Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

OFP1 is now Cold War Assault, is the flamewar with CM over? :D

Man, I feel old when I look at that graphic and realize that was 10 years ago and was the best of all time then.

The reason why they renamed it is because they simply couldn't name it OFP, since they don't own the name anymore.

It will still be known as OFP: CWC to many a user.

The reason why they renamed it is because they simply couldn't name it OFP, since they don't own the name anymore.

It will still be known as OFP: CWC to many a user.

Yeah, but will you guys finally let this go? Bohiemia gets to distribute the original OFP albeit with a different title... but still! What more do you want? We've already got CWR2 on the way with the original dialogue. Let CM keep making games with the OFP title, we all know BIS going to be making the true military shooter.

In case ya havent heard - http://www.bistudio.com/games/arma-cwa

So does this mean we can end this flamewar about who gets to make "operation flashpoint" games and leave CM alone? Sounds to me like BIS and CM has come to an agreement and made peace.

Where the f*** Armed Assault gone now? Back Catalogue!?

Seems like it was BIS bastard son.... :D

Well, Im fine with the OFP\ARMA decision. THey keep the name, we keep the game.

OFP mean simulator only for those that played it back then, nowadays simulator = ARMA, and OFP is that..... thing.... So makes sense.

CM should just give up the OFP name... that is if BIS even wants it back after what they did to it.

CM should just give up the OFP name... that is if BIS even wants it back after what they did to it.

Don't think BIS wants to bother. I think this the best compremise loyal BIS fans could get. In the end it's just a name, and the fans get back their original game.

Don't think BIS wants to bother. I think this the best compremise loyal BIS fans could get. In the end it's just a name, and the fans get back their original game.

They ripped of a lot of people of by using that name. And for me the flame war is going to end the day . . . CM will show some business ethics, which means never!!!!!!

kind regards

p.s. You should read some more on Codemaster forum. Their fan base pleaing for some feedback from the devs . . . for some more content to play with. Hey they are going crazy because a night mission was included in the DLC.

Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!

You should read some more on Codemaster forum. Their fan base pleaing for some feedback from the devs . . . for some more content to play with. Hey they are going crazy because a night mission was included in the DLC.

LOL

Reminds me of the old proverb 'a fool and his money are soon parted'.

What a scam eh, people dumb enough to buy Red River also remind me of women who have no understanding of cars buying shitboxes from shonky car dealers.

No need for another thread on this subject.

And in my opinion - no, it's not over. They will still forever be remembered for ruining the OFP name, just like Ubisoft will always have their Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon and now Splinter Cell failures hanging over them.