Sign in to follow this  
cyclone83

Successfully completing an obstacle course

Hi guys,

I've build an obstacle course in a mission that has to be successfully completed in 30 seconds by the player. If he does so, his next WP shell be available. If he fails, he shell try again untill he gets it.

I tried several methods with triggers synchronized to WPs but it just doesn't seem to work :(

Please can someone help me on that, I'm sitting on this for months up to now :j:

Thx

maybe use the showWaypoint command.

place this in init of player wich have some waypoints assigned as normal.

{[(group this), _x] showWaypoint "NEVER"} foreach (wayPoints (group this));

now if you have a trigger at the goal area, then synch that to the unit and in on act:

{[(group nameOfUnit), _x] showWaypoint "ALWAYS"} foreach (wayPoints (group nameOfUnit));

waypoints will always be there but will only show when reaching trigger, and in condition of trigger use:

this AND time == 30

this is ofc if timer should start at mission start else set a variable to when player starts the timer, for example in a start area trigger synched to unit:

TimerSet = time;

and the goal area condition is:

this AND time <= (TimerSet + 30)

Edited by Demonized

Hm, actually the waypoints shouldn't be hidden. When the player starts the course he is forced to the track's end by a waypoint. As he reaches this waypoint, he's forced to the start/finish by another waypoint. If he reaches that one within 30 seconds the next WP out of the course shell be "activated" or given free. If the player takes more then 30 secs, he must do the course again. It should be a kind of WP cycle but I don't know how to get that managed at all.

you can hide individual waypoints by using the above command, look at link for more info.

or you can create waypoints on the go with addWaypoint