Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Meatball thank you very much, what a pleasant surprise! I think I'll take the day off work just so I can try this update out!

Thanks to the author and all his fellow helpers. Outstanding job, you should be all proud! Karma will award you, I'm sure ;)

It's been a while. Glad to hear this is back :D

Anyway, just tried it out. No real errors, except 2 minor ones. As regards to the aircraft, only error i get is that somehow the plane's missing a weapon.cfg for a PVS-14 (i'm guessing a config typo), and the marine aviator included in the f-18 zip is missing a texture ("mar_marines/gear/env_land_co", i believe).

Cool. Thanks Meatball.

I can't wait to try this out in my Carrier Operations Campaign.

Thanks for your hard work.

Anyway, just tried it out. No real errors, except 2 minor ones. As regards to the aircraft, only error i get is that somehow the plane's missing a weapon.cfg for a PVS-14 (i'm guessing a config typo), and the marine aviator included in the f-18 zip is missing a texture ("mar_marines/gear/env_land_co", i believe).

I have also experienced this texture error. Additionally, the 2.0 release seems to have removed flares from all aircraft.

Aside from that though, this is a really stunning update. Keep up the great work!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I overlooked that! Thanks for letting me know. Here is an update version of BOTH addons.

UPDATE:

*****REMOVE ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF mar_f18.pbo/fz_f18.pbo/mar_pilot.pbo*****

================

DOWNLOAD

================

mar_2MAW_V2.1

Hi,

I am getting No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses.USNavy' when I go into the editor with this version as with the previous version (I was about to post then I saw your update!).

I can still drop the plane in the editor, but the USNavy option in BluFor is blank!

All dependencies are loaded and up to date.

Hi,

I am getting No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses.USNavy' when I go into the editor with this version as with the previous version (I was about to post then I saw your update!).

I can still drop the plane in the editor, but the USNavy option in BluFor is blank!

All dependencies are loaded and up to date.

I will put that on my fix list... in the meantime you can do two things:

1. Live with the fact that there is no US Navy Faction listing (the vehicles and pilot are still available just click on the blank space)

2. Or you can download JDG_Nimitz_v093.7

Thanks for giving me the heads up!

@Meatball0311 - I am living with it! It's a very nice bird indeed!

New on front page at Armed Assault.info

Link to mirror :

F/A-18 Super Hornet [CO] (v 2.1) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1775

Needed :

GLT Missilebox (v 3.51) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=954&game=1

CBA: Community Base Addons (v 0.7.6) : http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1002&game=1

To everyone.... you're welcome... (lets just get that out of the way). I hope you all enjoy this update. The project was delayed for a short bit but hope it was worth the wait. There were many more things that we wanted to improve on but after the needed break, you all needed to see that the project was still alive and well. Looking forward to hear feedback but keep in mind... this is a living project that does not included every aspect of what we aspire to accomplish.

Thanks again for your patients.

Very nice! I like the updated paint schemes as well. It's nice to have the regular gray VFA-14 aircraft as well as the color, as its a more realistic look (although I'm way more partial to more full-color painted being on the deck like back in the 80s).

Do you have any plans in the near (or distant) future to make E model hornets?

Very nice! I like the updated paint schemes as well. It's nice to have the regular gray VFA-14 aircraft as well as the color, as its a more realistic look (although I'm way more partial to more full-color painted being on the deck like back in the 80s).

Do you have any plans in the near (or distant) future to make E model hornets?

Thanks for the comment.... F/A-18E variant will be done after the F/A-18F variant is completed

Hey Meatball,

I just installed 2.1. Love the bird, but, for some reason or another, I still don't seem to have the ability to deploy flares. Do you think this is an addon conflict problem? Thanks you for your time in advance!

Hey Meatball,

I just installed 2.1. Love the bird, but, for some reason or another, I still don't seem to have the ability to deploy flares. Do you think this is an addon conflict problem? Thanks you for your time in advance!

Hmmmmm.... I will have to put this on my fix list. If you use Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA2

you will have flares.

Hmmmmm.... I will have to put this on my fix list. If you use Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA2

you will have flares.

Ahhh okay. I think version 1.8 had working flares, so maybe there's something that can be re-implemented from that edition? In the meantime, I will give Mando a go. Thank you again for this fantastic addon! :bounce3:

Hi Guys,

Is anyone else seeing the issue where the GPS\INS system is not showing up in the Avionics menu? This function is critical to my campaign, but I can't seem to work out why it is not working. GLT_missilebox wasn't updated to my knowledge, so I am not sure if it is my missions and weapons scripting or the F/A-18 addon causing the problem.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

Hi Guys,

Is anyone else seeing the issue where the GPS\INS system is not showing up in the Avionics menu? This function is critical to my campaign, but I can't seem to work out why it is not working. GLT_missilebox wasn't updated to my knowledge, so I am not sure if it is my missions and weapons scripting or the F/A-18 addon causing the problem.

Thanks

Rough Knight.

I believe I may have removed that.... I will look into it. I have to go and run some errands, so I will check when I get home.

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Rough Knight.

If you choose to use Mando's system (MMA) you will find it under Navigation (weapon) by pressing the Left Windows key. I believe this will serve the same functionality you are lookinf for. "Lemme Know"

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

I believe I may have removed that.... I will look into it. I have to go and run some errands, so I will check when I get home.

Yes, Meatball0311..

we removed it when working on the menu system.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies and more so thanks for your hard work with this addon.

Would your plan be to keep it removed from the "Avionics" or was it an accidiental ommission. There are a lot of weapons in the GLT-Missilebox suite that are dependant on the GPS\INS targeting system i.e: GLT_Moabs,

GLT_GBU39, GLT_GBU53 etc.

I will just have to make MMA an addon requirement if you decide to leave the GPS/INS system out of the Avionics, so I do have aworkaround although it was nice that MMA was optional.

Thanks heaps.

Rough Knight

Hi guys, thanks for the replies and more so thanks for your hard work with this addon.

Would your plan be to keep it removed from the "Avionics" or was it an accidiental ommission. There are a lot of weapons in the GLT-Missilebox suite that are dependant on the GPS\INS targeting system i.e: GLT_Moabs,

I will just have to make MMA an addon requirement if you decide to leave the GPS/INS system out of the Avionics, so I do have aworkaround although it was nice that MMA was optional.

Thanks heaps.

Rough Knight

No problem.. thanks for your support!

I will definitely look into adding it back in.. I think I may have taken it out because it may conflict with MMA. Mandoble, included a waypoint system in his MMA. I understand that GPS/INS system is useful for GLT-Missilebox, so I will be looking into getting it back in.

Thanks heaps.

Rough Knight

Be aware that the GPS/INS System source files aren't included in the F/A-18 but the Missilebox. So even if Meatball decides not to use it on his F/A-18, it wouldn't be "gone for all". The MOAB and other planes using the GPS/INS System will still work. You might verify this by placing a A-10 JDAM or AV-8B JDAM Version which are part of the Missilebox.

Hi Guys,

I will definitely look into adding it back in.. I think I may have taken it out because it may conflict with MMA. Mandoble, included a waypoint system in his MMA. I understand that GPS/INS system is useful for GLT-Missilebox, so I will be looking into getting it back in.

Cool, that is awesome news Meatball. By the way I am getting this error occasionally with the F/A-18, I am not sure if you are aware of it but you get a pop up dialogue that is kind of intrusive when it appears. I am not sure if it is my mission end or your addon related.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.578Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT'.

Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: Error: creating magazine 578Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT with scope=private

Be aware that the GPS/INS System source files aren't included in the F/A-18 but the Missilebox. So even if Meatball decides not to use it on his F/A-18, it wouldn't be "gone for all". The MOAB and other planes using the GPS/INS System will still work. You might verify this by placing a A-10 JDAM or AV-8B JDAM Version which are part of the Missilebox.

Thanks Myke,

Edit: I just saw your message in your Missilebox thread, I will try this workaround which may save me a lot of work writing an onMapSingleclick script. Not too mention the GPS console looks very nice rather than a map that just pops up : ) It sounds like in the long run this won't be an issue anyway as the console may be added back in at some point.

Thanks all

Rough Knight

Edited by Rough Knight

Cool, that is awesome news Meatball. By the way I am getting this error occasionally with the F/A-18, I am not sure if you are aware of it but you get a pop up dialogue that is kind of intrusive when it appears. I am not sure if it is my mission end or your addon related.

Thanks for the heads up!! Will look into it.