Sign in to follow this  
slitther

arma 2 arma.arrowhead.arma reinforcements installation order

ik have a question about installing these games i bought.sorry for my english iam from holland and i dont ryt so good english but i try to explain it.i want to instal in the ryt order these games.i know i have to install arrowhead after arma 2.but iam not sure where.lets say i install arma 2 in D:\arma 2.must i install the other 2 expasions in that map 2?can some1 explain in detail how i can get all 3 installed correctly.also which patches do i need thx allready. i destroid my windows last week because i had a pmc air pbo error.an i uninstalled all the 3 games but than it said i installed arma reinforcements allready and the game uninstaller whas gone.so i had a little work to get my pc going again (reinstalled windows again) and now i want it to go good and proper haha :bounce3:

Edited by slitther

Install ArmA2 into D:\ArmA2

Install Operation Arrowhead into D:\ArmA2

Install "Install only BAF + PMC" option from Reinforcements into D:\ArmA2

Enjoy.

If you don't actually have Operation Arrowhead yet:

Install ArmA2 to D:\ArmA2

Install Reinforcements full to D:\ArmA2

yes i have arma 2 arrowhead allready now but first i had arma 2 than i bought arma reinforcementsen than arrowhead last week.so the order whas not good haha.so i can install reinforcement to D:\arma 2. or only baf and pmc?.cant i just install reinforcement to D:\arma 2 and than patch arrowhead en reinforcemetnts to 1.59?thx already.sorry buy iam a bit unsure now

Edited by slitther

Install a2 then OA and from reinforcements dvd install only baf and pmc and in the end patch the game to v1.59.

Ps: in reinforcements you have only OA lite-units in low textures and you dont have arrowhead campaign and missions, so from that disk install only 2 dlc-s.

As tom said, "Reinforcements" is the two DLCs plus "OA Lite", basically just enough to get the DLCs working. You don't want OA Lite since you have OA.

I'd really suggest restarting. Uninstall all things ArmA2 from your machine. Reboot. Then install A2, then OA then just the BAF + PMC from Reinforcements.

It'll take a little time but you'll be much happier. :)

the path that arrowhead wants to instal is D:\arma2\Bohemia Interactive.but i made it D:\arma2 is that ok?.now its not in the root folder of arma2 is that good thx allready

Edited by slitther

Yes its ok if you first installed arma 2 in

d:\arma2. Wenn you install OA run the game with oa.exe go to campaings you should see 4 campaigns: harwest red,op. Arrowhead,eagle wing, ion demo. After installation of baf and pmc you should have ion full campaign and baf campaign.

You can check editor and map list if you du all corect you will see: utes,desert, chernarus,takistan,zagrabad,shapur etc.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

If you install OA in d:\arma2 you should see folder expansion.

D:\arma2\expansion there are files from OA.

Yup, I always change the path to be as short as possible. Got mine installed to E:\CO in fact.

Because eventually you'll have file paths like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@ace;@acex;@acex_sm;@cba" -nosplash -window -skipIntro -showScriptErrors

Which is insane. :) If you install to D:\CO you get this:

"D:\CO\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=D:\CO;Expansion;ca;@ace;@acex;@acex_sm;@cba" -nosplash -window -skipIntro -showScriptErrors

Much nicer. :)

thx guys it works great tommo i try my new gpu gtx 580 to see the birds flying better haha