Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MRAP - RG31 Mk5 (WIP)

Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Another week, another batch of pics.

The project is moving along nicely. I've remodeled the axles and added a lot of extra detail down there. Stiltman has also been working his magic and has animated the leaf spring suspension and shock absorbers. Take my word for it, they look superb.

The interior has also been upgraded. Everything now has basic textures, but as we've got plenty of polygons in our budget I'll be making a lot of stuff in 3D... and I mean a LOT of stuff.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Wow - Wow - Wow - Wow!

Stunning!

"Fire the bloody guns where we want them or you'll lose the lot of us"
    Major Harry Smith, Battle of Long Tan, 18 August, 1966.

Looks great ingame!

Is an ambient occlusion map planned? That sure would do this model some good.

any news for this wonderful addon?

Very nice job ! some news ?

Yeah, they are more and more beautiful your vehicles ! The MULTICAM units on the screenshot will be available on ArmA Armed Assault too ?

|- Website Staff CFr-ArmA.net
    |- Co-founder Studio MAF

Suspended Member
    I'm usually not in the threads for this game but, is there any chance this could be ported over to arma:cwa?

Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Sorry about the lack of updates to this thread. I'll change that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennard View Post
    Looks great ingame!

Is an ambient occlusion map planned? That sure would do this model some good.
    I honestly don't know if ArmA1 supports _ao maps, but we'll be making them for the ArmA2 version so I'll test them out on ArmA1 and see what happens lol.

Quote Originally Posted by W4lkn View Post
    Yeah, they are more and more beautiful your vehicles ! The MULTICAM units on the screenshot will be available on ArmA Armed Assault too ?
    Thanks, W4lkn. Yeah those MULTICAM units are already available for ArmA1. I can't remember who made them, or what the AddOn is called though, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeEagle View Post
    I'm usually not in the threads for this game but, is there any chance this could be ported over to arma:cwa?
    I'm not really sure, I'll have to ask Stiltman about that, he's the technical brains of this operation lol.

On to the pics. We've been making good ground on the RG recently. All the LODs have been made, but still need tweaking. The Fire Geometry still needs to be completed, plus a handful of other things. For the most part, it's looking pretty solid. We should be properly beta testing the first truck soon, so you can expect more pics on here and the ArmA2 thread.

As you can see we only have one version so far, but once everything is working perfectly I'll start work on the Mk19-equipped truck.

Just a quick note, there are still a few elements I want to tweak before calling this RG finished. It's mainly subtle stuff, the kinda things no one would really notice, but I notice them lol. So what you see now will change, but only slightly.

Hope you guys like the pics; more to come.

Wow Exa, fantasic pics and incredible work!

The .50 on top is like the cherry on a cake!

A very tough looking truck and thanks also for keeping the little guys (A1 players) in mind!

Cheers
    Stew

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast