burdy

ECP mod wont install with new 1.99 patch (Bought game from steam)

Hello, I recently purchased ArmA: Cold War Assault from steam and I'm trying to install one of my favorite mods, Enhanced Configuration Project, but the installer does not recongnize my ArmA: CWA folder and wont install :( The Installer is stuck at the "Choose Folder Location" Stage :( I have tried making fake folders but no luck. As there appears to be no way to bypass this, I was wondering if someone could upload this mod in its folder form onto a site like rapidshare? I would greaty appreciate it :) Thank you :) And please try to include the readme, forgot all the scripts and stuff :rolleyes:

Rename the CWA exe to FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE and then run the ECP installer. Direct it to your CWA folder then install it. Once done change the name of the exe back to the original.

Don't forget the ECP patch and the fountain fix which can be found on the first page of the official ECP thread.

Also just a tip.

ECP has a nice distance-dependent sound effects pack. IIRC it is disabled by default.

I've noticed that some people never notice this - go into the config.cpp of ECP and find there something like "dynamicsounds.h" or something like that - what you need to uncomment is explained there.

Alright, there is one more problem - I want to use 1.99 ECP + SLX Replacement Pack 1.1. What should I do?

If nobody ever made a config that unites both of these mods - you are out of luck.

You can use them but you will need to figure out what to copy paste from SLX config to ECP config to make them work together without conflicts (and it will be hard)

I've never used ECP with anything else but GRAA and GRAA comes with ECP config (so does WW4 now as well) - so I don't know if config for SLX exists

The .bat references folders that don't exist in CWA since the DTA files and Res folders were merged into one.

To have the batch install work you need to open it with notepad and edit the directories so the install can find the files to modify.

For example:

If not exist ..\res\dta\data.pbo echo ERROR data.pbo not found

If not exist ..\res\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo echo ERROR hwtl/data3d.pbo not found

Remove the res and hwtl for each line that mentions them so it points to the correct directory. Once you do so you should have:

If not exist ..\dta\data.pbo echo ERROR data.pbo not found

If not exist ..\dta\data3d.pbo echo ERROR hwtl/data3d.pbo not found

Don't forget the ECP patch and the fountain fix which can be found on the first page of the official ECP thread.

I must be looking in the wrong place. Which thread is the official ECP thread?

The first page this thread contains dead links, to OFPEC and Toadlife. Having searched I can't find any other thread which looks even vaguely "official".

So I'm stuck. The official ECP thread has the links to the patch and fountain fix, according to Snafu, but the thread I found has dead links.

ECP patch 1.085e is available there

ECP 1.085 Fountain FX HOT FIX.

In order to stop ECP fountain effects displaying on some third party addon objects please follow these steps. Before you make any alterations you may want to back up your Main config.cpp as a safety measure.

1) Open the ECP Main config.cpp with notepad, this is found in the \@ECP\Bin folder.

2) Scroll down until you find this code:

// PBO release path
#define ECP_FOUNTAIN_EH_INIT "IF (format[{%1},ECP_path] == {scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef}) THEN {ECP_path = {\ECP_Effects\}};_this exec format[{%1fountain\ext_fount_init.sqs},ECP_path]"

3) Overwrite that code with this code:

// PBO release path
#define ECP_FOUNTAIN_EH_INIT "IF (format[{%1},ECP_path] == {scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef}) THEN {ECP_path = {\ECP_Effects\}};if ((typeof (_this select 0)) in [{Fountain},{FountainNew}]) then {_this exec format[{%1fountain\ext_fount_init.sqs},ECP_path]}"

4) Save, and exit.

ECP fountain effects should now only appear on fountains.

And gathered from old and dead ECP website if it can be usefull to anyone :

Crash To Desktop (CTD) when there's an ECP addUnits trigger

Description

The addUnits trigger consists of a 50kmx50km trigger added by mission makers to add non-ECP-compatible units to the effects and simulations handling system. It runs the code thislist call (ECP_resources select 30), which, subsequently, will execute the ECP unit initialisation script for each object found.

The unit initialisation script will try to initialise each object and its respective crew. Some classes of objects, mainly "thing" and "static" type, return a list containing themselves when checked through the command crew. When an object of the aforementioned classes is initialised, the script will recursively run for its crew, thus for the same object, until OFP runs out of reserved memory -- a Crash To Desktop (CTD) then occurs.

Status

Fixed in ECPv1.086

Solution

Instead of executing

thislist call (ECP_resources select 30)

try this instead:

{if (not (_x in (crew _x)) OR "Man" countType [_x] == 1) then {[_x] call (ECP_resources select 30)}} forEach thislist

Map clicking doesn't work

Description

Certain addon and mission features that require map clicking (check: onMapSingleClick) will conflict with ECP features that use it too -- such as AI units release and helicopter commands.

It happens when a map clicking command is set by the addon/mission designer, and the player uses one of the mentioned ECP features. Thus, our code overwrites the previous command.

Status

This is usualy due to strict mission design that doesn't predict usage of map clicking by third-party addons or mods. Most quality addons and missions outthere fortunately set their map clicking code for a specific action and then remove it, thus not conflicting with ECP actions, if performed in distinct occasions. However, ECP is the one to blame: when AI units release feature is initialised, the onMapSingleClick is overwritten with an empty string. That will be fixed in version 1.086.

Solution

To prevent the bug, don't use ECP's AI units release and helo commands while performing another action that requires map clicking. If the third-party map clicking is required since the beggining of the mission, please disable AI units release.

Unability to detect non-dedicated servers

Description

ECP is currently unable to detect non-dedicated servers. Therefore, in Multiplayer sessions ECP will radomly assign a server, which will be able to determine the simulations settings for that session.

Note: The version 1.97 of the OFP engine (VBS1) provides a conditional command that returns whether a machine is the server or not: isServer. BIS did not provide any further patches for OFP since version 1.96.

Status

Fixed in ECPv1.086 - we found a trick to detect the server in any kind of MP sessions.

Solution

Mission makers can circumvent this issue by adding a gamelogic to the map and labelling it "ECP_server". Gamelogics are local to servers and remote to clients, thus ECP will instantly recognise its gamelogic and identify the server.

Framerate drops to 1fps after throwing a grenade

Description

After throwing a grenade, the framerate drops tremendously -- the game nearly freezes -- being followed by an error on the screen (from the grenade visual suppression script).

Status

So far unreproducible by the ECP team. Extremely rare yet annoying occurrence.

If you experiment this bug, please report here in the forum. Provide us as much detail as you can, even the mission where it occured, addons used, and the situation, whenever possible.

Crash To Desktop due to unknown causes

Description

A few people have complained of random CTD and emmidiately blammed ECP. Sometimes were right, sometimes were wrong.

As far as it's known to the developers, the major cause for CTD is tracking objects without shape -- objects whose class properties miss model assignment, thus becoming the dreadful NOID <no shape>. We fell upon it while working on projectile handling for ECP v1.085, and managed to bypass the bug by verifying the id of bullet holes and craters we found. However, it seems we missed a few code lines and people have been crashing when shooting tank shells at trees and certain buildings. It's solved now on 1.085e patch.

On the other hand, people tend to crash while playing because of addon incompatibility, mod hybridisation (incompatible mods running at the same time), and partial scripting on CTD-like situations (such as recursively evaluating units and their crew without verifying if the crew isn't the same as the unit Roll Eyes). Please, make sure it's not this kind of situation before reporting.

Status

Generally fixed on ECP v1.085e. If you still experiment CTD while using this patch, please report.

Grenades causing vehicles to bounce

Description

By throwing an ECP grenade at, for example, the tracks of a tank, the tank might bounce as if it was struck by a heavy object. Which is actually true! Lets see why...

While developing the bouncing timed grenades, we faced a harsh bug: the grenade models, being so small and light, would progressively bounce higher and higher until they disappeared in the sky. We fixed this issue by setting the mass of the grenade model at 80.000Kg (175.000lb)! Indeed, some further scripting made our bouncing grenade simulation almost perfect; but, eventually, vehicles hit by them will bounce or move, and choppers will even explode.

Status

Very rare occurrence. Grenade handling scripts will prevent it most of the time.

Solution

Don't throw grenades at friendly choppers.

If you are making an addon that provides a new vehicle, and defines it's own 'class EventHandlers', you'll need to do the following in order to make it ECP compatible.

One line above class CfgVehicles, add:

class ECP_EventHandlers {};
[code]
Where you define your unit's eventhandler, use::
[code]
class EventHandlers : ECP_EventHandlers
{
... eventhandlers here ...
}

For example, if you were making a new boat addon, you'd do the following:

class ECP_EventHandlers {};
class CfgVehicles
{
class MyBoat : Ship
{
class EventHandlers : ECP_EventHandlers
{
fired="hint {fire!}";
}
}
};

Note that any eventhandlers you define in this fashion will replace ECP eventhandlers. In the above example, the new boat unit would not have ECP fired events. It would however have ECP init, hit and killed events.

Notice that the mentioned ECP 1.086 has never been released, the last ECP available is 1.085 with the 1.085e patch.

Thanks Sanctuary, good info.

Don't ask me where I got it from because I don't remember, but I have the 1.086 update if anyone is interested.

Don't ask me where I got it from because I don't remember, but I have the 1.086 update if anyone is interested.

I am interested very, but I think, that does not have version 1.086. ;)

I am most interested in 1.086 update. Hopefully it doesn't break anything in case it isn't quite finished. PM me a link if you can :>

A 1.086 update would be certainly welcomed, hoping it would be stable enough.

Thanks Zulu.

Just noticed in the config.cpp of that update that the fountain line is the same as the one that had a bug, it's not the fixed one.

Does it mean the fix is not needed anymore with whatever changes the effects scripts got or is that they just forgot to update that line, i have no idea.

So keep in mind the fountain change i copy pasted in a previous post, in case you need it.

I am interested very, but I think, that does not have version 1.086.

I'm sorry, Zulu1, I was wrong. But I will not use the update because it has many bugs. :( I'm going back to version 1.085e. Best regards. :)

BTW

Bullet impact dust effect is amazing.

Edited by Stary wiarus

The big file is a mod for ECP , not related to an update, as after opening it in a sandbox environment to see the file it was going to install, i noticed this :

this ECP update will override the Bin file inside your ECP dont worry i have a backup copy inside the bin folder with the install

major to the new update is the american soldiers and sniper models are changed to make it look better plus the UH60 Rocket is chnaged to the UH60 Dap which is a fast assault gun ship the old UH60MG is changed to a UH60L with a better side gunner!

the American Soldier is setup with new Age uniforms and weapons the american M16 has be changed to the F2000 Assault Rifle the M203 version now is a F2000 GP version the MG 60 or Mg60 Machine gun is now a M249 with Red dot sights

How to install this pack the right Way!! "READ"

1. Make sure you have ECP installed on your computer

2.Aim the installer to install to your Main OFP Foldier the installer will place the files in the right area on its own

3. this addon update will change the look and feel of the american units in every way

4. this will not dammage your other installs it is only for ECP!

I have a question for experts. Concerns the ECP mod, version 1.086. Bullet impact dust effect occurs only a few seconds during major battles. What to do to be present all the time? Please help. :notworthy: