[CO 36] BattleZone DeathMatch

BattleZone DeathMatch

---------------------

THIS IS A (DEMO) BETA MISSION.

LAST UPDATED to -- Ver 1.01 -- 30/6/2011

Tested on a dedicated server.

2 - 36 Player Team Death Match

Im realeasing this as a Demo with some AI on the map as a testing feature

if you wish to Port it to a different MAP "Feel free to do so" just remove all the NON Playerable AI .

In the init.sqf change the --- HuntDistance = 3000; --- to the radius of your mission area

and move the Server logic to the center of the mission area.

IF THERE IS A INTEREST IN THIS TYPE OF MISSION I WILL KEEP UPDATING IT.

All sugestions will be looked into.

In this mission the objective is to capture all the Containers on the Map

Each Container is a BASE from which you make your defences and attack forces

you can load your Container on to a truck and move it around the map.

You MUST have a truck from your side to pickup a Container.

You can set how many Containers each side starts with , From 1 to 4.

what factions "a choice of 2 per side" for the 3 sides.

What size your BASE area is for building.

Time of day

ViewDistance

Grass options

Respawn Time

and amount of vehicles per type

This is done in the Params at mission start.

When you deploy your Container off of the truck you can start to set up your BASE.

It only takes a few minutes to set your BASE up.

As many players can work from the same Container at once from either the Container or RemoteLink

When you Packup your Container your BASE will be cleaned and you have to start again.

First you MUST make a Hospital -- This is so you can Respawn back at your or any other

BASE on your side that has a Hospital.

Then you MUST make a Building to then allow you to make that type of vehicle.

you have a limit of how many vehicles of a type you can have from each BASE. "Set in the Params"

All vehicles are created empty so you have to make a Barracks, then make Soldiers next to the empty vehicle

they will get in the vehicle themselves.

As you move your build curser over objects you get menu options in the bottom right of your screen

once your soldiers are in the vehicle you have the option to join them to your group or unjoin them

if they are joined to your group.

There is a HUNT option -- "This is similar to GroupLink", The AI will Fly, Drive, Walk randomly

around the mission area looking for enemy and will update markers on the map of the enemys last known position

also they call for support from other hunting vehicles whether they are from your BASE or not.

This helps in finding the enemy bases "when i have markers fixed you will need this option".

This is all done by the KnownEnemy , So it is hard for planes to spot troops , and you can Hide.

There is a Remote Link -- This allows you to build items and vehicles from anywhere in the mission area

as long as your UAVterminal is alive.

There is a Reccall Hunters option -- This allows you to call all your hunting vehicles back to your BASE,

Planes will go to the closest Airport, Land, Rearm, Refuel & Repair then takeoff and hunt again. "Added this as planes try to take off as soon as they have a Pilot",

All other vehicles will go back to where you made them if your BASE is still there, If Not they will go to your BASE Container.

Then Rearm , Refuel & Repair and be ready to be told to HUNT again.

As BASE buildings that are destroyed you will loose the option to build that type of vehicle until

you have rebuilt the building. If you loose your Hospital all BASE buildings will become VOID until

the Hospital is rebuilt.

as you build the buildings needed to build vehicles you will get ICONS on your right upper corner of your

screen, as they are destroyed they will disappear, if they go RED your Hospital is destroyed.

All the Players using that Container will have the same ICONS and they will change depending on what is made and if you use a different Container.

REVIVE-RESPAWN

--------------

READ THE HELP "Button in the Respawn Menu",

To Respawn Click on any base that is your colour on the Mini Map.

Blue = West

Red = East

Green = Resietance

You will then Spawn at a Hospital in that base.

You can Revive Players if they are Knocked Out and Heal them if they can not walk.

AI can Revive Players also.

You can change your Weapons Layout,

Change the view to other units on your side

Change the Camera Views

UPDATES

Ver 1.01 -- 30/6/2011

------------

Changed -- Moved the Main Bases to the edge of the mission area "as they are only used now if you have no Bases setup.

when you start the mission or JIP you will go to a BASE that is Deployed. if there are none you will Start at the Main Base with a truck only.

Hint "Ask Players with Bases on trucks their position.

Changed -- Hunt behaviour to AWARE from SAFE.

Added -- Guard.sqf -- If the vehicles run away to fight without the hunt order - This will bring them back to your Base when their done.

Changed -- BASE trucks not used will be removed at Mission start and the rest will be removed when they are destroyed.

DownLoad From OFPEC HERE

Armaholic mirror:

BattleZone DeathMatch Co-36

Edited by Zonekiller

Wow. Sounds really interesting ZK ! Will try it later this evening.

This may be a GREAT hook for new players if portable to Arma2Free, as it looks addonfree.

Edited by Kremator

Reported the broken files to Armaholic - will put the link back up when its fixed

UPDATED To Ver 1.01 -- 30/6/2011

Updates are in the original post.

OK first impressions.... REALLY liked it!

Was running it on my dedi server, with just myself playing. The tranport of the workshops works well. COIN works great. Placing soldiers close to vehicles or statics (which they then enter automatically) is genius. I found an apache do a hunt mission then come back to reload ! Not sure if it did but it did return hunting again - IF it reloaded this is BRILLIANT !

Few issues, however ...

With a M1A1 Tusk I found that I had 3 soldiers close to the tank they get in but will NOT hunt.

Keep working on it mate !

I know that your thinking of this as a PVP type game but WOW this would be brilliant (and a potential Warfare/Domi beater) if you could get a fully functioning AI commander(s) !

Would this be possible ?

been working on that also -- i do need to update the code and add the new features when i have done more to the Beta one

Here is a mix of BZ and BF3 , i was just seeing what would happen :)

BattleField BattleZone

Edited by Zonekiller

The demo is really good .

functioning AI commander(s)
Is a nice idea and a version with only two sides for better performance with money or ressorces and one without. Possibility to recruit a Group of Soldiers would be nice (or option to make groups). And is it easy to use costum Faction like i44, Unsung or so?(if it's possible, example please)

ps:

Dac or Upsmon is a little solution for missing ai commander. A few zones and a camp with enough respawn points, viola a funny dynamic C&C fight mission.+Cent_HCS2 in Sp ^^

edit:

With a M1A1 Tusk I found that I had 3 soldiers close to the tank they get in but will NOT hunt.
same here with normal M1A1 sometimes they go or not Edited by TeilX

The next update seem to be going good for the vehicles doing as there told.

for Ver 1.02 - Added patrol.sqf , No more men standing around they will now patrol the base if not told to do anything else, Hunt ,Patrol and Guard all work together now, and should work with an AI commander, all units in a vehicle are now the same group as the driver.

Q: Possibility to recruit a Group of Soldiers would be nice (or option to make groups)
---- A: at this stage you can get units to join your group and AI in the same vehicle are in a group. -- Working on a group spawn "will take a bit of time"...
Q: a version with only two sides for better performance with money or ressorces
--- A: May add a rank system and for a AI commander version it will only be 2 sides.
Q: And is it easy to use costum Faction like i44
--- A: in the Description.ext you will see faction names and also in the "InitFolder\BF3_Arrays.sqf" add your factions to the arrays and it should work.
Q: if you could get a fully functioning AI commander(s) !

--- A: Working on that - it does look possible.

Anyone wish to give me a hand with testing and editing -- send me a PM

Edited by Zonekiller

No more men standing around they will now patrol the base
will Patrol similar to Hunt feature or is it auto? I like "men standing around".^^

at this point it is auto after 30 seconds "they just walk around the base area", they will still get into empty vehicles and call in any close hunters if they see any enemy. May add -- get into empty towers also.

Vehicles with men and no hunt orders will stay still untill a enemy is seen near the base and then will go and attack then return back to where it was and wait again

Edited by Zonekiller

i have the AI now able to pickup and deploy bases in random areas..

im using this code but if anyone has a better way of finding flat areas "that works" i would like to hear about it

_posbase = getpos server;

_radius = HuntDistance;

_exp = "(.5 + houses) * (1 - hills) * (.5 + trees)";

_prec = 1500;

_count = 100;

_bestplaces = if (!isnil {selectBestPlaces [_posbase,_radius,_exp,_prec,_count]}) then {selectBestPlaces [_posbase,_radius,_exp,_prec,_count]}else{[0,0,0]};

_basepos = [];

for "_i" from 0 to ((count _bestplaces) - 1) do

{

_newspot = ((_bestplaces select _i) select 0);

_preview = _cargo;

_itemarea = Basearea / 10;

_isFlat = _newspot isflatempty [

_itemarea, //--- Minimal distance from another object

0, //--- If 0, just check position. If >0, select new one

0.7, //--- Max gradient

_itemarea, //--- Gradient area

0, //--- 0 for restricted water, 2 for required water,

false, //--- True if some water can be in 25m radius

_preview //--- Ignored object

];

if ((count _isFlat != 0) && !(isOnRoad _newspot)) then {_basepos = _basepos + [_newspot]};

};

would work much better on a flatter land :)

Hey ZK,

Been playing the BF BZ for over an hour ... LOVING IT !

The system is a little flakey presently in that I notice if an enemy tried to take over a base, but leaves an unpacked truck they are able to capture it again very quickly.

I think this is shaping up to be GREAT !

Of course in BF BZ you cant spawn soldiers to start hunting, but this is getting close :)

I reckon BF BZ is the way to go .... lots of AI doign their own thing BUT you can add vehicles and soldiers to add to the fight.

I've not found the arty radar useful yet... what is it meant to do?

theres an arty radar ?

getting the new demo to work in much the same way as BF BZ just better automation

looking at adding groups and an attack option. as well as a rearm when ammo gets low for the AI vehicles.

changed

was 0 now 5, //--- If 0, just check position. If >0, select new one

was 0.7 now .3, //--- Max gradient

and seems to work much better

Will test on local and dedi when ready and feedback :)

Come on the rest of you guys ... get some feedback to ZK!

Let's help make this GREAT !

I still playing with the first demo without Bf in editor. ^^Simple,i love it hehe. Easy & nice C&C style pvp action in Mp or add you own enemy(Dac,Upsmon)in SP. Next demo with BF?Maybe you can release 2 versions, a BF version and a Battlezone standart Demo.

"Less is sometimes more". ^^

Edited by TeilX

i have the create group working , just some maths stuff to get right :)

I think if there were more AI enemies in the first version (created by their AI commanders) then that would suffice. However, that is what BF BZ actually does.

My problem so far is that I haven't been playing it against other humans. I think that would really open it up.

Looking forward to the next version :)

Is there an option to adjust, how much you can build. Not that you can always build something after 1000 destroyed units?I don't mean the restriction of the units/buidlings .

idea:

Maybe a Turn Base System or similar works good with this, it give points after a turn(10-20min) and you can build better units and buildings, or you need to refill the Army with the points and must wait for next turn. really World in Conflict like^^

Edited by TeilX

with the new system its hard enough to keep up with the building as it is , i had to add a autobuild to give the players a hand, well the demo just showed a few things that could be done, now its almost ready to be released as a full version , i dont think there is to much more to add except for maybe a few sub missions , thanks for the help with the demo guys , im sure you will be pleased with the end result. i will need the weekend just to write about all the features , whats been added -- all new code --

even the AI suprise me in with what they do and i will sit and watch them for an hour or so.

if you want a preview i will try and have my server up and running all this weekend

Server -- [ZDS] ZoneKillers Defence Squad Server

if you want to add a suggestion or two now is the time to do it :)

again for all the help guys and girls

:)

still working on this and seting up a mission on duala as well ,

it now has too many features to mention so i am going to have to do a video :)

all going well,

will be released soonish

anyone that has teamspeak and wishes to help test and bash it to death you are more than welcome to PM me and will setup times beers ect