Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

Render to Texture sources?

I hope that BIS considers adding the ability to use render to texture with sources other than camera objects, for example programmable canvases or other graphical elements. This would allow people to script overlays of components for things like more advanced HUD or multi-function displays in aircraft/vehicles. I believe this would greatly improve the quality of 3D interfaces in the game, and coupled with the ability to have clickable cockpit controls it would allow interfaces on par with Falcon 4.0 or the DCS series.

For that matter, I hope its in TKoH as well. :p

I like this idea. For once there is a topic in this area that makes sense, has purpose and is generally a good idea.

+1 from me

I'd love to have functioning MFCD's in the aircraft.

Even if they're only simple such as putting on a navmap on it.

And pear-to-Pear (Picture in picture) abilyties! for remote controlled objects

Peer to peer(p2p) is a distribute application architecture where the workload is equally distributed between the clients (peers).

picture in picture (PIP) is useles, I think you have all the functionality you need with just RTE (render to texture).

jeah...

features i see with render to Texture:

make the GPS item as a carryable item..

you take it out to read it, you can mount it inside cars

that means get rid of the "magic" GPS

I really hope BIS seriously considers this, having working CCIP and CCRP coupled with targeting pods and the other features you could implement with R2T would certainly greatly enhance the usability and usefulness of aircraft and helicopters.

Yes please have this feature. It would be fantastic to have MFD's you can manipulate for a change. So having a radar MFD where you manually place the targeting icon over the radar contact to get a LOCK. And make it so you can designate more targets with it in TWS mode at the penalty you wont get detailed information on your HUD and MFD's about the planes your tracking. (If this was to be implemented ECM capability's should be also).