Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

A.C.E. Mod for Operation Arrowhead

(Standalone and Combined Ops)

ACE_for_OA_large_large.jpg

acelogo.png

Welcome to the ACE Mod! What is the ACE Mod?

See http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Introduction

Release notes (with Download Links):

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_11

Please note: 1.11 Stable == 1.11 RC4

Questions & Answers site:

http://ace.armastack.info

Bug reports/feedback/suggestions on our issue tracker please:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Thanks to all people involved, enjoy!

Especially to all of you who tested it and reported problems to help us to improve ACE even more!

Follow us on

Wave / Steam / Twitter for realtime updates and important announcements.

BIS-CommAward09-Medail-ACE-small.png

Thanks Miller!

You're missing a vital component btw; @CBA!

(CBA_OA is a supplemental addon required by OA Standalone users).

Thanks Miller!

You're missing a vital component btw; @CBA!

(CBA_OA is a supplemental addon required by OA Standalone users).

Ups, Is @CBA for A2 and CO user ? :)

@CBA for everyone. Also @CBA_OA if you only have OA or @CBA_A2 if you only have A2.

@CBA for everyone. Also @CBA_OA if you only have OA or @CBA_A2 if you only have A2.

Ah OK and @CBA_A2 is only the old version v0.7.3, if I have only ArmA 2 ?

We need 3 downloads: ?

@CBA v0.7.5.160 for CO

@CBA_OA v0.7.0.4 for only OA

@CBA_A2 v0.7.3 for only A2

:confused:

Edited by Miller

This'll tell the tale I hope :P

What do I need?

===============

* You should always install the @CBA mod folder by copying it to your ArmA II installation

folder.

* If you have a "merged" or "seperate", Combined Operations installation with both the old ArmA II

content and the new Arrowhead expansion, you're done - you only need the @CBA mod folder.

* If you only have a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation, you need both the @CBA and the @CBA_OA folders loaded.

* If you only have the older ArmA II installed, you need both the @CBA and the @CBA_A2 folders loaded.

Example startup parameters

==========================

For Combined Operations (ArmA II and Arrowhead launched together):

-mod=@CBA

For a standalone Operation Arrowhead:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA

For ArmA II only (people without Arrowhead):

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2

CBA_OA and A2 only contain some classes that are missing from those editions of arma2, to be able to have all actual CBA functionality inside a single modfolder (@CBA), equal for each game edition :)

This is why they haven't changed for a long time; it's seldom that new classes get added for which we need to apply this approach.

Edited by Sickboy

•3d Scope effect & Reticle system

This sounds great but i'm not seeing it - certain scopes or all? Looked in ACE feature but didn't see anything.

This sounds great but i'm not seeing it - certain scopes or all? Looked in ACE feature but didn't see anything.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Adjustable_Reticles

See howto :)

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

Thx Sickboy, ;)

Sorry was busy last hours.

My post updated

greetz Miller :)

No worries, and thanks for mirroring!

This is AWESOME!

But I have one slight problem with the Russian units, whenever I select it it says cannot find "ace_RUairD" or something like that. Likewise, the Desert Air Vehicles section appears blank.

Grats on the release guys! I was looking for some mid-week goodness :cool:

This is AWESOME!

But I have one slight problem with the Russian units, whenever I select it it says cannot find "ace_RUairD" or something like that. Likewise, the Desert Air Vehicles section appears blank.

We cannot reproduce the issue. Please post your rpt file and details to the issue tracker; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Also from the previous topic

never use both cba´s. if you have combined operations than use @cba. @cba_a2 if you have only arma 2 and so on...

But

C:\ARMA\arma2.exe -nosplaszh -noPause -window -mod=@CBA_A2;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM

gives me an error

Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.

When I run both CBA_A2 and CBA it works fine. Again - a clean install of sprocket vanilla ArmA 2 (already at v.1.10).

BTW, the previous problem I was getting - it was due to page file size being too low (~600 MB). Now I use 2048.

I never said use both:

As SB posted earlier though:

• CO = CBA
  • A2 ONLY = CBA + CBA_A2
  • OA ONLY = CBA + CBA_OA

Anyway, Six Updater will figure it out for you anyway so no worries.

However, if you have Steam A2/OA and SU doesn't try to install ACE properly start A2 on it's own via Steam once. Close it. Then start OA via Steam once on it's own and close it. Then try Six Updater again. That should register the file paths in the registry and all will be good.

I never said use both

That's the problem! :)

@CBA_A2;@CBA works for me

@CBA_A2 don't (see post #21 for specifics)

Aah, the SU. It's the second day since I bought ArmA 2 and I haven't played a single mission, so... ;) Insufficient info on some aspects played it's small part as well.

I was messing around with the editor, then when I finish some test I decide to shoot all my team mates, and suddenly my char start to make hand signals, "GO" handsignal to be exactly. is this an ACE feature? or maybe Zeus AI? just wondering

I was messing around with the editor, then when I finish some test I decide to shoot all my team mates, and suddenly my char start to make hand signals, "GO" handsignal to be exactly. is this an ACE feature? or maybe Zeus AI? just wondering

It's the new mouse gestures feature in ACE. Press TAB key and you can use mouse gestures.

If you want to have some graphical feedback what mouse gestures are available then set "Enable Mousegesture Background:" to "Yes" in ACE Options.

It works the following way, like already mentioned, press TAB key, do some mouse gesture and if you are done, release the TAB key.

Xeno