Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy

Lengthy timeout when accessing Controls menu. Need help tracing cause.

Hi all,

Having some issues with accessing the Options > Controls dialogue ever since I unplugged and re-plugged my joysticks into my machine running ARMA: Combined Operations (Steam version) on Windows 7.

I can click on Options just fine, that brings up the next menu dialogue no problem, but if I click on the Controls menu item, the game freezes my cursor for 20 to 40 seconds and then the Controls dialogue opens.

The only applicable error I can find in my ArmaA2O.RPT is this:

Warning: no idc entry inside class RscDisplayConfigureControllers/controls/CA_RscConfJoysticksButton

Here are the steps I've tried to rectify this problem:

• I have uninstalled and re-installed my joystick setup so it is first on the list of controllers.
  • Updated my joystick drivers and re-calibrated everything.
  • Joysticks disconnected (all USBs unplugged).
  • Just the keyboard disconnected.
  • Just the mouse disconnected.
  • Joysticks, keyboard, mouse disconnected.

Despite all the above, the game still hangs for 20 to 40 seconds when I click the Options > Controls menu.

Does anyone know what that error message means? Is it related to this problem? I found this Dialog Controls Wiki page that explains that IDC entries are unique identifier codes for dialogs. From that, I'm guessing the error might have to do with a joystick button option that has been included, but doesn't have an IDC code. Then again, that error could just be a symptom of the real problem. I think it's the latter, because everything was working before I unplugged my joystick and then re-plugged it back in.

I'm looking for any and all possible solutions, no matter how unlikely or ridiculous :)

Edited by Grumpy