flashpointresistance201u.jpg

flashpointresistance201.jpg

flashpointresistance201p.jpg

flashpointresistance201r.jpg

Edited by Miki45

standart,NV compare

flashpointresistance201x.jpg

flashpointresistance201w.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Or does it?

except hours of work and 25 thousands of faces

Nice work and model, but 25000 faces thats close to the limit OFP can operate with at a time?

STGN

It's a great model.

But it's a bit over the top for a game asset.Particularly a weapon. :)

It'd be right at home in a pre-rendered film though.

Nice work and model, but 25000 faces thats close to the limit OFP can operate with at a time?

STGN

it's lod 0.05

i play ofp wih this weapon and i don't have any problems

flashpointresistance201m.jpg

and link to a video

http://file.qip.ru/video/UfXEwpdZ/Film_0043.html

you can see changing of lods

Edited by Miki45

Top-notch work, I've never seen such detailed model in OFP. But I think that you've forgotten about something...

Front sight! :D

Otherwise: great!

PS. What is your PC specification?

Top-notch work, I've never seen such detailed model in OFP. But I think that you've forgotten about something...

Front sight! :D

Otherwise: great!

PS. What is your PC specification?

it's WIP

PC specification

notebook

RAM:2GB DDR2

CPU:AMD Athlon II P340 dual-core 2.2ghz

Grafic card:ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

it's lod 0.05

http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/7443/flashpointresistance201.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5919/flashpointresistance201m.jpg

and link to a video

http://file.qip.ru/video/UfXEwpdZ/Film_0043.html

you can see changing of lods

Nice, but the picture with the standing soldiers they don't all show the 25k model right, just lower lods?

STGN

Nice, but the picture with the standing soldiers they don't all show the 25k model right, just lower lods?

STGN

in the pictures are showed only 25k model game don't switched but in the end of battle game switch it to the lover lods and when i was walking near death game switched 25k lod.

It could run ok on an empty island,with just a few soldiers.But things

might change radically in the middle of a full on mission. :)

Have you tested it in that kind of situation?

I hope you'll have a good variety of lower LODs planned. Do you have any pictures of the lower LODs?

I hope you'll have a good variety of lower LODs planned. Do you have any pictures of the lower LODs?

no,first i have to finish 1.lod

its WIP, i have to finish textures signs,butt stock,bolt,hand grip,trigger (this parts are on screns but their quality is low)

It could run ok on an empty island,with just a few soldiers.But things

might change radically in the middle of a full on mission. :)

Have you tested it in that kind of situation?

i'm playing ofp with this

Edited by Miki45

have u tried it in MP also??

we have maps on [LOL] server incl. over 500 enemies.

thats a real test. :D

second lod (unfinished)

less that 1200 faces (now about 800)

compare:

flashpointresistance201b.jpg

flashpointresistance201v.jpg

flashpointresistance201a.jpg

Edited by Miki45

just one thing you should know

in my 1.lod i odnt use sdarp edges,i use another way how optimalize structure but that way mean2x more points and that mean more faces and why i do it i will show you

flashpointresistance201m.jpg

on the left si sharp edge optimalization - 54 faces

and od the right is my system - 120 faces

can you see the difference?

(make more than 2x more faces just for so little difference is probably realy wierd,but making so detailed ak for ofp is more wierd)

Miki45, no offence, but I think, your model is almost useless for OFP. In the 1-st person view you won't be able to see all these rivets and hollows, anyway. Most of such small details could be made with textures only. For 3rd person lods such a detalization is useless. Even in the newest COD-series guns models far less poly-heavy.

The best example of model optimization came to my mind is STGN's M4-series.

A:

Do you want to make your work available for as many

people as possible?To be actively used in the game?

B:

Or is it more a showcase for your own modelling abilities?

If it's A,then those people may admire it's contruction and form.But they'll quickly put that aside

and get on with playing.At that point,the detail level will become an issue.

If it's B,then there's nothing wrong with that either.There are people out there who download addons,

just to scrutinize every nut and bolt for accuracy.

As it is,it could be used to bake a good set of normal and AO maps.Then apply them to a lower resolution model.

AO can be used fairly effectively,even in CWA/Flashpoint.

On it's own,and unedited,it's perhaps too detailed for a first lod.The problem with weapons is the amount of them

likely to be present in a game.

That doesn't change the fact that a lot of time and effort has obviously gone into it's creation.

:)

A:

Do you want to make your work available for as many

people as possible?To be actively used in the game?

B:

Or is it more a showcase for your own modelling abilities?

If it's A,then those people may admire it's contruction and form.But they'll quickly put that aside

and get on with playing.At that point,the detail level will become an issue.

If it's B,then there's nothing wrong with that either.There are people out there who download addons,

just to scrutinize every nut and bolt for accuracy.

As it is,it could be used to bake a good set of normal and AO maps.Then apply them to a lower resolution model.

AO can be used fairly effectively,even in CWA/Flashpoint.

On it's own,and unedited,it's perhaps too detailed for a first lod.The problem with weapons is the amount of them

likely to be present in a game.

That doesn't change the fact that a lot of time and effort has obviously gone into it's creation.

:)

it's A and yes there is alot of faces and yes its almoust crazy do something like this in ofp,so why i'm doing this?

its because of creating new limits it may fail but if noone try it we will be stuck in old limits forever

(animted finger in ofp?Crazy why?I did it and it's working allsoldiers in that video have it)

this is shame some time ago ofp comunity was little different modding was about creating new limits but this is history and now only what we can do is being stuck in limits,there is only few people why now creating new limits and doing good work like model of this t-34/85 (about 8400 facer)

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/151/1caf05e77c35.jpg

this is how i'm feel it

here is a video of biggerst battle on nogova all standart soldiers,at sildiers and officers have this ak

(sound quality is terrible cos ihave to record via microfone)

http://file.qip.ru/video/lT13bq59/Film_0044.html

have u tried it in MP also??

we have maps on [LOL] server incl. over 500 enemies.

thats a real test. :D

sounds like a plan,i mean mp test

Edited by Miki45

I can somewhat see the use for very detailed View - Pilot and first resolution lods (even though 25,000 is excessive, and might already cause lag in regular missions when displayed only once in the View - Pilot lod), but after that, it just becomes pointless to have more than 1000 points on any firearm res. lod, no matter how complicated the design. I haven't taken a look at the soldier models in a while, but I am guessing they have between 750 and 1000 faces. That means there will already be about 25 "soldiers" on screen just to display the player's own weapon. I don't see it working well for the majority of players in a serious mission like "Battlefield" ...

Vehicles are different as they are bigger, and there will almost always be less of them on screen at the same time, although 25,000 is still a bad idea for a vehicle.

I do remember someone working on a 75,000 faces M-60 GPMG for OFP years ago. That was a really bad idea :D (OFP doesn't even support anywhere near that many faces)

Edited by JdB

75k si bad idea but asyoz cnasee on this video lod 0.05 is showing in game very rarely (second lod have 800 faces)

http://file.qip.ru/video/lT13bq59/Film_0044.html

(its 36 vs 36 soldiers) i don't know how many soldiers i have to put to show that it isn't so bad as it sounds

ok another video 54 vs 54

but battle like this + fraps = lags so i have 2. versions first with HD ak and second with regular ones

HD AK:http://file.qip.ru/video/H1H2w-iJ/Film_0045.html

regualar AK:http://file.qip.ru/video/XsZSSIMO/Film_0046.html

Edited by Miki45

this is shame some time ago ofp comunity was little different modding was about creating new limits but this is history and now only what we can do is being stuck in limits,there is only few people why now creating new limits and doing good work like model of this t-34/85 (about 8400 facer)

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/151/1caf05e77c35.jpg

this is how i'm feel it

In fact, there aren't a lot of people left in the OFP community. That's why modding isn't as creative as it used to be. But creating high poly models isn't what i could call "breaking the limits".

75k si bad idea but asyoz cnasee on this video lod 0.05 is showing in game very rarely (second lod have 800 faces)

That's why it surely won't affect much the gameplay, the first res lod isn't often displayed during missions.

But creating high poly models isn't what i could call "breaking the limits".

you are right it isn't, by "breaking the limits" i mean my scripts like

my upgrated "repos missile script"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4k5pvGOxXo

weapons dispersion script,animated finger,explosions,new weapon system for tanks,also have one amgazines but more sounds of fire

http://file.qip.ru/video/G_WrzU_J/Film_0047.html

dialog system video

text,structure, of that simple dialog

http://file.qip.ru/video/UaXWnE3G/Film_0048.html

to see the text you have to download it

_data = [

[0,0],

["PL",{true},{["Hi"]},0.5,{}],

["SP",{true},{["What do you want?"]},0.5,{}],

["an",{true},{["What are you doing here? ?"]},0.5,{_goto = 8}],

["an",{true},{["Tell me about this camp"]},0.5,{_goto = 10}],

["an",{true},{["So what is the situation?"]},0.5,{_goto = 12}],

["an",{true},{["Forget it"]},0.5,{[0,1] call _spod}],

["end"],

["SP",{true},{[["I'm Sitting next to the campfire"],["I'm patroling a little relaxing"],["I'M waiting for a orders"]] call _rnd},0.5,{}],

["PL",{true},{[["I see"],["OK"]] call _rnd},0.5,{_goto = 3}],

["SP",{true},{[["it isn't hotel,but i like it"],["this was the greatest place that we have found"],["tends,campfire..."]] call _rnd},0.5,{}],

["PL",{true},{["OK"]},0.5,{_goto = 3}],

["SP",{true},{["We don't have orders yet"]},0.5,{}],

["PL",{true},{[["I see"],["OK"]] call _rnd},0.5,{_goto = 3}]]

this is breaking the limits thinks but this thread isn't about this

this highpoly model is just part of that and i'm donig it more,cos i like aks (but i'm working on high poly pistols,AR series weapons,etc.) and i say weapon must be detailed,cos weapon is the thing on that you look alltime when you play

,and about that lods i just can't understand why everyone says that it will affect gameplay

Edited by Miki45

,and about that lods i just can't understand why everyone says that it will affect gameplay

I don't think you stated,initially,that you edited the 1st lod to display only at very close range.Which is probably why framerate issues were mentioned.