Sign in to follow this  
habnor

Since installing Take on Helicopter Community Preview, can't load Arma 2: OA etc

I get the error compiling pixelshader PSSSSMSpecularAlpha:1 and then CTD

Researched this error, problem existed long ago and unrelated, so starting a new thread.

Take on Helicopters beta preview works fine.. I have Arma 2 Free installed and it works fine... Just my Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, (also booting as PMC) is getting this problem now, and it worked fine yesterday before installing the helicopter community preview...

Not sure what to try???

(also booting as PMC)

Does that mean you using the PMC shortcut or running the game with PMC?

Somewhat a fix, works so far for me anyhow..

I started Take On Helicopter community preview, when into options and changed character to another player that was defined but not used in Take on Helicopter... Then closed down game and restarted Arma 2: OA normally and it booted... I then went into options and chose my main character and voila, back to playing Arma 2.. The ToH:CP must do something to a player config file that causes a problem.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Does that mean you using the PMC shortcut or running the game with PMC?

Forgot to mention I am running Arma: OA on steam and have PMC as a separate DLC purchase and use that launch from steam.

But a fix is posted above for those peeping in...