Sign in to follow this  
solidsnake2384

Wtf is this? error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

After attempting the update ACRE it would not work and this error kept popping up. I reinstalled TS3 and now ACRE is updated but this stupid error keeps popping up leading me to believe its not ACREs fault for this but im not so sure. Ive searched all over the place but no answers.

Another error pops up also before the pixel shader error.

No entry '.profilePathDeafult'.

What the fudge is this sheet? Arma 2 CO keeps crashing before it even reaches the menu.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

I have a GTX 240 (crappy I know but im getting a new one soon) and it only affects Arma 2. I can play all my other games though. And its the Steam version of Arma 2.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

I think I fixed the pixel shader problem after updating to the latest drivers because it doesnt pop up anymore but now i still have the No entry '.profilePathDeafult'. error and it crashes before the game even starts up.

are you trying to run with a beta path buth with the wrong path for the data by any chance?

NOW its saying "Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?).

CMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to freaking play!

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Im not trying to run a beta for OA or any other Arma 2 program.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Heres my target line.. Maybe itll help

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_usnavy;@acex_ru;@acre;@jayarma2lib;@blastcore_visuals_r1.2;@jsrs-e;@jsrs-v;@js

For some reason the reast of the JSRS mods wont show up in there but will show up in the game. Its always been like that though.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

So now i get three errors.

No entry '.profilePathDeafult'.

And either of these 2. "Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?).

or "error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

and

You've moved the beta exe out of its folder and replaced the normal exe with it, yes? That way Steam Overlay will work? Because if you were linking to the normal exe in that shortcut it wouldn't work correctly with the Steam version. Check the details of the exe your target line is pointing to and see if its version is 1.59.79384, and if it isn't then you've replaced your normal exe with the beta one.

If you have done that and haven't backed up your normal exe then just validate OA's cache using Steam and it should re-download the proper one. If you no longer have the beta exe in its folder, then you need to re-download the beta patch you were trying to use, delete your beta folder and reinstall it. Once that's done the best way to get it to work properly is to use the _runA2CO_beta.cmd file in your OA root directory. Personally, I have a bunch of my own bat files set up to run various mods of my choosing. Here's one, for example:

SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS

set _EXE=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
set _A2=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2
set _PROFILES=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Profiles
set _MODS=D:\ARMA 2\

call "%_EXE%" -noSplash -showScriptErrors "-profiles=%_PROFILES%" "-name=Zipper5" "-world=Desert_E" "-mod=%_A2%;Expansion;CA;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;%_MODS%@CBA;%_MODS%@ACEX_SM;%_MODS%@Blastcore_Visuals_R1.2;%_MODS%@PROPER;%_MODS%@TrueUser;%_MODS%@VFTCAS"

ENDLOCAL

Edit: Never mind about the not being able to directly link to the exe thing I posted, just tested and it seems you can. Still, the only time this error has come up is when someone's using the beta patch incorrectly.

Edited by Zipper5