View Poll Results: Which -malloc=N works best for you?

Voters
48. This poll is closed
  • -malloc=0

2 4.17%
  • -malloc=1

4 8.33%
  • -malloc=2

3 6.25%
  • -malloc=3

38 79.17%
  • -malloc=4

1 2.08%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Arma 2: OA: Beta Build 82282 - Memory allocator test

Well, it seems that -malloc=3 has left all the others in the dust. Call me premature, but I think we have a winner.

So, Suma, how's about you tell us what all this means?

Gigabyte Z97-HD3 Motherboard | Intel Core i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz | NVidia GTX 970
    16GB G-Skill Ripjaws 2133MHz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | be Quiet! 750W PSU

Just one more thing, does trackIR effect perfomance? Because I tried the benchmark 01 mission without activating trackIR and I got 29fps avg. Then after I activate trackIR, rand the same mission with the same setting and I got 24-23fps avg.

Hi everyone, I started testing these betas when the last one was released and would like to know whether the changes from previous betas carry over to the next or not.

Edit:
    I tried to install the beta but I get an error message saying "wrong cd key" although I bought arrowhead on steam. The last beta worked fine. But I had problems running mods and so I reinstalled arrowhead. Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?
    Last edited by _sherlock_; Jun 29 2011 at 14:14.

Quote Originally Posted by _sherlock_ View Post
    Hi everyone, I started testing these betas when the last one was released and would like to know whether the changes from previous betas carry over to the next or not.

Edit:
    I tried to install the beta but I get an error message saying "wrong cd key" although I bought arrowhead on steam. The last beta worked fine. But I had problems running mods and so I reinstalled arrowhead. Does anyone have an idea what might be the problem?
    Steam user probably. Start the Steam launcher as Administrator and run your arma games at least once through the launcher.

82346 comes

-malloc=0: Crash when trying to run benchmark 1, not crash in 82282
    -malloc=3 no crash but drops 5 FPS
    Last edited by Sisbboy; Jun 29 2011 at 16:40.

Played with Malloc=3 for a few hours, in the process did a lot of config tweaks like changing AA, VD, also did a lot of Alt+tabbing and FRAPS'ing so there were a lot of chances to mess things up.

The game worked stable. Although I didn't notice any positive FPS change other people did.
    ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
    ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Giving 'authenticity' an entirely new meaning, together with Medal of Honor.

Tested on 82346

malloc B01 B02

-malloc=0 44 17
    -malloc=1 44 17 higher minimal fps then with -malloc=0
    -malloc=2 42 15
    -malloc=3 43 17
    -malloc=4 42 17

1.59 45 19

ArmA2OA.cfg
    Spoiler:

ArmA2OAProfile
    Spoiler:

PC spec
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by SLAYER_RF; Jun 29 2011 at 20:37.

I get crashes on mission loading (trying to play "For the life of a friend") with JSRS sound mod and the mission addons active.

I tried -malloc=3 and -malloc=0 with the same result. Running the vanila 1.59 plays with no problems, but I guess we all knew that anyway.

Those not getting crashes with -malloc=3, did you have have addons activated or not? I realise some did, but am wondering if most test with no addons active. Is that the prefered method from the Dev's, I guess that would be easiest for them to troubleshoot?

Thanks
    Last edited by Rough Knight; Jun 30 2011 at 01:34.

9.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #59
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by j_frost View Post
    I get crashes on mission loading (trying to play "For the life of a friend") with JSRS sound mod and the mission addons active.

I tried -malloc=3 and -malloc=0 with the same result. Running the vanila 1.59 plays with no problems, but I guess we all knew that anyway.
    If you want me to check, I need exact download location for both mission and addons / mods used and step by step instructions how to run the mission. (Believe it or not, I have no idea what is "For the life of a friend").
    Ondrej Spanel, BIS Lead Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogX View Post
    Well, it seems that -malloc=3 has left all the others in the dust. Call me premature, but I think we have a winner.

So, Suma, how's about you tell us what all this means?
    Ye Suma please tell us what this malloc is.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast