Sign in to follow this  
*zeewolf*

Arma: Cold War Assault

This year will mark the 10th anniversery of Operation Flashpoint's release (June 22nd 2001 according to Wikipedia).

Should BIS do something to mark the occasion? If so what would you like to see?

Re-Release OFP:CWC in the RV3 engine. :inlove:

Maybe official addon like BIS Camel :)

Yes, Bohemia, listen to this guy so I can make Camel Rage again.

Yes, Bohemia, listen to this guy so I can make Camel Rage again.

I want Camel Rage too! I really don't ask for much... :)

And it's been a nice 10 years playing your games also Bohemia.

Thanks.

True, but I'd be concerned for anything "designed by committee" and it would be nice if the project required the full range of skills the community posseses (rather than just modelling for example).

I haven't seen many ideas for a small official addon or mini-campaign or even a patch for Flashpoint.

Perhaps a symbolic "Operation Flashpoint 2.00" patch?

I'd imagine any changes made to the original OFP had to be cleared by Codemasters first. :(

I'd imagine any changes made to the original OFP had to be cleared by Codemasters first. :(

yeah most likely yes, and they will be more then happy to block it off .....

So, you reckon BI had to get authorisation from CM every time they wanted to release an OFP patch?

10years old, i didnt think it was that old. I played OFP since the demo, it was one of the big reasons i got involved with PC gaming rather than console gaming. Long live OFP. :)

Something like an unofficial community patch could be interesting to build for good old OFP.

But in the same time there's ECP already that is the closest there is to an OFP actual community update.

Yeah unfortunately.

I would've liked to see OFP re-released on DVD with improved graphics (better models, textures and animations like those offered in mods) and some behind-the-scenes materials for the anniversary. And maybe some patch too.

I would like to remind you that OFP ain't

Nobody's talking about shaders. Models and animations like in GRAA and textures like in WGL texture pack will be more than enough.

Well, it's not going to happen at this moment. BIS have mentioned before that OFP is a closed book for them, and who knows what their split with Codemasters meant about releasing such major updates for OFP.

Hmmm ten years already... a lot happened in that time. Lots of trees have been hugged, shot, flattened and destroyed indeed.

Still play the game from time to time, never gets old! :smile_o:

To celebrate this, I will replay all three campaigns in one day. I also want to try to do the same with A1 right after OFP.

great game, play it on regular basis.