Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Meaning of yellow and raid chain symbol?

What exactly do the yellow and red chain symbol in MP in the lower right corner of the screen mean?

Edited by RogueTrooper

Desync.

You can press "P" and select yourself in the list to see the actual value you currently have.

I think 5,000 - 19,999 is Yellow Chain and 20,000 - 100,000 is Red Chain (correct me if I'm wrong)

Does it indicate that there is desync 'somewhere around' or that I am de-synced? I also see that symbol when I am hosting a non-dedicated server (which I shouldn't be desync'ed to...).

And 5000 of what? :o

Yellow is essentially just a lag varning.

Red is complete desync - you're not getting any info from the server and everything will rubberband once it syncs.

With red for example, you can be upside down in a transport helo in the middle of a church, only to fly 2km away the next second.

Are there any ways on our side that we can reduce the chance of Desync?

Are there any ways on our side that we can reduce the chance of Desync?

Higher amount of bandwidth available. I've found at the points where my connection is slow (for whatever reason), I'll have a higher ping and a higher amount of desync.

all hail the "1 mandatory spelling mistake in the title" rule :p sorry for o/t.

Raid Chain :)

When that appears, it means you have to go raid the enemy positions.

/thread

What would be great is a tool that stresses servers and gives you the optimum values for the config, based on processor/RAM/internet connection upload and download.

Hmmm perhaps I'll post this in the 'pwease make me a wittle addon' section.

Speaking of red/yellow chains, what's the difference between a normal chain and a broken chain?

(And please don't answer "one is broken, the other is not". :p)

Well, 10/1mbit line is usually suitable only for up to 5 folks. Any more people and you're quickly talking about 2-10+ upload in order to be able to enjoy the game. If CPU doesn't handle the mission AI can get pretty dumb/numb, too.

Speaking of red/yellow chains, what's the difference between a normal chain and a broken chain?

(And please don't answer "one is broken, the other is not". :p)

I think that the non broken one means that the connection is just harshing, while the broken one means the connection is interrupted and it's not currently updating positions.

What would be great is a tool that stresses servers and gives you the optimum values for the config, based on processor/RAM/internet connection upload and download.

Hmmm perhaps I'll post this in the 'pwease make me a wittle addon' section.

Dam thats a good idea, pm me when its done ;)

I was curious as well MadDogX.

There are four types of chains:

Orange Chain

Broken Orange Chain

Red Chain (Really bad desync)

Broken Red Chain (I believe this is complete disconnection from server)

Not sure about the orange chains though, would be nice if an employee from BI could help us out here.

Dice, it's the other way around. Red chain is complete disconnection, broken red chain is just really bad desync.