Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: How to secure Your server? - Read here!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
    use verifySignatures=2; and v2 signatures on your server
    v2 signatures are supported also in ARMA 2 version 1.10+ and ARMA 2:OA 1.59+!
    http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A..._on_the_server
    Not much good if your dedi doesn't have BAF or PMC installed as only those that don't have them can play as if players have them they get kicked.

Anyone have a fix for this without buying a copy specifically for the server to allow those that have them the ability to join?

?

BAF and PMC have version 2 signatures too. bi2 signatures. And that's the key you should have on your server if you've updated it correctly.

Xeno

3.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #13
    Author of the Thread
    You never install BAF or PMC data on dedicated server! for that exist Lite content ...

The server doesn't have BAF or PMC installed as it's never needed them and it has the v2 bikey but as soon as we run v2 signature checks anyone that has BAF and/or PMC installed gets kicked for wrong signatures.

If we remove BAF/PMC from our local installs we can connect and play properly, therefore unless I am missing something it looks like that since the server can't check the full BAF/PMC files against anything it kicks the players.

Some examples of the log (never kicks for the same file for the same person):
    Code:
    20:22:59 Player [RIP]joina412: Wrong signature for file baf\addons\tracked_w_baf.pbo
    20:25:12 Player [RIP]Tyson: Wrong signature for file baf\addons\shapur_baf.pbo
    20:29:15 Player [RIP]welshterrorist: Wrong signature for file baf\addons\wheeled_w_baf.pbo
    20:44:31 Player [RIP]BearBison: Wrong signature for file baf\addons\sounds_baf.pbo
    20:45:43 Player [RIP]Tyson: Wrong signature for file ca\characters_d_baf\baf_soldier_2_baf.p3d
    20:48:02 Player [RIP]welshterrorist: Wrong signature for file pmc\addons\missions_pmc.pbo
    20:49:14 Player [RIP]AacAac: Wrong signature for file pmc\addons\modules_pmc.pbo
    20:50:42 Player [RIP]joina412: Wrong signature for file ca\characters_d_baf\baf_soldier_2_baf.p3d
    20:51:56 Player [RIP] BabylonCome: Wrong signature for file ca\characters_d_baf\baf_soldier_2_baf.p3d
    The server files have been checked against my local files and are a complete match (less the BAF and PMC folders as not on server) so how do we fix?

tell these players to update their DLC to 1.02 BAF

Please consider to vote for my Make Arma Not War submissions:

### Blitzkrieg GameMode -Scenario [SP] ###
    ### Blitzkrieg GameMode -RandomMode [SP] ###

Thank you!

I have exactly the same problem as BearBison. I get kicked off my dedicated server with v2 enabled for various wrong signatures on BAF/PMC files. I'm using Steam, so pretty sure I have the latest version of both BAF and PMC. Just to be sure, I completely deleted the BAF and PMC folders in the OA root directory. This forced the reinstallation of both when I launched OA. Still get the kick/ban for a wrong signature. It's a different file each time.
    Last edited by Focher; Jul 3 2011 at 02:27.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPscene View Post
    tell these players to update their DLC to 1.02 BAF
    All players are fully updated, one is a clean install who even tried using the separate patch for the DLC's after the v1.59 patch just in case there was an issue with the combined patch.

8.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #18
    Author of the Thread
    do you have \Keys\ (this one should not be needed but depends where you have actual profile root) and \Expansion\Keys\

with latest
    bi2.bikey
    bi.bikey

files?

My profile root is the default. I don't use the -profiles command line when starting the server. I checked the MD5 hashes across all 3 computers for both bi.sgn and bi2.sgn located under the OA root "keys" folder and the "expansion/keys". It's the same for all of them.

bi.bikey - f40916be05b3bfd8bdb860275ce922e3
    bi2.bikey - 5b5c9a1e7033150e8ffe7307ce385b25

On both the server and the client, I have both Arma 2 and OA installed through Steam. Have done a Verify Cache multiple times to ensure everything is fine. I then issued the following commands for both client and server to make OA into a CO configuration. Client is launching from Steam.

Spoiler:

Server Start Command File
    Spoiler:

server.cfg
    Spoiler:

serverbasic.cfg
    Spoiler:

If I switch back to version 1 signatures, I don't get the error / kick / ban.

10.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #20
    Author of the Thread
    so i have no idea what's wrong, can You get me list of all files these players have
    \PMC
    \BAF

same goes i need list of the server files (ideally MD5 hashes included)

also what's your server IP ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast