Sign in to follow this  
Sekra

Army hero's shock as he is used in.. ARMA!

Just out of curiosity, I cannot find this person in the game although I have not even played the single player stuff. Has anyone seen this person as a character in the game or might they be mixing it up in a user made mission?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/07/03/army-hero-s-shock-as-he-is-used-in-computer-war-game-115875-23242707/

The person in game is Frost from the BAF and PMC campaign's by the looks of it

Edited by ArmAriffic

It's most likely just crappy journalism. There is no mention of this guy in the official ARMA 2 Reinforcements content.

There is no mention of this guy in the official ARMA 2 Reinforcements content.
You mean that shoot-em-up game?
just crappy journalism
after all.

I wonder tho, why won't BIS sue these guys for false accusations? :)

I work with somebody called "Andy Harrison" it may be him

He should sue You for using his name on the internets.

It's not at all like a British tabloid to print utter bull. Oh wait...

It's not at all like a British tabloid to print utter bull. Oh wait...

Ah dont be silly the mirror is the pinical journalism :p

think they might have been misinformed, the mod that is, not the paper, there always misinformed

Edited by Jeza

There's an "Army source," guys. I thought the Mirror was a Fox News sort of tabloid, not a literal tabloid. They can't make quotes up.

If you have ever read the articles by Mike Hamilton then you'd know how stupid this is, the Mirror is also very fond of "Sell your Story" to keep a constant flow of BS heading their way. As a journalist I've been taught to very much dislike papers like the Mirror...

And for what it's worth, it really is a load of BS...

There's an "Army source," guys. I thought the Mirror was a Fox News sort of tabloid, not a literal tabloid. They can't make quotes up.

The Mirror is what is known as a "Red Top" newspaper. To quote Wiki on it:

Collectively called the "tabloid press", tabloid newspapers in Britain tend to be simply and sensationally written, and to give more prominence than broadsheets to celebrities, sports, crime stories and even hoaxes

Although it's a bit of an opinionated statement by whoever wrote it, the point stands.If you ask people I'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 will tell you what you read in the Mirror is made up.

EDIT: In fact wasn't it the Mirror that ran with a story saying a WW2 bomber was found on the moon? (Or was that the Sunday Sport?)

Edited by STALKERGB

He should sue You for using his name on the internets.

Why does he have a court order forbidding the use of the name, or maybe he's got a copywright on it, and which one of the 32 with that name live within 50 miles of me according to public records and should he sue them :D

The point is don't believe anything in the british daily tabloids, Here is some of crap printed in the tabloids

World War 2 Bomber Found on Moon, 14 August 1988.

World War 2 Bomber Found on Moon Vanishes, 21 August 1988.

Bus Found Buried At South Pole, 12 February 1989.

Aliens Turned Our Son Into A Fish Finger, 1996.

Donkey Robs Bank, 14 July 1996.

Marilyn Monroe is Alive & Working as a Nanny, 26 January 1998.

Woman Gives Birth To 8lb Duck, 30 June 1990.

Statue of Elvis found on Mars, 1 October 1989. :yay::yay::yay:

Ironically, the Mirror website probably hasn't got permission to use the picture of Andy Harrison in the article.

EDIT: Just looked at one of their articles from a few days ago: "Tsunami strikes UK's South West coast" ... *Sigh*

Edited by STALKERGB

What ever happened to legitimate tributes? This man is a hero. Did the real life Snake Plissken sue New York for using his name and likeness in their 1981 documentary about life in the city? The answer is no!

What ever happened to legitimate tributes? This man is a hero. Did the real life Snake Plissken sue New York for using his name and likeness in their 1981 documentary about life in the city? The answer is no!

Did Kojima refer to this on purpose or is it just an incredibly awesome co-incidence?

No, Solid Snake's name was inspired by Snake Plisskin. His appearance on the NES cartridge is basically Michael Bien, and his appearance since then as a young man was based on Christopher Walken. As an old man, his appearance is based on Lee Van Cleef. He was intended to be a bit of a spoof on action heros.

I dont recall an Andy Harrison.

That's because according to a Creative Lead at BIS, there isn't one. So no tribute this time around unfortunately.

Just looked at one of their articles from a few days ago: "Tsunami strikes UK's South West coast" ... *Sigh*

Ha, point superbly proven.

Edited by Daniel

Hi all

First up I have found no reference to the person named by the News papers in BIS's game. So unless this reporter can come up with proof the reporter is up S**t Creek without a paddle, as are the news paper and its website providers.

Actually BIS can sue and also report the reporter to the Police under the "Malicious Communications Act" and have him arrested which is FREE!

As per this case:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/jul/03/britains-got-talent-blogger-cautioned

And the MOD and the person named can also sue the Newspaper, which should be good for a bit of extra pension for the Hero.

I wonder who the source was, a rival firm perhaps? If so BIS and the MOD can also probably pursue a case for interfering in a contractual relationship.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Irish author & dramatist (1923 - 1964)[/i]]There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary.

Quoted for truth.

There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary.

Quoted for truth.

Hi all

Quoting Tankbuster

Originally Posted by Brendan Behan. [i

Irish author & dramatist (1923 - 1964)[/i]]There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary.

So bringing a court case against them and getting the Reporter arrested, under the "Malicious Communications Act", would be excelent publicity!

Kind Regards walker

Absolutely. It'd be a victory for BIS and honest journalism.

(mine) Thumbs up for court case against assholes.