Sign in to follow this  
vektorboson

CWA 1.99 Bug reports

Yup. That would be why.

EDIT: I just replayed the montignac mission. Instead of following my squad leader after he has decided that Alpha and Bravo are down, I stayed and observed a bit. Alpha and Bravo squads are quite alive when he orders the retreat, and at least Bravo hasn't even reached the town yet.

Edited by Nahkuri

i have theory it might be fixed in just some distribution and the tree we used wasn't that one ...

will see when i get send more variants of the .pbo

While playing 1.99 update #3 today I got the error "Picture rus_vlajka_texture.pac not found", at the beginning of the mission "Incursion". I never saw that message while playing v1.96.

I don't know if it's related to the way I escaped in the previous mission - this time around I didn't bother waiting for nightfall, but instead grabbed an AK74 and started blazing away, before stealing the Hind (I managed to waste both pilots before they boarded) and flying home. It's the first time I've done it this way instead of waiting until nightfall and navigating by the stars. That might be a red herring, though.

It seems that this might not be a new error, though: http://www.k-foren.de/showthread.php?t=10627 suggests this error was also encountered back in 2001 (or so Google Translate tells me).

Will this be fixed in update #4? If not, is there anything I can do to fix it? Can I copy a file from my GotY CDs or the v1.96 patch?

i have theory it might be fixed in just some distribution and the tree we used wasn't that one ...

will see when i get send more variants of the .pbo

Do you need someone to send you some campaign pbo's? I have the OFP-1.96 versions of 1985.pbo and resistance.pbo as well as the ones that come with the final version of CWA.

Someone looked at the 1985.pbo missions and found this specific case where the CWA and 1.96 versions are not the same. This is the early mission where, in the CWA version, the second helicopter tries to land in the forest and kills everyone on board. This is reproducable and usually causes the mission to hang:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1967098&postcount=76

Also, the file sizes for the campaign pbo's are different between 1.96 and 1.99, which makes me wonder if 1.99 doesn't have an earlier version of the campaigns or something.

Edited by Jason Moyer

i already have the latest resistance.pbo and 1985.pbo given

so far it seems the problem here is not in resistance.pbo

(only 1 sqm differs and that's just change in 6 decimals to 4 so no real change)

but in 1985.pbo it's more differences (as mentioned by others in the thread)

multiple .sqm, sqs, some ext and briefing files, stringtable.csv etc.

we will look into it and i will try get update released as soon as possible ...

I started the Hostage Rescue coop mission and the game gave a "rus_vlajka_texture.pac" not found error.

it's actually in two missions and also present in ofp

correct name is rus_vlajka.pac

vlajka errors should be fixed in that 4th hotfix i released ...

When squad members are mounting in vehicles,often "follow" target move to lower member instead of leader.

It's mess up command order.

Is it bug?

\o\misc\OFPRlogo01.paa has bad pixel format.

class RscDisplayCampaignLoad --> class Book --> class Title1 is too short. Text is truncated. To fix use:

x = -0.05;
w = 1.05;

Edited by Faguss

In Sniper Team Mission there is no squad. As a sniper you can't command your black ops to follow you. You can't command them at all.

Bug: No team indicators on the map.

I can call up the map screen, but there are no indicators for myself or my squad.

Bug: No team indicators on the map.

I can call up the map screen, but there are no indicators for myself or my squad.

Even on cadet mode ?

where, SP, MP, which campaign , what mission etc.

Sorry, yes, vital details.

SP, campaign, from the start, not appearing on any mission. Works fine on Resistance but not on the original game.

that's weird as i see map indicators in the 1985 camapign, while playing with Cadet mode (checked with STEAM version of A: CWA)

you sure you got the files updated correctly ?

also check in Options > Difficulty if you don't disabled extended map info for both difficulties

(because this setting disable the map markers completely ! :) )

Multiplayer bug:

Desert Island, Mission: Real Paintball.

Sometimes west side player is spawned outside fence (result: instant death) when match is over.

I used non-Steam (Sprocket) version of ARMA:CWA with update 1.99A RC.

Icarus

Edited by Icarus

Am I installing this ARMA correctly from OFP?

-Install OFP v1.20 CD

-Install OFP Red Hammer/Gold v1.30 CD

-Install OFP Resistance v1.75 CD

-Install OFP OFPResistancePatch_196.zip v1.96

-Install ARMA CWA.zip v1.99

-Install ARMA A-CWA_update.7z (CamelPlaneAddon)

-Install ARMA A-CWA_update.22112011-combinedALL (copy the files over and replace)

-Run and Configure ColdWarAssaultPreferences.exe

-Run and Configure ColdWarAssault.exe

Do I still need the ARMA A-CWA_update.7z (CamelPlaneAddon)?

or can I install only ARMA CWA.zip v1.99 and the other ARMA and still have a working game?

If you want to only play with CWA, technically you do not need to install OFP, CWA is the full game (Cold War Crisis + Resistance, there is just not Red Hammer as it was Codemaster property).

So if it's only to play CWA

- Have your OFP serial code ready as if you don't install OFP, CWA will ask it instead of fetching and re-using it automatically without needing your input.

-Download and install CWA from the CWA.zip

-Download and install "A-CWA_update.22112011-combinedALL.7z"

-Run and Configure ColdWarAssaultPreferences.exe

-Run and Configure ColdWarAssault.exe

But take notice that most MP servers are always using OFP, not CWA (mostly because there is no linux server for CWA), so if youre interested in MP, you may have to install OFP too, as OFP and CWA are not multiplayer compatible

"Resource title Flashpoint not found" error message when using following command:

titleRsc ["Flashpoint", "PLAIN"]

NEED HELP - bug with keys and commands for mission editor. Just bought Arma: CWA from company website, and I believe it is 1.99. Manual says I should be able to make certain units "playable" by using the "Switch Team" key. I created a mission and made a number of units playable. However, when I play the mission and push Switch Team key (which is the letter T according to the manual), I get the watch. What am I doing wrong? None of the controls in the "Controls" menu says "Switch Team." Is there a patch or something I should be looking at to fix this? I've tried searching the forums, but can't seem to find the right answer. Please help!