Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

Comparison picture album : Lemnos - ArmA3

I gathered all comparison images in one album.

You can view them here :ArmA3 vs Lemnos Album

Update 1-AUG

JH_comparison.jpg

Real world map location

qDMnm.jpg

lemnospowerplant2.jpg

comparison_collagekk7l.png

Real world map location

arma3terraincomparison.jpg

Real world map location

comparison.jpg

Real world map location

If someone has more comparison images, let me know!

If you like to be updated on ArmA related news via social media,then follow/add me!

Cheers!

Edited by jerryhopper

Updated first post with thumbnail Images for your enjoyment ;)

Very cool! Is that a football/soccer/some sport field in the HALO image?

Hell, even I would play Arma3 soccer as a "side game", and I hate soccer and almost all kinds of sports :p

Great comparison pictures!

Off-topic:

There was a working soccer mod for ArmA 1, so I'm sure there should be no problem with soccer in ArmA III.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Here it is: ArMaTeC Football

Edited by Nicholas

How about the gulf of Moudros from the viewpoint of that new screenshot, compared with an expanded perceptive from Google Earth that includes more of the surrounding area and the airport?

hG4c8.jpg

How about the gulf of Moudros from the viewpoint of that new screenshot, compared with an expanded perceptive from Google Earth that includes more of the surrounding area and the airport?

Thats correct, i made this comparison too, yours however, shows the airport.

JH_comparison2.jpg

the similarities, its friggen brilliant. Bravo Bis!

I have to admit I'm slightly worried. I checked Lemnos on googleearth, and maximum altitude I could find was around 420 meters. Combined with gentle hills rather than deep valleys to hide in, approach from, and surprise from. Takistan has a difference of about 700 meters, filled with awesome valleys and choices of approach routes where you can actually stay hidden.

On Lemnos, put one aircraft/helicopter up there, and it can see pretty much everything, and relatively invulnerable to manpads due long reaction times. And a vehicle just won't get close enough.

Are my worries real?

Another huuuge worry is lack of a mini island like Utes to test things on. I can live with longer loading times when wanting to actually play the game, but when fighting own crash bugs (you know, that missing ; you just can't find in your addon config), a fast loading island is crucial.

Another huuuge worry is lack of a mini island like Utes to test things on. I can live with longer loading times when wanting to actually play the game, but when fighting own crash bugs (you know, that missing ; you just can't find in your addon config), a fast loading island is crucial.

This x1000. :)

Yes your worries are real. Everyone will be running around with javelins.

Im fine with that. Smoother running game.

And a worse gameplay

So many experts on an unreleased game :)

OFP/ArmA has always come with a smaller test island. And viewdistance need not encompass the entire Lemnos island.

Edited by DMarkwick

So many experts on an unreleased game :)

OFP/ArmA has always come with a smaller test island. Really, simply because a thing is not mentioned does not imply it's removal. And viewdistance need not encompass the entire Lemnos island.

heh, the real question is : Which island they use for that smaller one?!

is it :

- the small one southwest of limnos

- or is it the one far east of limnos?

i think its safe to say that the two islands on the east of limnos are too big.

http://maps.google.nl/maps?q=limnos&hl=nl&ll=40.000268,25.269928&spn=0.906819,1.783905&sll=51.924216,4.481776&sspn=0.375603,0.891953&t=h&z=10

Tell me what you think ;)