Sign in to follow this  
VyMajoris

User mods, server mods, addons and everything else...

Bohemia Interactive knows that unrestricted user modification results in epic winnage.

So, I suppose that user modification will not be restricted.

I'll already can imagine a bunch of custom maps, new kind of units, vehicles, game modes and new features introducing mods.

Should I be worried?

RPS: And will the PC version have mod support?

Spanel: Yes, but it will be nothing like that of the Arma 2 technology. We want to support modification, but there will be some compromise. We cannot support the same infrastructure that we do for Arma 2. Our priority here is to make this work across multiple platforms, unlike Arma 2 which is the hardcore PC-platform crazy thing!

Well that's a pity, but understandable. I guess it depends on how open the game is but I imagine modders will find a way around this to open it up more. Just a shame it won't be as easy or accessible as ArmA.

Spanel: Yes, but it will be nothing like that of the Arma 2 technology. We want to support modification, but there will be some compromise. We cannot support the same infrastructure that we do for Arma 2. Our priority here is to make this work across multiple platforms, unlike Arma 2 which is the hardcore PC-platform crazy thing!

z4k8t44d.jpg

Can I remind people that Flashpoint was barely moddable until Resistance was released - The best we had before that was Gimbal's camouflaged Cessna which dropped grenades and a dodgy looking Huey.

It sounds like their focus is on having a game people will want to play first.

Fair enough.