Sign in to follow this  
kylania

AI pilot flies drastically off course, why?

Here's the planned route. Fly in a straight line. This is the vehicles init line:

this flyInHeight 3000; this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 3000];

planedroute.jpg

There are no enemy on the map at all. I just want the stupid thing to fly in a straight line.

Instead this happens:

actualroute.jpg

I finally gave up watching him fly in figure eights. He never even flew where I wanted him to. Anyone know what's wrong with the guy? Default 50% skill.

Lol I also get annoyed by this. -_- I believe there is a script by Mando that you can use..

Edit: Maybe you can set him at careless?

this setBehaviour "CARELESS";

Edited by Semedar

He's already set to CARELESS even though there's nothing to be careful about. :) The MandoHeli route is a but brutal really and in MP can get very choppy.

afaik there is a "roof" in the world at 500 or 1000 meter or something like that for AI pilots, above that and they act "high"

encountered this in another thread awhile ago when we could not get AI pilots to ignore known AA threats upon spawn.

some bombing run or strafing run type thread, im to tired to go thrugh all my previous posts, and i couldnt find it with some quick searches.

Hmm that might be it. I started at 2000 and he just kinda S'd about then headed on. Changed it to 3000 and he got moronic. I'll try at 1000.

Hmm, that must be it. Here I set him to 990 altitude and he fly Ai straight:

iguess.jpg

Next up, trying to get myself to jump out straight and the AI not to fly the opposite direction! :)

Edited by kylania

While we are on the ai pilot topic.

I just noticed that when setting an Ai pilot to take off on dedi server, he turns on full flaps, 10 ish % throttle and never takes off..Same set up on local host and he does not initiate flaps and takes of as he should.

I used a simple waypoint (move) to make this work on local, but is there anything else i need to do for this to work in dedi ?

Note. the pilot starts outside the plane, and are activated to get in plane and take off when a bluefor present trigger goes off.

*snip*

Make sure the plane has a clear taxi way to the correct take off side of the airport.

Ai inside hangars is most likely not a good idea, though i havent tried that in a long while.

Place the first waypoint say 500 or 1000 meter directly in front of his takeof direction, the way he starts his takeof, on takistan South Airport that is North East - East i believe.

Also if you use moveInDriver on AI, make sure you use assignAsDriver first, if you dont, AI will not "know" that he is in a vehicle.

Thx for info. My map is on Isla duala,not sure wheter that may cause an issue. Is there a set direction in which AI must take off on all airports ?

The wp i have used to move pilot in plane is "get in nearest" and made sure he is within 50m of plane. He gets in and starts taxing in the right direction ( he should actually just fire up the engines and take off, since he is allready lined up on the runway) however, he never crancks up the engine and he also set full flaps as he was to break ?

Ill try to assignasdriver in the "get in nearest" wp and do some localised tests to se if i can get the numnut in the air on a dedi :)

Edit"Is there a set direction in which AI must take off on all airports ?"

I guess there is, AI only wants to take off in one set direction locally to..oh well..

Still wont take of in the right direction on my map tough :(

Edited by Sjaba

Edit"Is there a set direction in which AI must take off on all airports ?"

Every single "airport/landingstrip" has their own takeof direction for AI, it may be N on one and SW on another, there is no rule, map creator decides.

Still wont take of in the right direction on my map tough

Try placing the AI not on the takeoff runway, but on the taxi part, if not give me a grid for the airport and ill see if i have same results.