Sign in to follow this  
Sekra

Army hero's shock as he is used in.. ARMA!

Hi all

First up I have found no reference to the person named by the News papers in BIS's game. So unless this reporter can come up with proof the reporter is up S**t Creek without a paddle, as are the news paper and its website providers.

Actually BIS can sue and also report the reporter to the Police under the "Malicious Communications Act" and have him arrested which is FREE!

As per this case:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/jul/03/britains-got-talent-blogger-cautioned

And the MOD and the person named can also sue the Newspaper, which should be good for a bit of extra pension for the Hero.

I wonder who the source was, a rival firm perhaps? If so BIS and the MOD can also probably pursue a case for interfering in a contractual relationship.

Kind Regards walker

Papers such as the Mirror and The Sun will have a "Lawsuit fund" in place because they know they are gonna end up in court over the stuff they write now and then. In fact, quite often the decision to publish a story will take into account how much in legal fees (balanced against extra sales) a story will cost them.

Normally with any form of mis-reporting (such as this), it's normally a published correction (not always an apology though) rather than anyone getting arrested or going to jail over it.

Edited by STALKERGB

My father in law reads nothing but the Mirror and I can testify that he is utterly ignorant and the biggest moron I know. The stories run by the Mirror are so full of holes you couldn't use the rag for toilet paper.

My favourite recent story on their website was about UK Apaches being sent to Libya armed with 2000lb Paveway III bunker busting bombs. Anyone seen an Apache with a 2000lb bomb on it recently? Fly well did it?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/30/boy-soldiers-forced-to-fight-for-gaddafi-face-brunt-of-apache-attack-115875-23166192/

See the name of the journalist? Ruth Sherlock (no shit?)

Same nonsense from Russia Today:

They are very, very left wing, anti war etc etc and published fake photos during the 2003 invasion of Iraq. The photos showed British troops mistreating prisoners but were found to have been filmed in the UK using old army surplus equipment, vehicles and plastic guns. The editor at the time - Piers Morgan was dismissed from his job.

He published the photos without checking their credibility and with no thought of the harm it could do. It's amazing how Pierce Moron has since resurfaced. No dirt seems to stick to these people. Never mind - I'm here to sling it.

RussiaToday essentially takes the stupidest shit it can find in Western media and then repackages it as authentic anti-establishment wisdom. Plus some plugs for United Russia.

Hi all

RussiaToday seems to the Russian equivalent of Fox News or the Daily Mail.

There is probably a Chinese equivalent.

Kind Regards walker

The difference is that RussiaToday is fully aware of the existence of Fox News and its strategy. RussiaToday will take stories and conspiracy theories from Western fringe media and present it as the truth that is known by real Americans who disbelieve official propaganda. They teach the controversy with no regard for responsible reporting and no attempt to hide their bias. It seems like the channel is aimed at foreign viewers of shitty news, trying to make their governments look bad by offering even shittier news.

hey hey hey! this topic is about this certain piece of news, if you guys got interest in comparing news agencies, make a new thread for it please!

hey hey hey! this topic is about this certain piece of news, if you guys got interest in comparing news agencies, make a new thread for it please!

You mean "news"

Why does he have a court order forbidding the use of the name, or maybe he's got a copywright on it, and which one of the 32 with that name live within 50 miles of me according to public records and should he sue them :D

The point is don't believe anything in the british daily tabloids, Here is some of crap printed in the tabloids

World War 2 Bomber Found on Moon, 14 August 1988.

World War 2 Bomber Found on Moon Vanishes, 21 August 1988.

Bus Found Buried At South Pole, 12 February 1989.

Aliens Turned Our Son Into A Fish Finger, 1996.

Donkey Robs Bank, 14 July 1996.

Marilyn Monroe is Alive & Working as a Nanny, 26 January 1998.

Woman Gives Birth To 8lb Duck, 30 June 1990.

Statue of Elvis found on Mars, 1 October 1989. :yay::yay::yay:

I lol'd hard. Thank you, you made my day.

Hi all

The case that the Mirror does not check its facts is somewhat small beer; when compared to the Attitude of the Murdoch owned media in this country, particularly with regard to the Milly Dowler murder hacking case and now with the Police also investigating them with regard to the Soham Murders.

Walker

Hi all

Just a pointer as to why Brendan Behan' famous quote:

Originally Posted by Brendan Behan.

Irish author & dramatist (1923 - 1964)]There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary.

may now need the caveat unless you are the conventional Media:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14029033

This could well be the first case of a media giant taken down by the people. Seems that the Wikileak method that spawned the Arab Spring has now turned its spotlight on the one group that society considers more corrupt than politicians.

Kind Regards walker

My favourite recent story on their website was about UK Apaches being sent to Libya armed with 2000lb Paveway III bunker busting bombs. Anyone seen an Apache with a 2000lb bomb on it recently? Fly well did it?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/05/30/boy-soldiers-forced-to-fight-for-gaddafi-face-brunt-of-apache-attack-115875-23166192/

Pfffffttt AHAHAHAHah..oh that is taking quite the piss as they say.. still it is rather disturbing to know there are people out there that believe the bull these types of journalists create.

Edited by NodUnit

Hi all

On the corruption of the UK press.

This debate in particular what Tom Watson MP (Tom Watson (Lab, West Bromwich East)) had to say is very relevant.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=8700

The degree to which members of the police force were corrupted is also being questioned as are News International's influence on members of parliament.

The lack of professionalism within the media here in the UK is clearly an endemic problem.

The phone hacking appears to involve familiy of victims of 9/11, the Soham Murders, the McCann family. It also includes accusations of interfering with justice and attempts by the staff of News International to destroy evidense.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Walker please. Stop posting that stuff on this thread.