Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial for Arma 3?

Tutorial for Arma 3?

Hi, I was wondering if there was going to be a tutorial for the people who are relatively new to the franchise like myself?

I managed a fair bit on my own in Arma 2 until i got to the mission where i had to build a base and i could buy soldiers. I didn't have a clue what i was doing and i remember building a base with MG nests facing inwards, a light vehicle bay that couldn't deploy vehicles because it was obstructed (noob i know lol.). The tutorials in Arma 2 were a little hard to follow sometimes and felt a tad fast paced.

I''d like to play Arma 3 but i'll need my hand holding to get the ball rolling.

Oh and be gentle its my first post.

I´m sure that the Devs have learned from the past. The OA Turtorial was a step in the right direction. I am faithfull that Arma 3 will have an even better Turtorial
    Teach the AI how to drive. Teach AI Tank drivers to turn their front towards the enemy. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. www.Brigade2010.de

Yeah the tutorial will probably be the best so far. Arma 2 was OK, OA was better (not that I needed it by that point), Arma 3... you get the idea.

ST_Dux: "Conspiracy theorists aren't the great skeptics that they envision themselves to be; they are a weak sort who cannot for the life of them accept the fact that some things -- most things, actually -- happen for no reason at all. There is no master plot; there is no system; the only thing consistent in this world is inconsistency.

First of all welcome to the community Shevvy

Yes you can definitely expect some good tutorials.

Ivan also said that the SP will contain, next to the usual tutorials, scenarios and missions to make the player more familiar with the game and its mechanics. So this means basically in-game\in-campaign tutorials designed for people new to the milsim franchise.

OA tutorials where great, so i think it is safe to asume that they will only get better, now if only we had a proper BIS editor tutorial (and i am aware of the vid they uploaded to youtube).

Arma 3 should have the best tutorials so far. As with each game, the tutorials got better.

Private First Class
    Author of the Thread
    Thanks for the responses! Do you think if i buy Operation Arrowhead i might be able to finish the campaign after i complete the tutorial?

Well if the arma 3 tutorials are good then i suppose ill make the purchase or maybe i wont need them after OA.

Yeah the tutorials were great for OA, and they made excellent previews for the upcoming game.
    Intel 2700k Sandy Bridge @ 4.6ghz | EVGA GTX680 x2 | Corsair H100 | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ddr3 1600 | EVGA z77 FTW mobo | Asus Xonar DX 7.1 | 2x OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 128gb | PC P&C Silencer Mk II 950W

Ther are also many Usermade Turtorials on Youtube

Every game has had a bootcamp as far as I remember...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast