Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

Binarized objects not displayed in WRPtool

Hi,

WRPTool is driving me crazzy, so before i sacrifice some unlucky and innocent animals, i'm posting this.

I've got one wooden wall p3d, binarize it, correctly displayed in WRPtool so i can place it nicely.

I take the same p3d, edit it a little to have a double wooden door : delete some parts, move a few others, name some selections to animate the door, add a memory lod, delete the path and roadway lods not needed anymore. Very simple changes, the object is quite simple by itself. I binarize it (without errors), and you know what ? WRPtool says it isn't a correct p3d file, and displays an ugly blue box making it impossible to correctly place the object.

Does anyone know WHY some binarized objects aren't considered as "correct" by this tool, when others are considered ok ?

Edited by ProfTournesol

WrpTool (and OdolEx) have problems decoding named selections correctly. You can either try to remove some (unnecessary) selections until WrpTool reads the binarized P3d correctly; or you do the following:

You copy your offending P3D and remove all selections within it and use this binarized version in WrpTool.

Thanks for the answer.

It worked for most of the models that didn't work, but not for this door. Anyway, it's a great step forward fighting against the dark side of this tool :don 14:

Edited by ProfTournesol

"You copy your offending P3D and remove all selections within it and use this binarized version in WrpTool. "

I must be missing some thing .. Mt Wrptool did not come with a Binarized program ...

Could you please give a link to the wrptool you got?

LFH

"You copy your offending P3D and remove all selections within it and use this binarized version in WrpTool. "

I must be missing some thing .. Mt Wrptool did not come with a Binarized program ...

Could you please give a link to the wrptool you got?

LFH

Nah, the binarizing tool is the BIS one. Vektorboson said that i needed to get rid of the named selections in the object 3D models before binarizing them, so that WRPtool finds them acceptable and displays them correctly.