Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

We will release our plans in one go: clear, concise, to the point.

Ok, thats typical BIS communication, "as conise as possible"

but the question is, is it appropriate for todays (official) communication needs (seeing the current communication desaster @CC) ?

Clear and conise mutually exclusive itself.

(Beside the fact that your statement is as clear as a milky glass ;) )

Those words from RIE are pretty but what changes the .... that Arma 3 will go out in 2014 maybe ?

However, it'll be actions, not words, that will be the proof of that. :)

Admit it, you all just wanted to see whether 2012 DA 14 hits us our not; would have saved you from having to make ARMA III ;)

It's true, much has since changed: PhysX, Limnos, DayZ, to name but a few.

50 cents :icon_twisted:

Ok, thats typical BIS communication, "as conise as possible"

Incorrect information and mixed messages are, for me, more damaging than radio silence, however frustrating - for player or developer - that may be. I believe that the extra time in development - however unexpected - will be to the ultimate benefit of the players and our community. Honesty in our approach is important, even when we can only say: 'soonâ„¢'.

It's worth noting that we've worked around several - rather unexpected - events over the past few months. Now that we've been able to deal with them, yes - you're correct - in the context of today's communications, there's more we can do: more we can share, talk about, and release.

Without doubt, developing 'in a bubble' is in the past.

Best,

RiE

50 cents :icon_twisted:

Worth it!

Edited by RoyaltyinExile
Added quote due to unexpected number of replies!

I understand when the Dev´s say all the time we have to wait before we can lay our hands on ARMA 3 , so it is for our mutual benefit to let you guys fix and enhance the game.

BUT if you release the Alpha ,the fixing of bugs will be done faster and the reaction of us , the customers , the ones you are making the game for ,

will improve ARMA 3 , a so that it can be released into the broad market and get a positive reaction .

I tought we could participate in a real Alpha an not some Beta that takes place 1 month before Release :(

Edited by Jake_Krieger

Soon... IF fans know that word very well though. :rolleyes:

The exception here is that it's hardly the first Arma game, so we know that they'll deliver on quality, unlike IF.

there's more we can do: more we can share, talk about, and release. [/size]

Its more about how, not what or in which quantity, but I'm looking forward to your community (/press/official) relations for ArmA 3. :)

Limnos...

Don`t even mention that, cause you will be jailed for no reason !

No need for that at all, BI explicitly stated a while back that they don't want that kind of talk on the forum.

Incorrect information and mixed messages are, for me, more damaging than radio silence, however frustrating - for player or developer - that may be. I believe that the extra time in development - however unexpected - will be to the ultimate benefit of the players and our community. Honesty in our approach is important, even when we can only say: 'soonâ„¢'.

It's worth noting that we've worked around several - rather unexpected - events over the past few months. Now that we've been able to deal with them, yes - you're correct - in the context of today's communications, there's more we can do: more we can share, talk about, and release.

Without doubt, developing 'in a bubble' is in the past.

Best,

RiE

Good news indeed, although most of us understand the reasons for the radio silence. Good to see the wheels turning again!

Last newspic show: two A3 tanks fighting each other with their main weapon. Maybe a hint about excessive cuts in the A3 military - read: there is no ammo - improvise! Or is BIS going to implement micropayment for each shell, bullet, "whatsoever" - just something what mainstream/"F2P" players got used to do. ;)

Last newspic show: two A3 tanks fighting each other with their main weapon. Maybe a hint about excessive cuts in the A3 military - read: there is no ammo - improvise! Or is BIS going to implement micropayment for each shell, bullet, "whatsoever" - just something what mainstream/"F2P" players got used to do. ;)

You mean damaging or destroying the tank turret with the other tank itself ?

Can be... ;)

Similarities happened in 1943 at Kursk.

Yes!!! That is what we want!! So come over the bridge....and release....info...alpha...and experience what a community can do!

High hopes seems to have perpetuum mobile engine, although that would be nice addition only if you could smash smaller vehicles and objects with tanks too.

High hopes lives in Pink Floyd so they don`t need any perpetuum mobile engine.

Although smashing things with some kind of physics in it, is possible even in RV3 engine...

Indeed, we would love to see more then just infantry-centric sim...

I think you're misinterpreting what I meant by 'centric'. It doesn't mean we only deliver an infantry game; rather, it means we pick infantry as a starting point, and everything else we do - helicopters, tanks, UAVs, scuba, whatever - needs to be mindful of this 'core' gameplay. We're simply not a big enough team to do everything to the level of fidelity we'd like, so we need to focus on making a consistent core platform that we, and the community, can build upon.

In the past, we've hurt ourselves by not thinking carefully about the dependencies new features have with each other. To some extent, some early decisions in Arma 3 risked making the same mistake. Someone has a passion for something, so a feature is bolted on without appropriate consideration of the 'big picture'. Now, I can't say Arma 3 will fix these problems entirely, but I hope the ship (HMS. Splendid) is steering in a new direction.

Arma 3 is a unique military game with an infantry focus. Built upon appropriate, useful and engaging elements of simulation, it's an accessible platform for a variety of official and community playable/ sandbox content, based on the principles of authenticity, diversity and opportunity.

I think my sig quote is probably a bit more complex than the sentence first shows. It packs in a lot of quite important information, which, below, I'll expand upon.

"...Military game with an infantry focus..."

• Military - Basic infantry-centric gameplay is backed up/ augmented by an array of military hardware, creating a rich, balanced pool of assets and opportunities for gameplay
  • Game - Fundamentally, it's an authentic 'experience', which engages and rewards players over time, rather than a 'tool' that educates or a 'show' that entertains immediately
  • Infantry focus - Assets and technology promoting, supporting, and balancing diverse infantry-based gameplay are the primary focus

"...Appropriate, useful & engaging elements of simulation..."

• Appropriate - Convincing and believable, obvious and intelligible; 'small', robust systems designed to interact/ combine to produce 'big', authentic gameplay
  • Useful - Features and design components exist to serve and promote a stable platform for unique, diverse gameplay
  • Engaging - Enabling and creating opportunities for fun, meaningful gameplay experiences

"...An accessible platform for a variety of official and community playable and sandbox content..."

• Accessible - Refined controls and animations focused upon fluidity of movement; open architecture enables a diverse ecosystem of modification and customisations
  • Platform - Assets and features are designed to generate an authentic, consistent and balanced pool of content, providing a fertile environment for potential gameplay
  • Variety - Enabling a diversity of official and community content; promoting a distinct range of gamplay

"...Based on the principles of authenticity, diversity and opportunity."

• Authenticity - A game built on simple, logical and, fundamentally, comprehensible design decisions, but with the freedom to generate gameplay of many different styles
  • Diversity - A breadth of experiences derived from the interaction of simple features, mechanics, assets, and environments, but with a focus on refining the infantry experience
  • Opportunity - Potential to create your own content: build your own mod, make your own game; Open mission design: freedom to make tactical decisions, but curated to support new players

TLDR? See my sig. :cool:

Best,

RiE

game is gonna be sick

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

Is game really coming out in march

Asking a question like that on the forums is rather pointless. They won't answer it until there has been an official announcement, and when that happens you will longer need to ask.

I found 2 sources saying its coming out in March, so maybe.

On the other hand it seems unlikely as BIS said that they want release alpha for us to play and give some feedback

The exception here is that it's hardly the first Arma game, so we know that they'll deliver on quality.
I think you're misinterpreting what I meant by 'centric'. It doesn't mean we only deliver an infantry game; rather, it means we pick infantry as a starting point, and everything else we do - helicopters, tanks, UAVs, scuba, whatever - needs to be mindful of this 'core' gameplay. We're simply not a big enough team to do everything to the level of fidelity we'd like, so we need to focus on making a consistent core platform that we, and the community, can build upon.

Just like scrim typed, its not your first game though...

Why don`t you raise the level even higher ?

Even a small team can do miracles if they have a lot of time, no ?

Don`t type me that 12 years is not enough of time... Its just a poor excuse.;)