Sign in to follow this  
sander

CWR2 coop pack

The addition of four new coops brings the total of included missions to 24.

New files:

co06_cwr2_full_blast.cain.pbo

co06_cwr2_missile_gap.cain.pbo

co09_cwr2_blow_tanks.cain.pbo

co10_cwr2_vertical_section.eden.pbo

Full Blast has NATO troops raid a Soviet camp on Kolgujev to destroy various targets

Missile Gap features an attack in order to destroy Soviet supplies of RPG ammunition

Blow Tanks has infantry ambushing an armoured column before the capture of an enemy base

Vertical Section features an air assault in order to destroy vehicles carrying precursor chemicals

Current version

Regards,

Sander

Version 2.0 contains corrections to an existing mission as well as an additional coop to bring the total to 25 missions.

New file:

co09_cwr2_knockout_drop.eden.pbo

Knockout drop has an airmobile squad clear Soviet troops from an island base before destroying enemy comms gear.

Current version

Regards,

Sander

@sander

You are like a machinegun, you make missions so fast :) thanks for new update.

Thank you sander, excellent as always.

I have a little problem with co06_cwr2_screen_test.eden.

Dedi linux server crash when reporting armour. Anyone experience the same issue? I'm checking if it's mod-related or JIP related, but have no good answers yet.

Thanks for your comments.

On the armour being sighted a trigger is activated that subsequently broadcasts a publicVariable, this value in turn is used as part of a condition to create an additional task for units that are alive. The mission has completed allright when hosting and in SP, but perhaps you could post some of the rpt content related to the incident along with essential details as number of players present at the start of the mission, whether players joined in progress, which additional custom content was used in addition to the CWR2 demo etc.

Regards,

Sander

I can confirm there's nothing wrong with co06_cwr2_screen_test.eden, we just encountered crash due to incompatible mods (most likely) or JIP issue.

Version 2.01 contains updates to various missions to take into account a changed classname, some altered bushes and objects as well as adjusted time of day settings to get the desired level of darkness at dawn.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Version 2.1 adds six new missions set on the island of Nogova. In addition all previous missions have received minor updates.

New files:

co05_cwr2_gas_lighters.noe.pbo

co06_cwr2_hip_shooter.noe.pbo

co09_cwr2_foray_blight.noe.pbo

co09_cwr2_front_site.noe.pbo

co09_cwr2_mine_workers.noe.pbo

co09_cwr2_rear_site.noe.pbo

Gas Lighters has Special Forces ambush a Soviet fuel convoy.

Hip Shooter features a raid on Soviet dispersal sites.

Foray Blight has airmobile infantry deploy to Nogova.

Front Site features an attack by light infantry to secure a crossroad.

Mine Workers has combat engineers maul a Soviet armoured column.

Rear Site features a raid on Soviet supply dumps.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Sander,

Adding an autosave after the civil registry is blown in Agreed Raid may be a good idea. Excellent mission!

Cheers,

OMAC

fb550a166693322.jpg

e2414e166693337.jpg

cf7d7b166693304.jpg

f9533f166693352.jpg

Edited by OMAC

Great missions for cwr2 mod. Sander I have one question. If you will make in future new update can you (if you have time :) ) add/make couple of missions with winter camo units on Winter Kolgujew? Some for us/russian and resistance faction. Thanks.

Thanks for your comments. An automatic savegame feature will not be introduced, as the missions are primarily intended for multiplayer coop. The savegame feature ought to be used in SP when required. Additional missions on islands such as Winter Kolgujev and Malden will be released at a later date. For the moment I am still busy working out some scenario's on Nogova.

---

Version 2.2 adds four new coops to bring the total to 35 missions.

New files:

co06_cwr2_limited_company.noe.pbo

co06_cwr2_materiel_gain.noe.pbo

co09_cwr2_decent_assault.noe.pbo

co12_cwr2_red_scare.noe.pbo

Limited Company features a raid on Vidlakov harbour to destroy stored Soviet equipment.

Materiel Gain has a patrol ambush armour before proceeding to obtain Soviet codebooks and a command vehicle.

Decent Assault features an attack intended to achieve multiple objectives with the help of friendly forces.

Red Scare has mechanised forces defeat Soviet armour before securing the Davle bridge.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

Thanks for the new version! As I usually play in SP on Veteran (only one user save allowed by default), any autosaves help a lot, but I understand that your missions are intended primarily for coop.

-----------------------

I noticed that when playing your missions in SP, if you team switch to a squadmate who happens to be dead, no commands work at all and you have to Alt-Tab to kill the game.

Edited by OMAC

In that case the savegame cheat might be useful if you wish to overwrite any previous save in the mission. Use the endmission cheat only when craving a taunt directed at your expense.

The second problem seems to be a sort of freak incident, since in my experience the T menu for switching seems to be rapidly updated when any playable slots are lost due to demise of the unit involved, both within the same squad as well as different ones. The U and Y options also seem to pick the available slots, even if you might be bleeding out in your new character and need first aid applied. This particular error situation proves hard to reproduce.

Regards,

Sander

Thanks for the new version! As I usually play in SP on Veteran (only one user save allowed by default), any autosaves help a lot, but I understand that your missions are intended primarily for coop.

-----------------------

I noticed that when playing your missions in SP, if you team switch to a squadmate who happens to be dead, no commands work at all and you have to Alt-Tab to kill the game.

Hi OMAC

if you play in Veteran mode then you can enable unlimited autosaves. It's only on Expert level not available.

:)

Hi OMAC

if you play in Veteran mode then you can enable unlimited autosaves. It's only on Expert level not available.

:)

Yes, I know. But I try to avoid deviating from default Veteran to improve my fighting skills and not rely too heavily on saves. Don't want to feel like a wuss! ;)

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

In that case the savegame cheat might be useful if you wish to overwrite any previous save in the mission. Use the endmission cheat only when craving a taunt directed at your expense.

Savegame cheat? Whaaaat? Never heard of it. Never used the endmission cheat, either. Only wusses cheat in my book! :D

... This particular error situation proves hard to reproduce.

Happened three times for me playing the brutal Carrying Charge mission (which is AWESOME). I guess I'm team switching before they are registered as dead. If I get into such a locked game situation in the future, I'll use the endmission cheat to kill the mission.

--------------------------------

This from arma2oa.rpt:

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -world=empty "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\Expansion;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@CWR2"

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2012/01/11 18:37:45

Current time: 2012/01/11 20:17:10

Version 1.60.87969

Conflicting addon cwr2_IslandCutscenes in 'CWR2\Islands\cwr2_cutscenes\', previous definition in 'CWR2\Expansions\cwr2_Winter\Islands\cwr2_cain_w_cutscene\'

Updating base class CWR2_baseWorld->CAWorld, by cwr2\islands\cwr2_noe\config.bin/CfgWorlds/noe/

ca\data\library\buoy.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocol_EP1_EN/: Missing word apc

When I command my squad to attack a BMP, the word for BMP is missing, so you hear "All, attack that ...." (no word spoken).

-------------------------------------

Also, when I am in the boat about to escape at end of Carrying Charge, get into front gunner seat, and select scope view, I'm looking at a headless me with hands above MG:

4bef8b169275081.jpg

Carrying Charge also needs donekeys/activeatekeys added to get the completed marker in mission list.

Veteran Carrying Charge completion using two user saves, resulting in most of squad alive:

da0864169276128.jpg

Veteran completion using one user save, resulting in squad dead or dying, ambushed at last minute:

3c7d51169275613.jpg

I had made it to boat when they got shot after I blew the Stingers. I went back to help them, but the gunfire was too intense, and I had to abandon them. Never even saw the attackers, who fired from hidden positions in the village. The village had been cleared 5 minutes before, plus 2 BMPs and a Shilka blown. I guess the attackers crept in from the east undetected. Brutal.

Edited by OMAC

Thanks for the continued feedback, it helps solve problems. It seems I made a typo in the doneKeys statement in the description.ext file. The other two errors can be reported in the CWR2 Community Bugtracker. The missing APC filename is a config error introduced by Arrowhead (infantry fighting vehicles are named tank in OA and the DLC).

---

Version 2.3 adds two new coops and has minor corrections added to a couple of existing missions. With two new scenario's set on Malden the total of included missions has reached 37.

New files:

co05_cwr2_le_port_beam.abel.pbo

co06_cwr2_red_hind.abel.pbo

Le Port Beam has Special Forces conduct a coastal raid in order to destroy various targets in the vicinity of a Soviet radar site.

Red Hind features a raid on a dispersal site to destroy a helicopter gunship and supporting infrastructure.

Download current version

Regards,

Sander

The other two errors can be reported in the CWR2 Community Bugtracker. The missing APC filename is a config error introduced by Arrowhead (infantry fighting vehicles are named tank in OA and the DLC).

Do you mean the headless man issue and the "missing word apc" issue should be reported to CWR2 CIT?

Thanks for the new version!

I was going to make the tickets, but you saved me the trouble! :)

I usually only post about EPIC missions; those that are complex, difficult, require every ounce of A2 combat skills, and are expertly designed with in-depth documentation in briefing notes and map. Missions that tell a story and which I will remember playing for a long time. ALL of the missions in your coop pack that I have played so far (about 4, all in SP) fit that description.

But to make them PERFECT for SP play at higher difficulty settings, they need autosaves at key points. Icing on the cake, but icing is tasty. I recommended an autosave be added to the Incursion CWR2 scenario:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/26800

I wish there was a way to make autosaves occur when the missions are played in SP that wouldn't affect coop play.

Cheers,

OMAC

Edited by OMAC

@OMAC

i dont know if its good idea, but if you know how to edit missions you can add a trigger activated by radio for example 0-0-0 and in this trigger use command savegame. You can have unlimited save option ;) or you can make save that you can use only 1 time. Or you can make few save triggers activated only 1 time: 0-0-1, 0-0-2,0-0-3 etc and you have for example 3 saves on mission.

Interesting! Thanks for the ideas. The CWR2 team is very touchy, understandably, about editing their content, so I will stay away from that. Enabling unlimited saves for Veteran is the way to go, but on all the Sander missions I have played so far, I have eventually made it through on default Veteran (one user save only), it's just quite difficult.

@OMAC

i think if you edit missions only for your personal use [you dont release them] you dont do nothing wrong. Or im wrong ? :)