Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Prepare your faces ... gonna write tickets on this alpha until you say "enough !!"

Thats the spirit :cool:for alpha/beta testing especially

---------- Post added at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 ----------

Excellent update!

Here are some new in-game screenshots :)

The Artillery vehicle, does it excist or is it invented? or from what is it inspired?

Yep, I think it looks ugly, but it's fitting given it's Russian.

I think it looks sexy :p

Should be fun to use it with PhysX now.

The rear axle looks... vulnerable. :cc: There may be a ton of armour on this thing compared to a BRDM-2, but shoot those wheels off and - LOL.

We get the odd BIS developer on the forums here, don’t mean that type of odd.:rolleyes:

Could one of them reassure me of something, in the cleverly worded Arma 3 website for the 'Supporter Edition' of the early release game, it states there is a 'Scenario Editor'. Now in Arma 2 we have a Scenario editor via the Scenario section, i.e. into Scenario/my missions/create, there’s a small weaker editor there to make quick scenario type missions.

Now the main ‘Editor’ in Arma 2 is, well the main editor, click it via single player mode. Now, that is a powerful full editor very unlike the scenario one. Could someone from BIS confirm that the clever wording ‘Scenario Editor (FULL)', doesn’t just mean the small scenario editor we have in A2 under the scenario section.. :eek:

Too many scenario’s…:j:

Will there be the usual full ‘Editor’, not scenario editor, in the early releases or is it for the main release, or dread the thought, is it not going to be a part of Arma 3 at all ?

I know they have said there will be an editor, just making sure its the main one and not the small scenario thingy jiggy editor thing in scenario.

Actually thinking about that now, makes me remember that it was similar to OFPElite for the xbox 'editor', that was more a scenario type editor, good for the xbox, but no good for the pc..

I’m all scenario’ed out………...:(

Edited by ChrisB

Since I'm obviously not a dev I can't say for sure, but I'll give my .02

I think it will the full editor, maybe with not ALL the features (some may be WIP yet) but the core features. The alpha would not be as easily testable if it the editor wasn't implemented to its fullest.

Plus, I want to port some missions over before the full version, and I can't do that without the full editor.

SQF is still being used, right?

Could someone from BIS confirm that the clever wording ‘Scenario Editor (FULL)', doesn’t just mean the small scenario editor we have in A2 under the scenario section.. :eek:

Alpha is going to include the main 2D mission editor, with all functionality like editing units, waypoints or modules, etc.

Alpha Lite will let you access it as well; however, saving and loading missions will be disabled.

Too many scenario’s…:j:

The "small scenario editor" you're talking about was template editor, because it used pre-defined mission templates like DM or CTF. It's discontinued in Arma 3 and you won't find it anymore. Instead, we're planning to replace it by customizable params, a technology already used in MP missions for quite some time.

SQF is still being used, right?

Yes. Apart from a whole range of new commands, some existing ones were slightly tweaked to be compatible with the expanded functionality. Inventory commands are one of them, because the whole system now behaves differently.

Edited by Moricky

It looked pretty damn good to me too, an extra feature too to make some things easier!

Moricky your not the guy that was the wiz on Puzzle Bobble were you? I still owe you a coffee!

Yes. Apart from a whole range of new commands, some existing ones were slightly tweaked to be compatible with the expanded functionality. Inventory commands are one of them, because the whole system now behaves differently.

Will there be a list with all those new commands released at the same time as the alpha gets released?

Looks like a cross between the bat mobile an vehicle from the movie Aliens 8)-

Will there be a list with all those new commands released at the same time as the alpha gets released?

Yes. I'm working on it right now.

Many thanks ‘Moricky’ for your reply, it was very much appreciated. Its great news to me that the full 2D editor will be in A3, plus new tweaks and other bits, really happy and reassured now, will be buying the Supporter Edition for sure.:).

Thanks also ‘bobtom’, for your reply, I needed some reassurance. I am always in the Editor making missions, I'm only ever out of the editor, when I'm playing those missions..;)

Yes. I'm working on it right now.

Yay! can't wait to see and test them!:yay:

I hope that this 2D editor presented in A3 will be better than old A2's.

And also that 3D editor will be included in final game. (I'll pay for it as additional expansion/DLC)

So sexy, I need to get in there...

deep inside there? :o

So sexy, I need to get in there...

Such curves...such structure..

I wanna see that bottom boucing, if you know what I mean. :cool:

PhysX.

Such curves...such structure..
deep inside there? :o

Yeah, and so tight ;)...

We need more pictures of the rear end!!

Seconded.

BIS, if you're reading this, give us a pic of dat ass! Pretty please. :D