Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Most likely shooting from vehicles - bipods will have to wait another 15 years ...

and automatic doors with disembarking in 2045 :yay:

More seriously, we know already the anim of fire from a side of the chopper since the alpha, i hope more work since this time...

With the possibility of the open door, maybe we can hope more but i think with the limit of the features / VBS of BI Studio, i don't have any hope for many things who include fix of the surface of the water (fix in the VBS), mask hud for the diver (VBS), possibility to choose the place we want in a vehicule, firing from all the vehicule, under-construction, 3D editor and more... it's just Arma with this limits... unfortenately

firing from all the vehicule ... 3D editor ...

Firing from vehicles is pretty much confirmed to be coming along with the Helicopters DLC. (They have now mentioned it repeatedly in blogs/sitreps.)

A "fully featured 3D editor" based on the work they have done with Zeus was also mentioned as a possibility, albeit not until the expansion pack next year.

If you read pettka's horrible pun the feature is something to do with sound. :D

Well now that you mentioned it, I feel zimms is spot on with his guess. :)

Firing from vehicles is pretty much confirmed to be coming along with the Helicopters DLC. (They have now mentioned it repeatedly in blogs/sitreps.)

A "fully featured 3D editor" based on the work they have done with Zeus was also mentioned as a possibility, albeit not until the expansion pack next year.

Wait and See^^

I just want not fire only from chopper, that's all, i dream about a race when i'm sit in the back of a truck and fire on the ennemies who follow the vehicule^^

For the 3D editor, it's so bad to wait a year because many players would stop play this game after 2 years of playing...

Well now that you mentioned it, I feel zimms is spot on with his guess. :)

Indeed. Looking at the wording again, it's almost definitely something to do with sound.

Hoping for proper real time reverb, attenuation filters etc. Expecting door sounds. :D

Wait and See^^

I just want not fire only from chopper, that's all, i dream about a race when i'm sit in the back of a truck and fire on the ennemies who follow the vehicule^^

It won't be limited to just helicopters:

Furthermore, although we're focusing upon helos as a starting point, Firing from Vehicles stands to benefit other sandbox assets; any specifically configured cargo positions offer potential gameplay for units (both players and AI) in transit.
For the 3D editor, it's so bad to wait a year because many players would stop play this game after 2 years of playing...

Earlier is always better, players are always leaving.... Though I would argue that some of those players may come back when the expansion arrives. ;)

If its sound related - i know one feature that is missing 15 years in the games

Sound: Added door opening/closing sounds

:icon_twisted:

i hope in a serious upgrade of CSAT faction as well

ha ha ha - I spent a week adding door sounds into my mod.

Oh well, time to delete some surplus code.....

ha ha ha - I spent a week adding door sounds into my mod.

Oh well, time to delete some surplus code.....

Still you can do those tracers tho :D

Meh... Even re-skinned MXM variant would be more exciting than this..

I play lots of CS GO there door sound actually matters but i can't see myself using it in Arma, after all most of the battles i encounter is in long ranges and nobody hides in the buildings since you get yourself into disadvantage(huge sway versus crouched/prone opponent in the street) by aiming through windows or balconies

I was really hoping that 15 yrs lacking feature won't be so minor and unimportant. Even adding props to airport terminal which is completely empty and doesn't look like an airport terminal would be better

Sorry for my ignorance but i got extremely excited by that tweet just to get extremely dissapointed in a matter of hours.

Meh... Even re-skinned MXM variant would be more exciting than this..

I play lots of CS GO there door sound actually matters but i can't see myself using it in Arma, after all most of the battles i encounter is in long ranges and nobody hides in the buildings since you get yourself into disadvantage(huge sway versus crouched/prone opponent in the street) by aiming through windows or balconies

I was really hoping that 15 yrs lacking feature won't be so minor and unimportant. Even adding props to airport terminal which is completely empty and doesn't look like an airport terminal would be better

Sorry for my ignorance but i got extremely excited by that tweet just to get extremely dissapointed in a matter of hours.

Actually, that's a pretty good post. Because the devs play their cards close to their chest, we have no way of knowing what they're working on. Be nice if we had some sort of idea so modders can plan working on mods accordingly. Total waste of time otherwise when you find out something you've done and plan to release has been added by them unexpectedly.

Now do I carry on working on indoor furniture only to find out they add it in 2 weeks time?

I was quite surprised when they made Altis available and i checked loads of town buldings just to see that they're the same and empty. Then i went to airport to see that it's completely empty.

It seems like buildings were built but nobody ever used them and airport is just freshly built.

And if they're making an expansion with a new map i hope it won't be as dead as Altis was. Kavala is just completely abandoned wasteland, no furniture at all. I would like to see a modern city/metropolis in arma series surrounded by beautifull lakes/cliffs/deep forest with swamps/bunch of caves hidden by the river falling down from the cliff.

I personally don't know if metropolis/modern type of city would be possible in Arma, it's an demanding game already. And modern city has to feel lively, not a wasteland with plain freshly built buildings that were never used. Im pretty sure there will be a map expansion sooner or later. But if it's going to be another plain desert than it's no buy for me(unless it will have campaign, i really liked A3 campaign, all the VR stuff is amazing aswell)

Although i would accept Dubai-a-like map with the deserts. Buildings in that city is simply magnificient!

But before all this fancy stuff we should get stuff like resting, it's really important, it really sucks that you can put your weapon on the sill while shooting through window(also some of the windows is impossible to smash, which is weird and annoying)

Im new to this forum(just recently figured out that i have to accept the rules before being able to comment....) so sorry for my "negative"/ignorant posts. I really like this game but i feel that it has much much more potential

I really like this game but i feel that it has much much more potential

We know. Arma 3 is a ball of Potential Energy that could become the best game out there. But time IS running out.

On another note, this missing feature for 15 years... It beats me. I got nothing. If they could pull off some kind of really nice Sound features, that'd be cool. But if it's something minor, ill just sit tight until Helicopters in released. (Or the features for DEV so i can start testing.)

the so HUGE maps is a Huge mistakes are good only for altis life ;)

the so HUGE maps is a Huge mistakes are good only for altis life ;)

Not really. Usually with a map like Altis being so big, there are so many places to make scenario's, and changing it up could provide the possibility of never getting bored of the map. Being so big, chances are your going to come across something you never thought was there, or re visit a place which will really remind you of how great of a map it is. Or, if your like me, just enjoy the vastness, and the scenery.

Not really. Usually with a map like Altis being so big, there are so many places to make scenario's, and changing it up could provide the possibility of never getting bored of the map. Being so big, chances are your going to come across something you never thought was there, or re visit a place which will really remind you of how great of a map it is. Or, if your like me, just enjoy the vastness, and the scenery.

This is so true, bits of Altis are truly breathtaking and I routinely find myself seeing a place thinking, "oh that place looks awesome, what could I do there". (Happened yesterday, saw a little place tucked away in the valleys of northern Altis and I thought it would make a great rebel base.

We know. Arma 3 is a ball of Potential Energy that could become the best game out there. But time IS running out.

Yeah time is running, ofcourse we can lay our heads down and hope for the best in Arma 4(if they even decide to make it, although i don't see any reason apart from money why they wouldn't make it)

To be fair i was quite shocked that BI dared to release Arma without campaign, it got bashed pretty hard by media. Sitting behind Beta tag would have been a better idea.

And VR is extremely cool for newbies to train on, also Arsenal is amazing and pretty easy to implement into the server. Also fatigue system which punishes you for being a rambo with MG and RPG is sweet. I used to see so many people on pubs running with insane amount of mags/grenades/weapons + full backpack/vest

Now you actually have to think what you need in your loadout.

I would say Arma 3 is a vast improvement over Arma 2 in terms of animations/functionality/graphical fidelity. And i saw lots of people being mad over Arma 3 lack of content, but they forgot that Arma 2 had LOADS of DLCs, that's why it's so full of everything.

When it comes to weapons and ground transport im pretty happy.

Things that im looking forward to is:

1.Weapon resting

2.Map with metropolis or just some beautiful recreated European city with lakes and all those fancy things i mentioned before

3.I also would like to see customization options but i can't really see it being implemented into vanilla Arma, since there won't be a "smart" way to distribute that customizable content. If it had official dedicated servers which are displayed clearly on the main screen then it might be possible. But even thought i can see hardcore arma community hating such "feature" so im not even going to mention it fully over here

4.Bigger variety in scopes, for example i would like to have DMS like scope and secondary "scope" is just a plain iron sight

5.Entering/exiting cars/tanks animations coming back in a long term(it isn't critical). It's just annoying seeing that an enemy can pop out of car instantly, it has to be some kind of penalty and animation would be that kind of penalty. Your tank is disabled? Well bad luck, you'll have to crawl on top of it and pray that enemy isn't watching the entrance of it

6.Fast roping out of the choppers

7.Fixing how cars/helis behave when damaged, instead of blowing up instantly in Michael Bay style. I don't even know if im supposed to laugh or cry when offroad explodes into million pieces just by getting bumped into the car. Yes driver should be dead after high speed collision but car shouldn't just explode like that, it can be damaged or start burning but exploding in one second doesn't really make sense. Also it would add some kind of a skill gap, for example your hunters engine caught fire and you take a risk to drive just a little bit away from the enemy convoy to save your ass, if you're fast enough at that you might run away from explosion in time and probably survive behind some cover if not then you'll explode with the hunter or simply burn in it

Sorry if there's some mistakes in my rant/wishes bucket.

Also regarding Altis, it has some good scenery but my main point was that town/airports are completely abandoned, it doesn't feel "natural" at all.

i agree, but don't play a military shooter but a landscape builder, altis is a framerate destroyer, a good move for Bis is to recreate (with more soul) "isla the pollo" with the new asset and two airport for som MP skirmish

i agree, but don't play a military shooter but a landscape builder, altis is a framerate destroyer, a good move for Bis is to recreate (with more soul) "isla the pollo" with the new asset and two airport for som MP skirmish

To be honest, what i was thinking of is a map of the same size as Altis, but with more distinct land features we have never really experienced in Vanilla before. For example, a large Dam or Bridge, or multiple valley's with bridges and Tunnel roads. Or perhaps mountain side roads with a dangerous fall into a river. Or maybe some kind of really nice Building/Resort set up in some really mountainous areas or on a river. I Personally think that a map about the size of Altis is about the perfect size for the Arma series. Chernarus was ok, but i got bored of it after a year. Still bored of it, really. Gotta think outside of the box. With the RV4 Engine, there are things that would look so much better now, than it did or ever would look in Previous engines, and who knows. Maybe it could work just perfectly.

To be honest, what i was thinking of is a map of the same size as Altis, but with more distinct land features we have never really experienced in Vanilla before. For example, a large Dam or Bridge, or multiple valley's with bridges and Tunnel roads. Or perhaps mountain side roads with a dangerous fall into a river. Or maybe some kind of really nice Building/Resort set up in some really mountainous areas or on a river. I Personally think that a map about the size of Altis is about the perfect size for the Arma series. Chernarus was ok, but i got bored of it after a year. Still bored of it, really. Gotta think outside of the box. With the RV4 Engine, there are things that would look so much better now, than it did or ever would look in Previous engines, and who knows. Maybe it could work just perfectly.

Great vision, blowing up a bridge while tank rolling through it would be pretty neat :)

Uhm...

If its sound related - i know one feature that is missing 15 years in the games

Sound: Added door opening/closing sounds

:icon_twisted:

DATA

Added: Doors now make a sound when being opened [and closed]

A Little change but a big step in the saga! is my opinion :D

Not to be picky, but the closing sound plays before the door properly closes. But well, after 15 years, it's a huge achievement!