Sign in to follow this  
lennard

O2 Problem : edges

Hi guys,

I've been modelling a lot more lately and stumbled upon a very annoying problem: O2 sometimes forgets to render some edges.

Pic:

o2problem.th.png

right upper corner shows how it should look like.

Normally when you would do all your modelling, mapping etc. in O2 it wouldn't be much of a problem, but since I use 3ds Max for mapping it is.

Max doesn't seem to see the edges so I can't draw my maps seams.

I had it in both the previous and the current versions of O2. And tried a lot already to get rid of it, but nothing has helped so far.

I don't feel like uv mapping in O2 yet so anyone who can help me out to solve this?

Are you sure this is not just a viewport rendering problem? i.e. the edge is still there as it should be just not displaying right under certain view angle/zoom level?

Switch to DX rendermode to see if the problem is real or just visually as SA said.

Are you sure this is not just a viewport rendering problem? i.e. the edge is still there as it should be just not displaying right under certain view angle/zoom level?

No i'm not sure. But it is showing up in the Direct3D mode. And with Direct3D "off" it doesn't show up at any angle.

Discussed it with Da12thMonkey a few days ago and he had it too.

yeh im pretty sure I have it too. But don't worry, its just visual, technically the edge is still there and should not hamper your uvmaps :)

yeh im pretty sure I have it too. But don't worry, its just visual, technically the edge is still there and should not hamper your uvmaps :)

Well that wasn't really my worry anyway. It is more like when I import my model to 3ds Max to map it, it doesn't read the edges.

So when I wan't to draw my seam over that edge, I simply can't select it. and it will find it's own path.

The pic below shows an arm model for Bink's USMC in 3ds max which had the same problem:

edgeproblem2.th.png

right upper corner shows what it should look like

You can see the blue seams can't go over the edge.

Thanks for your fast replies guys :)

can you make the same screen but with wireframe turned on in the shaded viewport?

can you make the same screen but with wireframe turned on in the shaded viewport?

Bit strange, I got the model uv mapped now and the problem doesn't seem to appear anymore.. (The one in the first pic. the other was fixed some time ago already)

But it is an annoying problem still. I don't really have a way to work around it yet.

Edited by Lennard