Sign in to follow this  
Janxy

US Stealth Air Fleet mostly grounded?

I know Yanks are fond of shooting Brits..but why are we talking about 2 allied aircraft fighting each other? Shouldn't it be Raptor and typhoon V Su-35 and pak-fa?

Don't you think it's bad enough as it is? lol

@Slatts - just search for "Red Flag exercise".... and which aircrafts are actually in duty/active, "on their way" and experimental. Of course no one isn't interested to reveal all of their latest military research & developments to others or to the public. "Stealth" is just overhyped by the marketing and media. Its like everything new has to go stealth and superfuturemodernwarrior just to make profit. Of course kids like it plus some dramatic music playing in the background.... lets see if there will be a "new" Topgun movie starring the "superior F-22 advanced superfighter" and some pilot bro'mantic. :D

Wasn't interested in discussing your 1st point, didn't miss it at all, what I said is simply factual, can't help if it isn't understood. You asked something about the F-22 and I responded to your other musings. If someone wants to imagine a scenario with an F-22 flying stright and level at high altitude in combat for an extended period leading to an easy shoot down by an aircraft approaching from the rear well that's just fine and dandy with me ;). The imagination is an excellent tool, used properly of course.

If you want to leave GCS, intelligence resources, defensive sensors, AWACs, Missile Launch Detectors etc out of it for fun, well hell, whatever floats yer boat.

That's the thing. I didn't ask anything about the F-22 or the Typhoon in the last several months if at all. Again, I think you missed the point of my post ;)

Edited by Max Power

I never really understand arguments like this. I wonder how the probability of a 1 vs. 1 fight in modern air combat compares with the probability of the United States entering into an air war with Britain or Germany in the first place. Of course this is hypothetical discussion. But, I think the point is less of a Raptor vs. Eurofighter 1 vs. 1 engagement, and more of how the Raptor fairs vs. ANY sort of IRST, or if the Eurofighter is any use against ANY aircraft with a LPI Phased Array radar.

Appologies, you didn't mention anything about the Raptor or Typhoon/Eurofighter recently in this thread, the above is simply being imagined by all who read it. :cool:

@Slatts - just search for "Red Flag exercise".... and which aircrafts are actually in duty/active, "on their way" and experimental. Of course no one isn't interested to reveal all of their latest military research & developments to others or to the public. "Stealth" is just overhyped by the marketing and media. Its like everything new has to go stealth and superfuturemodernwarrior just to make profit. Of course kids like it plus some dramatic music playing in the background.... lets see if there will be a "new" Topgun movie starring the "superior F-22 advanced superfighter" and some pilot bro'mantic. :D

I know about the Germans beating a F-22 and all that. but I still think some of the "blue on blue" talk is a bit much lol The pak-fa was built to take on the F-22. I'd like a discussion about that (I know here it isn't gonna be "raptor wud win zomg! rusans are stupd" )

Ohhh..and I hear TG2 stars the F-35 ;)

Didn't even Suchoi said that PAK FA isn't so much about stealth but designed to be more maneuverable than the F-22 Raptor? Let's see if the PAK FA will be in active duty one day or if this plane will be used as testbed for further developments.

Appologies, you didn't mention anything about the Raptor or Typhoon/Eurofighter recently in this thread, the above is simply being imagined by all who read it. :cool:

Again you misrepresent my statement, or miss the point. I didn't say I didn't mention the raptor, I said I didn't ask about it. Surely you can make that distinction. Maybe while you're quoting you can go back and actually read what I wrote. That statement was not about the raptor but about the purpose or validity of the 1 vs. 1 comparison. I'm not sure what your problem is but maybe if you continue to have these problems you can PM me and we can get to the bottom of them.

Again you misrepresent my statement, or miss the point. I didn't say I didn't mention the raptor, I said I didn't ask about it. Surely you can make that distinction. Maybe while you're quoting you can go back and actually read what I wrote. That statement was not about the raptor but about the purpose or validity of the 1 vs. 1 comparison. I'm not sure what your problem is but maybe if you continue to have these problems you can PM me and we can get to the bottom of them.

Not missing anything at all and realised that from the beginning, we have had PM's in the past, it was where I warned you that your behaviour would cause a mutiny on the forums which happened about 3 weeks later, in return I got some psycopathic rant, was called a troll and I had to complain through official channels. I am glad to see you act in a slightly more mature fashion these days and try observe the rules you enforce, it's always good to see a wayward soul return to the path of righteousness. I think that established once and for all that the problems are yours alone, good day and best wishes to you sir, keep up the good work.

Not missing anything at all and realised that from the beginning, we have had PM's in the past, it was where I warned you that your behaviour would cause a mutiny on the forums which happened about 3 weeks later, in return I got some psycopathic rant, was called a troll and I had to complain through official channels. I am glad to see you act in a slightly more mature fashion these days and try observe the rules you enforce, it's always good to see a wayward soul return to the path of righteousness. I think that established once and for all that the problems are yours alone, good day and best wishes to you sir, keep up the good work.

Not sure where you get the idea that speaking to a moderator in such an insulting and condescending way is acceptable on here. If you have an issue with a moderator or a moderating decision you know what the steps are, the above is the step one takes before being shown the exit. Infraction +2 for posting in an insulting and condescending manner to a moderator.

I think that this 'psychotic rant' you are referring to was probably either 'sig rules don't apply to moderators' and that I doubted very much there would be riot based on my sig, or 'I am not in a customer service position'. I didn't conjure either of those ideas up out of thin air. At any rate, if you have a problem with either of these policies, I would appreciate it if you would complain appropriately to the appropriate people. Otherwise I would appreciate it if you could stick to the topic at hand. Thank you.

Edited by Max Power

Didn't even Suchoi said that PAK FA isn't so much about stealth but designed to be more maneuverable than the F-22 Raptor? Let's see if the PAK FA will be in active duty one day or if this plane will be used as testbed for further developments.

Its not. If that was the case they would be mass producing Su-35BM's. F-22 is not very maneuverable, its US patriots who flood these threads with useless, dumb and uninformed misinformation.