Sign in to follow this  
iloveyanks

British army

Why doesn't someone replace the s**** abrams with the Challenger 1 or 2, the yanks copied it-the turret and locking traverse and the choblam armour. Then get rid of the overated bradley with the Warrior IFV which is far better. Then get rid of the humvee's and stick in some stripped down 110 landies for a laugh ( the rangers are now using these instead of hummers) and some well trained british soldiers who think for themselves unlike to gun-ho jackasses that are the US army. And while i'm on the subject the british soldiers would be able to go for 20 metres without lung failure unlike to yanks in the game. Oh and to remind ourselves of the old days put the battle field taxi in (the FV432) for a laugh and watch the REME blokes huddle round them.

I agree.

Why do us Brits have to play yanks in all the games. someone should at leased make a Brithish MOD for us.

i would prefer to see qaulity British forces in opf.

You said:

i would prefer to see qaulity British forces in opf.

The reason this does not exist is simple. BIS has stated that they wanted to make this game as realistic as possible. Introducing a thing called Quality British Forces is ficticious. Maybe they could come up with some British Soldiers who could cater to the far superior American Force i.e. Serve us up some fish and chips with a pint of ale to wash it down.

The one thing you Brits can be counted on, its to remind me why we kicked you out in the first place... you talk a lot of s**t smile.gif

ah your all euro wannabies anyway-hence italian american, french american and black american. Your all just looking for some culture, and as far as it goes ladies i've trained with your lads a couple of times AND it has to be said there is an air of mutual respect. The yanks say "jesus you boys are good, you'll come back soon right" and we say "yeah sure, i need to nick more doss bags etc". That is true, otherwise why would the US marines regulary ask for a small force of British Royal marine commandos to play enemy against a huge force of US marines (i do take the critism that the marine like to shoot thier own blokes so making the RMC's task easier).

You dont make sense kegstand, how can BIS make a ficticious game as realistic as possible? I think you need to get out more as operation flashpoint is not based on a real war.

The reason why you think your forces are 'great' is because they wont admit defeat.

Places like Veitnam and Somalia come to mind and isnt it amazing how your "exelent" forces killed 35 of there own troops in the gulf out of the 150 killed. Now somehow I dont think that sounds too good to me. Have you ever won a war on your own?

and you brits , have you ever won a war of your own ?(i'm talking about offensive action , you are very good to defend your small island )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from ran on 9:26 pm on Dec. 4, 2001

and you brits , have you ever won a war of your own ?(i'm talking about offensive action , you are very good to defend your small island )

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, they beat the poor scots and irish up a lot

and also the falklands, that was an offensive action since it had been surrendered to the argentinians and was thus hostile territory

also a s**tload of others

OR you can just find a somebody who knows how to make skins and ask him nice and maybe he would make you a mod to play as british soldiers wink.gif

Oh man, it must be by accident we once own a third of the land mass of the earth, we must be able to defend excellently, your only jelous of culture, something being half scot i can say being part of the United kingdom brought up here. Oh by the way ladies Britain has England, Scotland, northern ireland and unfortuantly wales in it. And there is no poor in scotland the brave, arse bandit

Quote: from madmike on 9:19 pm on Dec. 4, 2001

You dont make sense kegstand, how can BIS make a ficticious game as realistic as possible?  Anyone else confused here?

I think you need to get out more as operation flashpoint is not based on a real war.  

No, not based on a real war but during a very real period.  As far as getting out more, in what way does that support your argument?

The reason why you think your forces are 'great' is because they wont admit defeat.   Places like Veitnam and Somalia come to mind

Defeat?  Before you start to comment on the our involvement in Vietnam and Somalia you might want to do a little research on the subjects.

and isnt it amazing how your "exelent"  forces killed 35 of there own troops in the gulf out of the 150 killed. Oh great american history buff, would you be so kind as to post your source(s) for this satistic?

Now somehow I dont think that sounds too good to me. Have you ever won a war on your own?  No.  How many wars have you won by yourself in the past 300 years?  We are normally too busy helping others fight there wars. smile.gif

(Edited by Kegstand at 9:51 pm on Dec. 4, 2001)

weve won loads of wars on our own. The ownly one i can think of that we lost was against the Zulus in Africa which was a long time ago in a.................place called africa....................

we also owned most of the world until we gave it back throughout the last century(were too nice to you).

America hasnt realy had an army for that long has it guyz? America hasnt realy been independant for that long has it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from haveagohero on 9:40 pm on Dec. 4, 2001

Oh man, it must be by accident we once own a third of the land mass of the earth, we must be able to defend excellently, your only jelous of culture, something being half scot i can say being part of the United kingdom brought up here. Oh by the way ladies Britain has England, Scotland, northern ireland and unfortuantly wales in it. And there is no poor in scotland the brave, arse bandit

<span id='postcolor'>

get tae fook, half-breed tounge.gif

I am wholly Scottish and I'll call my country what I want

Aye well the other halfs goerdie so i'm probably harder than you full breed f**k

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from madmike on 9:47 pm on Dec. 4, 2001

weve won loads of wars on our own. The ownly one i can think of that we lost was against the Zulus in Africa which was a long time ago in a.................place called africa....................

we also owned most of the world until we gave it back throughout the last century(were too nice to you).

America hasnt realy had an army for that long has it guyz? America hasnt realy been independant for that long has it?

<span id='postcolor'>

I remember that, they actually made a movie about it. They kept coming and coming at you. They never gave up. Just like America, when we are united as one (the whole country stands behind our leaders) we will never be defeated.

Little history lesson for you. America has been independent since 1776 when we kicked the snot out of the tyrannists and claimed our country as our own. I see a striking resemblance to us and the Zulu's. Try to remove or control our part of the world and suffer the consequences

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from haveagohero on 9:52 pm on Dec. 4, 2001

Aye well the other halfs goerdie so i'm probably harder than you full breed f**k

<span id='postcolor'>

You must have one #### of a f**ked up accent

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Kegstand on 9:59 pm on Dec. 4, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from madmike on 9:47 pm on Dec. 4, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

I remember that, they actually made a movie about it.  They kept coming and coming at you.  They never gave up.  Just like America, when we are united as one (the whole country stands behind our leaders)  we will never be defeated.  

Little history lesson for you.  America has been independent since 1776 when we kicked the snot out of the tyrannists and claimed our country as our own.  I see a striking resemblance to us and the Zulu's.  Try to remove or control our part of the world and suffer the consequences

<span id='postcolor'>

No, you kicked the snot out of the indigenous American Indians and f**ked them over until there are hardly any left is what you did, pal....and if you've been independent from anything at all it certainly ain't ignorance....

edit - and you certainly aren't in any position to call US tyrannists.... look at you talking about 'your' country....

anyway, in a coupla thousand years you'll all look like injuns anyway

(Edited by GFX707 at 10:10 pm on Dec. 4, 2001)

Im dutch and i think the european union sucks and the us sucks partly(just some states mainly in the bible belt) so im all for the US of A. Blow it up ur bummhole France ..... corrupt cowardly thieves. The british though have very funny enormous glasses which make me laugh and the germans are very good at being ok ppl. (WW2 were different germans)

No, you kicked the snot out of the indigenous American Indians and f**ked them over until there are hardly any left is what you did, pal....and if you've been independent from anything at all it certainly ain't ignorance....

edit - and you certainly aren't in any position to call US tyrannists.... look at you talking about 'your' country....

anyway, in a coupla thousand years you'll all look like injuns anyway

(Edited by GFX707 at 10:10 pm on Dec. 4, 2001)

I am well aware what the U.S did to the Indians. Seems The Brits had a history of doing that as well. Which would explain where we had gotten the ideals. It took the U.S. many years to rid itself of those bad genes and start to make right the wronging that was placed on the American Indian.

naah,GFX,they raped us for 700 years and we kicked them out in 1922. beaten by a country of 2 million.what pussies.

and would ye all stop gobbing off about the great british army.please.how's it better than any other european army? jeez,most of ye have probably never even used a mil. firearm before.so what the f**k do you know.

How hard is it for a province of another country to achieve state hood in the US? we, in friesland, got all the things americans like in the netherlands. Pretty old churches, windmills, quirky little towns with canals and eath defense works around it. I wouldnt mind being a US citizen. I am over 21 so id still get to drink beer and i dont do softdrugs so im all for it. "this has been another great idea from supah" thank u all

im not saying that other european armies arnt good its just all the military games always have US forces and weapons on them.

I want something different.

Some european countries have exelent armies such as Germany, Denmark and Sweden.

The problem is that people with no military experience seem to think the US forces are the best which is far from the case.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from madmike on 10:41 pm on Dec. 4, 2001

im not saying that other european armies arnt good its just all the military games always have US forces and weapons on them.

I want something different.

Some european countries have exelent armies such as Germany, Denmark and Sweden.

The problem is that people with no military experience seem to think the US forces are the best which is far from the case.<span id='postcolor'>

The U.S. Forces certainly have their downfalls. For example, they certainly are not the best at lining up all their soldiers side by side. wink.gif

and the US army's skills at running for the channel suck almightely..... hard worth the term fighting force if u cant even run like cowards :biggrin: