Sign in to follow this  
sancron

Where is the German language?

Hello, first thing i would say is, that i like ArmA 2. But i am really pissed off. I was buy the Steam Version of ArmA 2 with OA and the two DLCs. But after there was no way to change the menu / text to German. I was read in some Forums, that the Version from the Sprocket Store can do this. So i need German that i can understand what they want in Missionbriefing and Singelplayer.

After i was buy the second time the game with both DLCs so i have now 2 complete copies of the game. I get angry. I removed the Steamversion and install the Sprocket Version. But there is no chance to change the language to German.

So i payed second time fot things i already have. But when i show in the languagecore.pbo there is already German included. But why i can't choose it, through the game? I also was try to change in the ArmA2.cfg to German but that points no effect. So i am a little bit angry to be in the same situation that i am not able to change the language to German. And payed second time for a game in the hope that i am now able to change.

But for me it was pull out money through the window for nothing.

Hi,

please contact sprocket support, we will grant you refund in this case

to obtain downloable version of A2 and OA

with german language please go to petergames.de,

it's using nexway (download buttom on petergames page)

OA http://petergames.de/index.php?id=91

A2 http://petergames.de/index.php?id=81

Edited by Dwarden

You can also purchase the German version of ARMA 2: Reinforcements here, which includes ARMA 2: British Armed Forces & ARMA 2: Private Military Company with German subtitles. You cannot download German versions of the DLCs.

Thanks for the reply, that's one of the best things i like on ArmA / BI. The Developers get in touch with the community and try to help.

But i have a little question, why they is no chance to choose German? There is already French and Italian included and in the languagecore.pbo, there are lots of german text.

And the other question. Can i use the Keys i get on Steam / Sprocket. To use the DVD Set from my friend to install it and have the German version. Or is the language restricted by the Serial-Key that i use?

No, you will only get the German language option if you own the German version of ARMA 2.

That i mean. My friend optain the German Version of CO on DVD. So when i use his DVD-Set to install CO what is definitely the German version and use my own Keys, so i be able to have german? Or is this maybe illegal in cause i not buy the german content version? Or maybe not able while i need a DVD to play.

That i mean. My friend optain the German Version of CO on DVD. So when i use his DVD-Set to install CO what is definitely the German version and use my own Keys, so i be able to have german? Or is this maybe illegal in cause i not buy the german content version? Or maybe not able while i need a DVD to play.

The languages available to you depend on the key. So even if it is possible to install from DVD with a Sprocket key, you will still only have english, italian etc.