Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MRAP - RG31 Mk5 (WIP)

First Lieutenant CameronMcDonald's Avatar
    I honestly don't know if ArmA1 supports _ao maps, but we'll be making them for the ArmA2 version so I'll test them out on ArmA1 and see what happens lol.
    Sure does. BIS uses the extension _AS on their ambient occlusion maps (probably short for ambient shadowing or some such).
    Everyone tempted to post another inane/useless/whogivesatoss topic in the A3 forum - here.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronMcDonald View Post
    Sure does. BIS uses the extension _AS on their ambient occlusion maps (probably short for ambient shadowing or some such).
    AO in BIS engine is called Ambient Shadow (_as): http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/T...ported_formats
    Spoiler:

Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Thanks for the clarification, guys. It'll be really nice to see what the RG looks like with extra shadow detail. I'll update the thread with some pics, once I've actually made the new maps

Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Hey guys, time to brush the dust off this thread.

The basic wreck model is now done, all LODs for both models are done, geometry, fire geometry, land contact.... done. As you can see, we've been pretty busy. Our 'to do' list is getting shorter but we're still some time away from releasing it.

- Some of the textures have been overhauled since the last update. The tyres were remade and a lot of dirt was added between the treads, as well as on the sides.
    - We tried adding ambient shadow maps to the RG but couldn't get ArmA1 to recognise them, sadly (they will be in the ArmA2 version though).
    - The RG now has two levels of broken/damaged glass. I found a bunch of photos of bullet tests on toughened glass and made some nice, accurate textures with them.
    - There are more changes we've made I can't remember them all.

I do have one more little treat for you guys.......

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Here's the first look at the RG31 in olive drab.

It's not quite finished yet, I still have to tidy up a few loose ends with the textures, but it's very nearly finished. For those of you with ArmA2, keep an eye on our other thread. Stiltman will be uploading a new test video soon, so you can see the wreck model in action. Not today, not tomorrow... soon

Thanks for the continued support.

AWESOME man!!

what about this stuff for A2 Oo?!

Sergeant
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Guid View Post
    what about this stuff for A2 Oo?!
    Everything you see here will also be in ArmA2, plus a few extra treats we haven't mentioned yet

sorry, I miss a realise for A2 or where it ?!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast