Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: West-Kent Map UK WIP

Always happy to see another European terrain. Looks very promissing, if I just could have one suggestion - try rotating some of the trees and hedgerow bushes (screens 2,5,7) for a more lifelike feel maybe?

Oterwise great and really looking forward to it.

Author of the Thread
    Thanks for the kind words all

@topas
    Sizes and shapes of bushes will vary ect, but as for the part you refer to im using an exact copy of a actual picture and thats as close as it gets, however if the feel does become an issue i'll change.

Small update, they'll be some uk road signs, brick pillboxes from WWII era which are still left over around here. Went out and took some so you guys can get an idea of what to expect (http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...B/4ee7f427.jpg). Will be a pond or two as well, also british Architecture.

Right no more work tonight going to watch my Arsenal throw away their 3-0 lead at halftime and break my heart! .

Cheers Jeza

ArmaHolic Youtube
    Modsaholic sister site to Armaholic
    Steam profile
    Ground Branch - Bringing back the old days of real tactical shooters
    Foxhound - Breaking news: Armaholic informed by Informant not to post news before being Informed, Armaholic posts news anyway, Informant turns off Internet for two hours
    Rig: MSI 780Ti Gaming Edition, 8gb1833,i7 4770k@4.5 Do that polite thing

Map's looking good fella, can't wait to see it with some proper green English foliage! I've just started work on a Western Europe map myself, mine's the other side of London though, and I've only just finished my Sat image tonight so I'm a waaaay off release lol, I'm sure
    interested in how your planning to tackle your map's theme, the mail boxes etc that others have been talking about - my map is a built up urban area and I'm starting to worry about getting the English feel across without too much resource hogging detail and objects :/
    One question / thought btw, is your terrain all finished now? Just looks a little flat to me - for good game play I'd suggest you break up the map a little more, doesn't really matter how but you normally need some sort of cover, whether it's buildings and walls, vegetation, elevation variation etc. Large open areas with no cover or variation don't lend themselves well to varied game play. Having said that, it DOES look good for vehicle and armor use .
    Anyways, Good Luck!
    DC

Quote Originally Posted by DC39 View Post
    Map's looking good fella, can't wait to see it with some proper green English foliage! I've just started work on a Western Europe map myself, mine's the other side of London though, and I've only just finished my Sat image tonight so I'm a waaaay off release lol, I'm sure
    interested in how your planning to tackle your map's theme, the mail boxes etc that others have been talking about - my map is a built up urban area and I'm starting to worry about getting the English feel across without too much resource hogging detail and objects :/
    One question / thought btw, is your terrain all finished now? Just looks a little flat to me - for good game play I'd suggest you break up the map a little more, doesn't really matter how but you normally need some sort of cover, whether it's buildings and walls, vegetation, elevation variation etc. Large open areas with no cover or variation don't lend themselves well to varied game play. Having said that, it DOES look good for vehicle and armor use .
    Anyways, Good Luck!
    DC
    British sir, we're all in it together remember . I was hoping someone was working on a British territory.

Jez, you definitely rang some bells there. Great work so far. I always thought someone would go for the Isle of Wight seeing as it's an island. But Kent is one of the nicest part of the UK ("England!" shat up) and I imagine there's plenty of flat terrain there? Should one want to encourage tank battles or random strolls with the local women from Strood. I think someone's made British road signs if you want to use them!

All the best to you Jez.
    ASUS Sabertooth X79 ¦ Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2GHz ¦ Corsair H100i CPU Cooler ¦ Patriot Divsion 4 Viper Xtreme 16GB ¦ Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD ¦ Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb SSD ¦ Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 ¦ Creative X-fi Xtreme Gamer ¦ Fractal Design Define R4 ¦ Logitech G11 & G400 ¦ Windows 7 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by liukang168 View Post
    Once formed share your idea ...

Quote Originally Posted by DC39 View Post
    One question / thought btw, is your terrain all finished now? Just looks a little flat to me ....
    If I remember right large parts of the South East are pretty flat..
    CBF Ship Building Industry
    Former leader of the now closed 1982: Flashpoint in the Falklands team
    Permissions still required to use FLK models, all it takes is asking (via pm not a thread please)

This is -AMAZING-. Well, I'm from Essex, so my invading army on this map will always be from the North!

Is it too far West to be able to reenact the War and Peace show at Tunbridge Wells?
    The roads are real nice too. Loving the double yellow lines, phoar.

Someone will have to retexture the ol' bus as a First company bus...

I can never see the words "West Kent" without thinking of Nicky Campbell's classic spoonerism live on BBC radio...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzXJfkJbrT4

Quote Originally Posted by Tankieboy2 View Post
    I confirm, Kent is quite flat!
    Yep, I can also confirm this.

Cannot wait to operate on this map, good work!
    Last edited by Itsonlyaname; Apr 14 2012 at 16:11.

Author of the Thread
    Thanks for the words above, sorry did not reply earlier!
    @DC39, cheers, will have signs and english Architectural structures along the line, read below, also some pill boxes (hopfully) from the area I live in.
    @the rest of you mukers, many thanks!
    Update

Hello all, update for you all, have not been able to commit enough time on the map as I would have like'd, ideally I would have like to had it out the door since the last update, but have been busy with other such things you all know how it is, so apologies there. I thought I would post some screens after today small session, by now you should get the idea of what to expect, lots of english countryside, Uk buildings are in the pipes, no eta on them, so may release a placeholder with just UK roads and update at a later point. Anyway don't want to take up to much of your time, so here are the screens:

1They'll be few houses out in the sticks along with some ponds, found in deeper forrest area's:

2A Council estate area:

3Farming complex within the village of bidborough:

4Forrest backdrop from the farm:

5Couple more screens from the far end of bidborough:

HD links - 15+ Screens
    Spoiler:

Once i'm happy with placements ect, they'll be a lot more detail and clutter added. Thanks for taking the time to view.

Kind Regards Jeza
    Last edited by Jeza; Apr 27 2012 at 00:19. Reason: Replying to older posts

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast