Sign in to follow this  
Tonmeister

On all things Modular

Alrighty...

What do you like, or for that matter dislike about the current BI modules in A2? Are you a builder of modules or a mission builder who likes to use the modules? Are there things you would like to see improved, dropped or do you think there are already too many modules and could some of these be merged? Are there some whacky implementations you would like to see introduced into A3? I personally really liked the town generator in OA and I would like to this see extended for a variety of town layouts and zones ie industrial, residential, inner city.. etc.

I would like to see a modules for populating sea life, underwater wrecks and SecOPs extended for sea based objectives. Hell maybe even a road generator. I don't know really... over to you.

I doubt this will get out of hand, but i'll put all suggestions in this first post. Nudge me if ive missed anything.

New or Extended Modules

* Breech and Clear :: dictate or participate in a breach and clear for buildings

* MedEvacmodule :: Medical support and logistics

* Populators :: Sea life, underwater wrecks.

* Road generator :: blank canvas maps.

* SecOPs extended :: sea based objectives.

* Town Generator extended :: zones ie industrial, residential, inner city.. etc.

User Interaction - Mission Making

* Implement Module GUI

* Needs more than one way of entering data - buttons, sliders and number boxes.

* Auto-generated drop-down list of all acceptable parameters

* Be able to set units in the ambient combat module.

Implementation

* reinitialisation after respawn should be optional

* all modules work on dedicated servers

Documentation

* needs improvement - BIKI?

Merged Modules

Edited by Ebolavirus
thread compile

I would like to see a MedEvacmodule.... Where you sync it with a/some helicopter/vehicle and a Medical tent... If both Chopper and apc are synced it will decide how safe it is for chopper... If chopper is too risky it will send in apc. With chopper it will ask you to pop a flare if not it will land at a designated spot... Then when patient is in vehicle it will automatically take the patient back to medical facilities...

Chopper will automatically land at nearest helipad to hospital (Maybe load patient on an ambulance near helipad and drive them the rest of the way... Either that or just land near the hospital...

hey, interesting, do you think this could be a generic module? In that it could also work alongside ALICE and SILVIE for civilian interaction? Or do you see it as a unique standalone military module?

I'd like to see modules be 1. consolidated so they are more powerful but fewer, and 2. given appropriate UI's in the editor so that you don't need to use the init lines as much. More buttons, sliders and number boxes -- less code writing.

The modules should be more user friendly and self-referential, by which I mean that any input field should have an auto-generated drop-down list of all acceptable parameters.

The modules should be more user friendly and self-referential, by which I mean that any input field should have an auto-generated drop-down list of all acceptable parameters.

+1.

Should have more than just Init-fields. Maybe some checkboxes (SOM, ACM, etc..) to deal with. Also the reinitialisation after respawn should be optional.

Make all modules work on dedicated servers, no one is really hosting games themselves, other than the official campaigns, which won't be MP compatible. Oh, and less errors in them, too. Preferably none.

Exactly!

Each module should have a window come up in the editor with all parameters as sliders, input fields or drop-down menus.

All I want is proper documentation for the use of every module. If BIS give us the tools why not give us the instructions?? Always puzzled me that.

+1.

The modules are really useful as is, but that could enhance them greatly.

Would love to see a breech and clear module for infantry that would allow you to dictate or participate in a breach and clear for buildings.

I also think that they could integrate the variables used by modules in the map themselves to make them less failiable. Such as defining where it is possible to land, or what are possible supply routes or something, if this makes any sense. Would also make it easier to have a drop down list of acceptable paramaters mentioned by Dmarkwick.

Edited by Uberduderofdoomer