Me too^^

Excellent Mission!

Ernsthaft, sau gute Arbeit!

Thanks, Tonci! :)

Did you or IceBreakr also experience the bug which was mentioned here?

Nope, as I've stated in PM the guy run away like hell... but not for long ;)

Nope, as I've stated in PM the guy run away like hell... but not for long ;)

Ah sorry. :D Forgot your PM. Thanks anyway! :)

Nice mission. I haven't finished it, but i have found a scripting bug. When you have to get to your friend in the castle, and after search on the forest, if instead of rescuing him you run to the west, the part of your sister coming up will start and your friend will be with you magically, even if you haven't call her and you haven't rescue him.

Thanks for this feedback, Turin Turambar! I'll fix this in the next patch.

There is an update for my mission in the first post (version 1.5). I hope it is the last version! :)

Those who experienced the bug with the civilian who went to the car crouched instead of be walking normally: If you have time - could you please test the mission again and tell me if the bug happens again? Thanks a lot! :)

But nevertheless general feedback is also much appreciated.

Edited by Undeceived

Ok, usually I don't play SP stuff... but in ten years of OFP, A1 and A2 I didn't see a better mission than this!

That's a bold statement, and I accept the challenge presented in your message! ;)

There is a big bug that doesnt let me finish this mission . The moment where me and olaf are going to get revenge we encounter two enemies with a white car . After we kill them olaf doesnt want to move or get into the car again . its like hes frozen. Pls fix that .

Hello Jake. Thank you for the info.

Sorry that I ask but does this happen as well when you load the last save and try it again (maybe changing your approach of the situation and "usage" of Olaf)? I ask because I never had problems with Olaf at that part of the mission and at the moment don't know what could cause this problem.

I cant find the guy in the town, is he supposed to be in the church? Because it looks like i get a cutscene when i enter the compound.? Is that a bug?

Hi Sgt Gul, are you talking about finding Olaf in Mogilevka?

He is in the house near the church (when you click on the link in the task in the briefing, the map will go to his house.

Because it looks like i get a cutscene when i enter the compound.? Is that a bug?

Which compound do you mean? And what exactly happens?

Thanks! I will find him this time...

It happens when i enter the compound of the church, it looks like it goes to a cutscene or something. It goes black for like a half second, its like a flash. This happens each time i enter and re-enter the compound of the chuch. Maybe its because i am using lots of mods, ACE etc.

Oh yes, definitely! :) The usage of the mods explains it. I hope that apart from that one the mission will run finely, since it is pretty complex (script-wise).

Good luck.

Ah i see, well that explains it then. It does go bugfree at the moment, only that Pavel went prone while talking 1-2 times.

Ah i see, well that explains it then. It does go bugfree at the moment, only that Pavel went prone while talking 1-2 times.

Yeah, that's an Arma bug and it's absolutely annoying! It has to do with the AI thinking. Nothing helps there... They do it occasionally when they "think" they're in danger... :)

This is easily one of the best user-missions, i've played since opf. i like the story-telling, the voice samples (schön für die, die es verstehen :-D)

and the atmosphere in general. it's like playing another game. i'm looking forward to your next mission!

grüße

Undeceived . I think the bug i mentioned before is a general bug in the mission . Its when you save to often i think and with the ingame saving tool and you load Olaf is freezing . But i managed to finish the mission . Its awesome man . Gute Arbeit Alter !

Jake, I'm not sure about this. I tested the mission today and I saved a lot too but Olaf always kept moving with me and following orders... :-/

But thank you for your comments (also Tidius).

If you want and have time, feel free comment and to rate the mission at the Armaholic download page as well - would help a lot to encourage other players to try it out. Danke! :)

When I start the mission the cutscene lays but at the end of the cutscene it exits out of the mission saying "content has been deleted, Armed civilians" but when i download it off armaholic it said the mods were included but i didnt find the mods.

Oh nevermind I thought the addons were already installed in the mission. 0_0

Edited by solidsnake2384

Yes, (for others with the same problem) just copy the @folder from the mission package to the Arma 2 folder and launch the game with the copied folder as mod.

I also strongly recommend the mission to be played without any other addons or mods than the required ones as it may cause showstoppers and weird bugs!

I also strongly recommend the mission to be played without any other addons or mods than the required ones as it may cause showstoppers and weird bugs!

Always a good idea.

That said, I finished it perfectly while running ACE and Zeus AI.

Ok, that's weird! :D But good to know. :)

One of the best, most original missions I have had the pleasure of playing through. Looking forward to seeing more from you, and preferably with our hero from this mission involved.

One "bug" I noticed, after my friends got shot and I am crawling towards the castle, the mafiosos won't shoot me, only played the mission once, but they just walked right past me, nothing too bad, but it put a dent in an otherwise intense atmosphere.

What an interesting and brilliant concept! Only spotted this mission yesterday and I am enjoying it so far!

Spoiler is a spoiler....

Currently I am getting wasted every time I try and retrieve the gun from Yuri. When I play again tonight I am going to abandon this and go without the gun!

I am playing with the new beta which makes AI more aggressive, so perhaps this is it.

Nice to see an alternative take on mission making. I don't speak German, but it kinds of adds to the atmosphere as it reminds me of the foreign language films I used to watch when I was a student (not all of which involved French ladies taking their clothes off!!!).