

I have been playing the Arrowhead Campaign in Co-Op and enjoyed going though the missions in the other Rolls Ie Tank Commander, Gunship pilot, Special Forces and Infantry. Is there any way to play these Rolls in a single player mission?

I have tried to play a Co-Op mission by my self but am unable to change units.

To the best of my knowledge you cannot. I have not tried recently though. I have opened them in the editor and done it though. However they don't work properly anyway because I believe that they depend on the progress of the main player in order for them to be completed.

For sp you could make other units playable and enable teamswitch.

However as Jakerod says the scripting is based around the main player unit.

You can.

Unpack the campaign pbo. Cut the missions and put them in the folder "missions" in your "mydocuments" folder. Where you have all your editor missions.

You can make any changes you want to the mission and play them in the editor.

But like blackbird said, you will run into issues with triggering things but depending on your editor or scripting skills, you can work around it.

At the very least, you can change triggers. You can take control of most by changing what triggers them. If it calls for Drake to set off the trigger, change it to "radio alpha" or something. That way you can call the trigger when you want.

You can figure it out once you get it into editor. Besides, it's not like you are playing the campaign officially anyway. You did that already. So you are looking for the fun aspect of it. And it won't interfere with the real campaign.