Sign in to follow this  
madmusti

Island Lemnos

We know that the Island is Lemnos and there 2 Country´s in a Conflict on his Border´s

The Turkish Republic and Greece !!!

So we know that Greece has works together with Isreal to buy weapons and better Armor !!!

And we know that Turkey makes his own Weapon systems like this

otokar-arma1.jpg

And we see in the Video that the Helicopter wants Hit a Panther ,that can be the XK2 Panther ,a tank that make south corea and Turkey in license so we know who is Opfor and who is Blufor =?

No we didn´t know this but we know that the Factions ,Iran,Turkey,USA,Greece and Isreal a part of Arma 3 :D

What´s your Opinion =?

Good evening, kind sir.

Mine opinion is that I would like to see the Sealand Army in ArmA 3. I am almost certain, nay, convinced that over 95% of Sealanders would find this favourable.

FPDR

Here.

Alternatively, here or here.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Turkey and Greece only have territorial problems dating from (pre-)WW1. Nothing which cannot be solved. Except for maybe Cyprus, but I think even that can be solved.

But Turkey and Greece being NATO allies, with Turkey as candidate for the EU, I don't think war will break out. Perhaps a bit of mud throwing and threatening.

Also, it would be politically incorrect as this will only increase mutual hatred between the Greeks and the Turks.

Turkey and Greece only have territorial problems dating from (pre-)WW1. Nothing which cannot be solved. Except for maybe Cyprus, but I think even that can be solved.

But Turkey and Greece being NATO allies, with Turkey as candidate for the EU, I don't think war will break out. Perhaps a bit of mud throwing and threatening.

Also, it would be politically incorrect as this will only increase mutual hatred between the Greeks and the Turks.

Turkey is interested in EU but i t´s no more important for turkey,because turkey

know´s they dont need the EU ,Turkey has the Bequest of The Ottoman Empire and they would it back !!!

Turkey is interested in EU but i t´s no more important for turkey,because turkey

know´s they dont need the EU ,Turkey has the Bequest of The Ottoman Empire and they would it back !!!

ErdoÄŸan said he wanted Turkey to become the biggest economic power over the Middle-East and the North-African region. I'm sure he will win the elections on the 12th of June.

But he states he wanted Turkey to be part of the EU aswell. Which is more than logical, because it's the biggest single market in the world and it's reliable. And Turkey(/Ottoman Empire) have had and still has very important ties with the EU. There are I believe about 11 million Turks living in the EU, they also contribute to the economic growth of Turkey.

But due to the difficult past with Austria, France and the United Kingdom and Turkey being in political turmoil (Kemalism, Moslimfundamentalism, Kurdish seperatism) it might be next to impossible.

Guys, there's an EU politics thread right here. If you want to discuss politics, take it there, but please leave it out of this thread.

Uh, pretty sure it's NATO vs. Iran, not Turkey vs. Greece. And it's the Iranians that have the Israeli tank. Has any other specific nation been confirmed besides Iran, USA, and UK? And as far as I know, so far we've only seen the Merkava and some vehicle called the Hunter (from E3) as far as ground vehicles go. I think.

I'd like a faction DLC of the

Allow me to pay my .02 AUD into this wonderful arena.

I would enjoy seeing a Martian Armed Forces (MAF) armada deploy in A3. My scanner informs me that almost 100 percentiles of Martians operating in this sector would give me a "hells to the yeah."

We know that the Island is Lemnos and there 2 Country´s in a Conflict on his Border´s

The Turkish Republic and Greece !!!

We know that Lemnos was (from ancient years) is and will be a Greek island and that Turkey wants half of the aegean sea. And that's it.

I dont care what it is for island, only that it looks way more interesting than chernarus ever did.

I dont care what it is for island, only that it looks way more interesting than chernarus ever did.

Everything is better than chernarus.

I disagree, every island has had it's own uniqueness, sahrani was very tropical and european, Chernarus was a nice, out back place that had mostly small towns, very european very natural and mostly untouched, Takistan middle eastern.

And Lemnos, well it speaks for itself though it may be my favorite thus far as it features the most varied terrain and is more populated but not to the extent of metropolis. That and it's huge and huge is good for people that like to fly.

There is no such things are border issues. Lemnos is Greek, sorry tou break your dreams.

I can't wait to get a good look at the towns and such. All those houses that are enter-able and he did say ALL, so no oddball few that aren't, of course that would go hand in hand on if the AI can finally navigate them reliably.

I can't wait to get a good look at the towns and such. All those houses that are enter-able and he did say ALL, so no oddball few that aren't, of course that would go hand in hand on if the AI can finally navigate them reliably.

i dont know excactly but didnt BI said all buildings would be enterable in arrowhead too? i dont want to be pedantic but the factory buildings wasnt :o

i just mention this because the powerplant in the arma 3 video looks quite similar to these arma 2 factory buildings...

edit: ok i remember in some of them there was a little room you could enter

edit: @Primarch: i thought chernarus was just great too, dont know what anyone who liked the OFP:CWC islands could dislike about Chernarus ? (except for the non enterable buildings and maybe that it isnt a island)

Edited by PeterBitt

Everything is better than chernarus.

Chernarus was really cool, much better than all these mediterranean-desert-jungle mix islands which every game has today.

i dont know excactly but didnt BI said all buildings would be enterable in arrowhead too? i dont want to be pedantic but the factory buildings wasnt :o

i just mention this because the powerplant in the arma 3 video looks quite similar to these arma 2 factory buildings...

edit: ok i remember in some of them there was a little room you could enter

edit: @Primarch: i thought chernarus was just great too, dont know what anyone who liked the OFP:CWC islands could dislike about Chernarus ? (except for the non enterable buildings and maybe that it isnt a island)

IIRC the factory buildings were mostly reused models anyways.

Chernarus was really cool, much better than all these mediterranean-desert-jungle mix islands which every game has today.

Chernarus was great, it's only downfall at it's time was the game itself lacked a few features that would have thrived in a map like that, such as FLIR.

Chernarus was too picture-perfect - it really didn't fit the whole "war" thing. I think that's a problem with everything in ArmA though, it's too uniform and clean, I've yet to see a picture of a soldier in a combat situation/even training that looks half as clean/uniform as the guys in ArmA.

Chernarus was too picture-perfect - it really didn't fit the whole "war" thing. I think that's a problem with everything in ArmA though, it's too uniform and clean, I've yet to see a picture of a soldier in a combat situation/even training that looks half as clean/uniform as the guys in ArmA.

Chernarus doesn´t look so clean when played in full detail and high viewdistance (especially with grass enabled). Just today I bothered installing Armed Assault I (one) again to see how my graphics card would perform with high details enabled. I managed to play everything on very high including a 10km viewdistance and yes with perfectly acceptable framerates.

THIS is an unbelievable atmosphere! You can tell every neat little detail and together with no LOD switching, no warping of far away units whatsoever it feels af it you were actually there. :eek:

The bad performance, with medium and lower high-end PCs most of us have, on Chernarus is one of the many reasons why they dont like playing on this island (including myself). It is still a pain in the ass to fight in a forrest with those uber-high-poly model of a tree. The same applied to Sahrani´s nothern part, where the PCs of that time had the same problems with the vegetation.

Guess thats like a curse for this series. Once the PCs are capable enough to play the game in full detail, the successor is already released and it starts all over again...

But hey in case of Lemnos I´m not so sure. As far as I can tell it is mostly free from larger forrest and could actually be really enjoyable for most of us.

And btw: there is no such thing as "war-scenery". Wars can break out everywhere in the world. It is all about the atmosphere that makes you believe that you are in a war and that is by far not an issue of the island choice. ;)

This is something I try to tell the BIS stuff for Years. Their Models are too clean. They need mud and other Stuff on them.

Chernarus was great, it's only downfall at it's time was the game itself lacked a few features that would have thrived in a map like that, such as FLIR.

And here I thought FLIR, and scopes in general, were Takistan's downfall...

As far as I can tell it is mostly free from larger forrest and could actually be really enjoyable for most of us.

Chernarus wasn't enjoyable? Why? Because it didn't allow 10km view on a mid-range?

I have a mid-range and I think chernarus was perfectly playable at ~3km, as an mp host no less, and it was unrivaled in terms of gameplay -- thanks greatly to forests breaking up visibility, provide cover from air, forcing firefights closer. AI navigates forests better than urban areas. And tall grass also gives AI some much needed advantage.. Not to mention beautiful. and much more. Chernarus is BIS' finest work so far in my opinion.

Takistan has its merits, but the far too many and much too tall, dull and empty mountains and far too small and narrow greenzones did it few favours.

I'm sure lemnos will be cool even if it doesn't have forested areas, but I for one would like to see some.

Chernarus is BIS' finest work so far in my opinion.

So far ;) Lemnos, looks, very promising...to say the least ;)