Sign in to follow this  
7Cav1Clip

Player UID trigger

A trigger to call UID array. If its a match they can get in trigger area, if not something happens. Currently kills them, eventually just move them to X location. Works with just me and I change the UID in the array but not working once others join.

uid = getPlayerUID player; if (uid in masterUIDArray) then {hint "Your good"} else { if (uid != masterUIDArray)} then {_x setdamage 1} foreach(_this select 1);

Any ideas?

You seemed to be missing a } before the foreach part in your line, anywho somthing like this is what i would do:

Problem is that triggers activate once someone is inside, but then will not activate if a second unit comes inside after activation.

i would solve that by running a script from the trigger, wich is basically the same as trigger wait.

place in init.sqf:

allowedArea = true;

trigger is set to repeated, 1 second delay, anyone present and condition of trigger is:

({isPlayer _x AND !((getPlayerUID _x) in masterUIDArray[b])[/b]} count thisList) != 0 AND allowedArea

place in on act of trigger:

allowedArea = false;
{
if (isPlayer _x AND !((getPlayerUID _x) in masterUIDArray)) then {_x setDammage 1};
} foreach (list thisTrigger);

place this in on deact:

allowedArea = true;

Edited by Demonized
missing )

Hrmm, well sort of works. When I walk in, I am fine. When someone else walks in kills everyone including those on the list

Hrmm, well sort of works. When I walk in, I am fine. When someone else walks in kills everyone including those on the list

lol im an idiot: remove the player setDammage 1 from the on act part, it should have been deleted before posting but i missed it

previous post updated, it was a old part wich was replaced by the if () then {setDammage part.

forgot to delete it.

Edited by Demonized

This trigger is a great starting point for what im looking for...I need a trigger that will move a unit instead of killing it. I already have teleport scripts on my dedi i wonder if it can be mod to fit this request.

The current teleport script I am using is saved as an sqf file and its called by an action on the object init.

//tele.sqf

//to teleport player to marker truman

_tele = this select 0;

_caller = _this select 1;

_caller setPos (getPos (truman));

hint "Welcome to Truman Air Station";

EDIT AFTER POSTING

A few minutes after posting this I was able to change the parameters to teleport a unit. The acc script should be mod to look like this:

allowedArea = false; { if (isPlayer _x AND !((getPlayerUID _x) in masterUIDArray)) then {_x setPos (getPos (cadet));}; } foreach (list thisTrigger);

where it says (cadet) you would change to what ever your object reads. Can be named anything you like.

Edited by shadesb181
Updated the script