Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: [SP] For The Life Of A Friend

Author of the Thread
    Yeah, good points.

Ok, in this case I hope to be on the right track... I always cared to heavily develop the characters of my missions (even more in the upcoming campaign) - even though sometimes I felt like there were even too many dialogs or cutscenes.
    Last edited by Undeceived; Mar 21 2012 at 10:51.

Black Lands | Resistance Campaign for Arma 2: CO
    For The Life Of A Friend | SP scenario for Arma 2: CO

w0t?!..a campaign! A CAMPAIGN!!! Hundreds of missions as good as this one? I've heart palpitations...
    I'm from Poland and my english is poor. So, please be placable
    Pomorska Grupa Airsoft Black Panthers (PGABP)
    http://www.pgabp.abaks.pl

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by mant3z View Post
    w0t?!..a campaign! A CAMPAIGN!!! Hundreds of missions as good as this one? I've heart palpitations...
    There won't be hundreds of missions (thanks God ), but "only" approximately 15 or so.

The story is progressing quite well with some nice twists and dramatic parts but of course there are small missions too which are very simple and also some more straight forward type of missions and a big number of cutscenes which push forward the story, which definitely is a focus in the campaign.
    Last edited by Undeceived; Mar 22 2012 at 11:17.

I guess it will be awesome!
    Teach the AI how to drive. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. Make every weapon have a collision model so that players prefer to clean houses with their pistol instead of their heavy MG. Introduce auto lowering of the weapon if it collides with the wall. www.Brigade2010.de

Mate loved the mission, totally quality, a campaign sounds amazing keep us updated how far are you into it? If I could offer one small criticism, sometimes its better to let us play an event rather than show it, like when we were picked up by our sister I would personally have found it more immersive if we had to get to the road and wait for her to arrive from my viewpoint rather than a cutscene showing us it.

Fantastic work keep it up.

Author of the Thread
    Thanks, EBass. At the moment I'm working on mission 13 of the campaign (and also still on "some" real life tasks). Need to get this campaign story to an end soon because after that the campaign is still only beta (with all content included but full of bugs) and... -> Arma 3 is approaching - but I also don't want to rush the story in the final phase, so I'll need some more time.

Thanks for your critisicm as well - it's true that sometimes I guess I make too many cutscenes. But I think I'll leave the scene you mentioned in the mission as I'm afraid that removing it would break something else - so I'll better leave it.

I'll try to optimize this while making the campaign, but again, as mentioned earlier, there will be plenty of cutscenes which push the story forward, etc.
    Last edited by Undeceived; Apr 18 2012 at 10:55.

congrats on this mission. it was really enjoyable, and i don't think there's too many cutscenes. so what if we have a bit of MW/MoH/BF world in arma

Author of the Thread
    Thanks!

so what if we have a bit of MW/MoH/BF world in arma
    Not sure what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Undeceived View Post
    Not sure what you mean.
    the cutscense are one of the Cod/MW&Co. trademarks. i just find it cool when i see those in Arma (even though they don't look remotely as good as they do in those newer games).

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast