Sign in to follow this  
Rabidus

Detaching parts of a model

I was wondering if it was possable to detach parts of a .p3d from itself .....

Basicly i want to create a bridging vehicle that will animate then detach then be useable like it is a static object .

Any help on this would be great

if its a Stock ArmAII Model thats not In the ArmA Sample Models Pack your Outta Luck...

Their Binarzied so its Un-Editible

But for Mod teams stuff just contact the Devs and For the Stuff in the Sample models Pack just Delete the Section

Pretty sure thats not what hes asking JakeWed

Rab,

No is the basic answer.

But there are ways to simulate a similar result.

examples

- Bridging mech is part of main model, but can be made disappear. When the bridge is layed, the disappear section is replaced with a separate static model in th same place.

- Bridging mech is NOT part of main model, but ATTACHTO the main model at the start. Later you animate the atteched section to "lay", then DETACH the static bridge.

ie, 2 models and a little bit of scripting.

Gnat;1981181']Pretty sure thats not what hes asking JakeWed

Rab' date='

No is the basic answer.

examples

- Bridging mech is part of main model, but can be made disappear. When the bridge is layed, the disappear section is replaced with a separate static model in th same place.

- Bridging mech is NOT part of main model, but ATTACHTO the main model at the start. Later you animate the atteched section to "lay", then DETACH the static bridge.

ie, 2 models and a little bit of scripting.[/quote']

Thanks Gnat .... Just another quick question , could this be done via script to say boom out the bridge in stages (e.g. 3,5,10 mtrs ) then place a diff size bridge? .... so when you move the arm out to 3 mtrs it place's that size bridge and so on?

Umm ... most likely.

Likely very much depends on how much animation goes into the "bridge" model.

..... without understanding the technics of the bridge, cant really advise.

Gnat;1981181']Pretty sure thats not what hes asking JakeWed

Rab' date='

No is the basic answer.

examples

ie, 2 models and a little bit of scripting.[/quote']

we have been working on this for some months now, we think we can do it in 6 moves,for the biber, wolverine or similar style bridging sys, now a titan or old M60 style hinged bridge i am not too sure about, alot more modelling and scripting would have to go into it.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

sorry for this being a little off topic, but it really bothers me how we have so many people working on very similar projects and its like noone seeks out others who are doing proj of the same nature. i and my crew have spent the better half of a year asking and looking for help on certain aspects of this very subject... and it was not until a month ago that i finally found a group who was willing to work with me to achieve the final goal... it really is sad..