Sign in to follow this  
DomZ

High Command Extensions

Hopefully will get a release for Arma2 and 3 out soon. Just a few things to tidy up.

I haven't looked into group naming groups currently.

• Like 1

Hopefully will get a release for Arma2 and 3 out soon. Just a few things to tidy up.

I haven't looked into group naming groups currently.

High Command Extensions 1.14 working in arma 3, but there is one problem. We don't need to put HC module on map in arma 2 to start extensions work, in arma 3 it doesn't work without module, and if you switch to another unit you can't see 0-8 menu,it is available only to a unit with which you started the game. DomZ , please, help to deal with this problem.

The Arma 2 version does not work in Aram 3 as released in 1.14. The menus work a bit differently and so do initialisations. I have a working version that operates in Arma 3. Got a week of next week so hopefully release new versions for 2 and 3. Its got masses of fixes and extra features.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

High command extension 1,14 and later does not need the high command module. It works better without it! I should probably have changed then name of it.

• Like 1

I have to code ready for Arma 2 and 3. Just need to finish some instructions.

• Like 1

Still waiting for release, Domz, where are you ? :)

No the mod has not died. Ave made it a .Pob file (extra features) an a lot faster with no slow downs over hours (hopefully). Just not got round to releasing it, rather than using the addon.

The Arma 2 and three versions worked almost exactly the same, but the Arma 3 version needed new features to support equipment, artillery, parachutes and ammo.

I decided to add more stuff because the Arma 3 artillery just fired at points with a dispersion of 10m (via HC). The working (Arma 3) version has better artillery. These are rate and fire and dispersion + adding currently new mobile mortar platoon support. Its back pack support at high command level, because static equipment can be moved around with them not just mortars.

Maybe I should release a version without the fully finished instructions, as the existing functionality is the same but with extras.

• Like 1

oh ok im sorry, its just with the months with no updates the mind starts to wonder what happened, maybe we could get the version without the instructions and then release the instructions at a later date when your ready, the rest of us can just play around with it and learn it by trial and error?

does the new patch fix the problem with teamswitching, for ex. sometimes when you teamswitch to a unit then switch back to the high commander, the high commander cant see HC units on the map anymore?

don't wanna seem like a pest, im just the messenger for about 5 other people who don't have accounts on here :)

It will solve many switching problems, but not all because some are part of the engine. For example, getting out of vehicles and them not getting back in is more reliable.

This is only really designed for single player.

It will also normally cope with commanders dieing and re-link the command structure automatically.

Edited by DomZ
  • Like 1

It will solve many switching problems, but not all because some are part of the engine. For example, getting out of vehicles and them not getting back in is more reliable.

This is only really designed for single player.

It will also normally cope with commanders dieing and re-link the command structure automatically.

great news :) looking forward to the new artillery system, HC transport will be perfect for altis

The Arma 2 version does not work in Aram 3 as released in 1.14. The menus work a bit differently and so do initialisations. I have a working version that operates in Arma 3. Got a week of next week so hopefully release new versions for 2 and 3. Its got masses of fixes and extra features.

:( maybe theres still hope it will be released..

DomZ last visit here was few months ago, it's sad...

Spent some time on resurrecting this script. Due to some differences in A2 and A3 - HCE menu now should be opened by key (uses CBA Keybind, so script requires CBA A3 to work properly)

HCE A3 compatible versionhttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1yCv09Hd6bnWS4j31NaacaYET5w0ZSeAL

If someone manage to test it and it will work good with A3 - i guess it can be even packed as mod.

• Thanks 1