Jun 9 2011, 15:26
ARMA 2 Free officially announced
ARMA 2 FREE ANNOUNCED!
Los Angeles, California, June 9, 2011 – Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent game development studio, is pleased to announce the Arma 2: Free - a free-to-play multiplayer version of critically acclaimed mil-sim, Arma 2.
Arma 2: Free redefines the free-to-play battlefield with its truly unrivalled scale and gameplay possibilities. Arma 2: Free serves up almost everything offered by the original Arma 2 - the '13th best PC game of all time', according to PC Gamer - minus the campaign, HD graphics and support for user-made addons and mods. Arma 2: Free is scheduled for release in June 2011.
Create your own custom-built scenarios or deploy a massive selection of missions and game-modes made by others. No micro-transactions, no hidden costs, just the same epic terrain and huge variety of equipment! This is Arma 2 Free - virtual war without the training wheels.
Arma 2: Free to download, free to play, free to share, free to host, free to create... free to play redefined!
Some of the key features of Arma 2: Free include:
- Free military simulation - An authentic battlefield simulation, including bullet ballistics, material penetration and much more.
- Free armory - A comprehensive range of 300+ weapons, units and fully-usable armed or unarmed vehicles across air, land and water classes.
- Free unique multiplayer - Multiplayer with large-scale maps for 50+ live players and hundreds of AI units. Supports a wide variety of MP modes from co-op and PvP modes, to total mayhem!
- Free dedicated servers - Both Linux and Windows OS dedicated server support for users to host freely wherever and however they like even to play together on the same retail game-servers.
- Free creativity - Quick mission templates, a powerful, built-in, easy to use SP/MP mission editor, and advanced scripting.
Check out the brand new Arma 2: Free exclusive E3 video trailer either at Bohemia´s booth (South Hall, Booth #2803) or on the Arma 2 official Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mgao249jNg) and meet the dedicated developers of the presented titles in the biggest E3 presentation of Bohemia Interactive to date.
To learn more about the Arma 2: Free project please visit the product´s website at www.arma2.com/free
Follow Bohemia Interactive on Twitter, Facebook and Youtube to get all the latest information about their games:
Last edited by Dwarden; Jun 9 2011 at 15:28.