Sign in to follow this  
dragon zen

[SP]AdvancingPower - A 4F Dynamic Mission

Hello everybody:

My <AdvancingPower> has been update to version 4.3 (2012.6.15)

If there is no bug, this will be FINAL VERSION!!!

Sorry bro, I forget the ReadMe file who can guide to DIY this mission (e.g. add faction), I'll complete it later.

http://dragonzen.minus.com/ihVx0VX01yRRd.jpg (707 kB)

Description:

Arma is a realistic war game, but I want to provide a mission for entertainment. The major feature of my mission is 4F:

==============

Feature:

1.Furious:

In this mission, your emeny appear in front of you and friends come from behind. Battlefield will move with position of groups, so every meter is valuable.

With new AI script, AI teams will also call support and that make battle more crazy! You can set battlefield smaller (see "Flexible") to enjoy CQB!

2.Flexible:

Firstly, size of battleground, number of groups, time, weather, so many options let you make your own battle. Most of options can be change DURING the game by Radio 0-0-9!

Secondly, system will search exist weapons and vehicle automaticly, so that you can enjoy your downloaded Weapons and Vehicles in this mission! You can replace soldiers and vehicle for AI groups.

3.Fruitful:

Firstly, you can enjoy all kinds of weapons and vehicle. Call several support including Artillery, AH and Satellite...which make the battlefield more colorful.

Secondly, there are 3 SubMissions in this version, in which you can fly AH or Jet or be a sniper. Bullet camera is availiable for SubMissions.

Thirdly, You can act as soldier and give leadership to AI. You can also switch position in Helicopter to enjoy the gunner.

4.Fantastic:

Some supply such as Detection, Teleport and SmokeWall and so on, are not that realistic. And you will also get welfare if you lack of money or scores. All of these are designed for an enjoyful experience!

So, Enjoy the 4F Frontline, and I wait for your feedback!;)

===============

Note:

Please don't add too much troops in the mission, or it will be lag..

Download:

This mission only require Arma2 (so AA2:Free can enjoy this too), and it also suitable for OA and other mods. I put this mission in 7 maps, no matter which map you play, which mod you use, you must have AA2 at least.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11463

===============

ChangeLog:

At the page in armaholic.

===============

THANKS LIST:

Thankslist:

THANK piko, swagger and other friends in bbs.samren.cn: They teach me lots of skill and help me to solve lots of trouble.

THANK thumsonb: His awesome mission Flashpoint:Chernarus give me the basic idea how to create and respown infantry and vehicles, and he allow me to use those codes in his scripts.

THANK Mr.Murray: his handbook for scripts teach me a lot things as I am a new learner.

THANK Chicago: He taught me how to use camera.

THANK Big Dawg KS: He release his bullet camera code.

THANK others for some code: ruebe for selectbestplace; R3 for their cargo drop code.

===============

PS: Coming from China, sorry for my english.

Edited by Dragon Zen
update

This keeps crashing my game...

I'm only running it with a view distance of 2200, textures at normal. Not using ACE either.

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

Love the mission Dragon Zen! Runs great on my PC. I just wanted to ask a couple of questions, can the enemy AI push the frontline (FireCenter) back towards the player's base? I've seen friendly AI push the frontline forward but I'm not sure if enemy AI can do the same. Would be something special if the enemy AI could do that. Also, I wanted to ask as to how I can go about disabling the friendly/enemy jets and choppers? Sometimes I'd like to have a pure ground battle with only infantry and light/heavy vehicles. Great mission, can tell it took a lot of time to develop. Thanks!

I think it's the weather scripts that are causing my game to crash actually..

I've tried playing every map, lowest playable settings and it still crashes for me.

I think it's the weather scripts that are causing my game to crash actually..

I've tried playing every map, lowest playable settings and it still crashes for me.

Have you tried to turn off fast time? 0-0-9 in-game to basic options then time and weather then lastly fast time on/off? Just a guess but maybe that's what your problem may be. I turn that off first thing each time I run the mission.

Update: I also tried to keep the fast time on and CTD'd out of the mission within 2 minutes. Seems fast time should be turned off so crashing doesn't occur, at least in my instance.

Edited by DeltaFiveOne
Bug Update

Another update, this time unfortunate but I'm getting constant CTDs ten minutes into the mission now. I'm guessing that there's just far too many things going on that it crashes the whole sim.

Ah, that may be it...

I looked up and was thinking... wtf is up with these clouds??

I figured it was a problem with the weather scripts..

Update to that post, some issues I've had with your mission:

1. Crash to desktop is obvious, for the most part I can tell this is from the fast time/weather option. With this off I could play Fallujah for actually quite awhile, it was a pretty enjoyable mission.

2. Even with the fast time setting off, I crashed about 10 minutes into the game on Chernarus

3. Can't resupply vehicles unless all of it's weapons are empty, this was the case in the M1A1 I was using, also it won't let you resupply it if you're the driver, gunner, or commander. You have to quickly get out, order someone into it and then repair it as well.

Love the mission Dragon Zen! Runs great on my PC. I just wanted to ask a couple of questions, can the enemy AI push the frontline (FireCenter) back towards the player's base? I've seen friendly AI push the frontline forward but I'm not sure if enemy AI can do the same. Would be something special if the enemy AI could do that. Also, I wanted to ask as to how I can go about disabling the friendly/enemy jets and choppers? Sometimes I'd like to have a pure ground battle with only infantry and light/heavy vehicles. Great mission, can tell it took a lot of time to develop. Thanks!

Thank you, friend.

The enemy AI are also rush to your side, so it is also possible to be push backward. (maybe you always did good job)

jets and chopper, OK, I remember this suggestion, give the on/off of that.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Update to that post, some issues I've had with your mission:

1. Crash to desktop is obvious, for the most part I can tell this is from the fast time/weather option. With this off I could play Fallujah for actually quite awhile, it was a pretty enjoyable mission.

2. Even with the fast time setting off, I crashed about 10 minutes into the game on Chernarus

3. Can't resupply vehicles unless all of it's weapons are empty, this was the case in the M1A1 I was using, also it won't let you resupply it if you're the driver, gunner, or commander. You have to quickly get out, order someone into it and then repair it as well.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Maybe I'm busy in editing, not have long time test. I'll try to check whether it is because the error of script eat the resource.

You can't use supply in vehicle, including repair and so on. However, if you can't resupply at all, even on foot, I'll test it.

Thanks for your feedback.

New version release!!!

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Hi Delta, Thanks for your suggestion. I add more options in my mission, and now you can play the pure infantry battle!

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Hi Delta, Thanks for your suggestion. I add more options in my mission, and now you can play the pure infantry battle!

First link on Armaholic loop back to same page, second mirror link I get:

The requested object or URL was not found on this server.

EDIT: I PM'd foxhound, just downloaded other mods from same second links and all are ok, anyone else?

Edited by mrcash2009

Links fixed, thanks for the headsup.

It was pointing to the wrong folder ;)

Has it been fixed? Thanks.

Some Explore can't open the link from GameFront, that's why I release this yesterday finally...

Thanks Dragon Zen, very cool mission, my only issue is the dialog boxes, sometimes its hard to read against the map bg, but other than that its a really great mission, side missions are well done also :)

my only issue is the dialog boxes, sometimes its hard to read against the map bg

I agree, the initial box with forced map (which you need to place markers) could you make its background solid?

And overall I love this, feels like an MP mission but SP orientated, love the menu's and options style.

New version release!!!

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

No problem Dragon Zen, thanks for the update.

Thanks Dragon Zen, very cool mission, my only issue is the dialog boxes, sometimes its hard to read against the map bg, but other than that its a really great mission, side missions are well done also :)
I agree, the initial box with forced map (which you need to place markers) could you make its background solid?

And overall I love this, feels like an MP mission but SP orientated, love the menu's and options style.

Thanks brothers.

I set it that color in order to let you see the map.

Since so many peaple suggest this issue, I'll change it next time.;)

Thanks for the update, i noticed on Armaholic you had this in your changes

Change the color of the dialog background.
but it still seems transparent and hard to read?

Also for this option

system will search exist weapons and vehicle automaticly, so that you can enjoy your downloaded Weapons and Vehicles in this mission! And if you want, you can change the soldiers and vehicle on battlefield.
do you mean i can add different units from different mods? for example Iranian or PLA mod etc because i could not see them in the list.

Is it possible to create presets, as in the "Mod replacement option > preset groups quick add, i depobed the mission but could not find where i might be able to do this

If i play east and change all units to insurgent my character is still russian, how do i make it insurgent? or it would be great if you can choose your character.

Lastly as Mr Cash mentioned this feels like a MP type game, i fully agree... its a great concept and i cant stop playing it! :D

EDIT* I just realized the first dialog box needs to be transparent so you can set the battlefield radius?

Edited by Katipo66

holy fuck fast and great aktion

thanks very mery much ;)

Dragon Zen, very good mission concept. Seems to work fairly well. I haven't messed with all the options yet but first battle minus vehicles proved to be very good.

One thing I noticed is that the AI seem to be super snipers. Personally I find their skill to be set way too high MAYBE. Will mess around a bit more with it.

Thanks for the update, i noticed on Armaholic you had this in your changes but it still seems transparent and hard to read?

EDIT* I just realized the first dialog box needs to be transparent so you can set the battlefield radius?

I'm sorry for that color, and try to adjust it later. The radius battlefield is set at second dialog (you can call it 0-0-9 during the game). First dialog only decide the radius of rush, if one side push firecenter outside the circle, they win.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

do you mean i can add different units from different mods? for example Iranian or PLA mod etc because i could not see them in the list.

Is it possible to create presets, as in the "Mod replacement option > preset groups quick add, i depobed the mission but could not find where i might be able to do this

If i play east and change all units to insurgent my character is still russian, how do i make it insurgent? or it would be great if you can choose your character.

In this version...you can't change type of yourself, and the soldiers you buy, that's pity. the Mod Replacement is to change the other groups...

Because I add price for each soldiers, I can't give value to units which are auto searched by system (that's why I give "illegal soldiers and vehicle" for same price).

The preset groups quick add can't set by players, these codes are what I write for some popular modules, not searched out automaticly. You can only replace the soldiers one by one if there is not suitable preset group in that page.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Dragon Zen, very good mission concept. Seems to work fairly well. I haven't messed with all the options yet but first battle minus vehicles proved to be very good.

One thing I noticed is that the AI seem to be super snipers. Personally I find their skill to be set way too high MAYBE. Will mess around a bit more with it.

OK, I'll check whether the skill of AI can be changed.

In fact I don't know what is the relationship between so many "AI skill" (in script, in game option...)

I'm sorry for that color, and try to adjust it later. The radius battlefield is set at second dialog (you can call it 0-0-9 during the game). First dialog only decide the radius of rush, if one side push firecenter outside the circle, they win.

Thats ok, not a big problem :)

In this version...you can't change type of yourself, and the soldiers you buy, that's pity. the Mod Replacement is to change the other groups...

Because I add price for each soldiers, I can't give value to units which are auto searched by system (that's why I give "illegal soldiers and vehicle" for same price).

The preset groups quick add can't set by players, these codes are what I write for some popular modules, not searched out automaticly. You can only replace the soldiers one by one if there is not suitable preset group in that page.

I found out how to add other mods from settings/PrepareTeam.sqf/PreListEast=[];PreListWest=[]; and now i can select them in your very cool 'Mod Replacement dialog box' :D

OK, I'll check whether the skill of AI can be changed.

In fact I don't know what is the relationship between so many "AI skill" (in script, in game option...)

@Delta99 are you using any other AI mods? im not finding them to be super snipers as such.

Anyway still loving this mission :yay:

@Delta99 are you using any other AI mods? im not finding them to be super snipers as such.

No other mods at all. Pure vanilla.

I will say that after a couple of more run-throughs they don't seem as "super" as I initially thought. But definitely they are much higher rated in skill than what I normally see in typical missions.