Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 162

  Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Player Leveling

  1. #21
    Staff Sergeant r3volution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 8 2007
    Location
    In a small village just outside Chernogorsk
    Posts
    302
    As soon as real life implements a player levelling system I'll advocate for one in Arma...

    As it is:

    YOUR REQUEST IS DENIED

    If you'll just step this way, the elevator will take you down to the Bad Company 2 forum where we can talk more about player levelling and unlockable weapons...

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution View Post
    As soon as real life implements a player levelling system I'll advocate for one in Arma...

    As it is:

    YOUR REQUEST IS DENIED

    If you'll just step this way, the elevator will take you down to the Bad Company 2 forum where we can talk more about player levelling and unlockable weapons...
    Why must everyone associate a feature to BF or CoD. Real life doesn't have a re-spawn, but that didn't stop it from being added.....

  3. #23
    This can basically be done by a mission maker for a mission like Warfare where you rank up. It's there in Arma 2 but not to COD standards - so I don't get what you want?

    Yes it will allow you to work towards it - but if it's implemented for all game modes then you've just ruined the game. Maybe suggest implementing it for certain game modes or as a parameter.

    But in my honest opinion, leave it for mission makers. The numbers will dictate that they don't want it. Put up a poll.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by 5LEvEN View Post
    *sigh* I figured this would get a lot of hate....
    My only reason for suggesting this was to distinguish veteran players and to add some simplicity to the game (You could join a game with the weapons you already want).
    Veteran players should distinguish themselves by actually being better and acting somewhat professionally, not by having some fancy kit.

    Not to mention, it makes people want kills more than they already do; it incentivises "getting kills", rather than tactical team play.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by b00ce View Post
    Veteran players should distinguish themselves by actually being better and acting somewhat professionally, not by having some fancy kit.

    Not to mention, it makes people want kills more than they already do; it incentivises "getting kills", rather than tactical team play.
    I was thinking by having a patch on your arm indicating your rank. Although yes the system would add problem to our usual gameplay... Although I don't see why not add this system, just without unlocks, so its just rank....

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by 5LEvEN View Post
    Why must everyone associate a feature to BF or CoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5LEvEN View Post
    P.S. Just because a game has a leveling system does not make it a CoD or BF game....
    And from where did you get the idea of the feature?
    Cya in the CrossHairs Kill Zone!

    Spoiler:

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by 5LEvEN View Post
    I was thinking by having a patch on your arm indicating your rank. Although yes the system would add problem to our usual gameplay... Although I don't see why not add this system, just without unlocks, so its just rank....
    But rank is for leadership. I'd hate to have some fool who just rose in rank trying to take control of you. And I personally wouldn't wear rank, nor have a name... just a number. Sorry man but you're killing my immersion.

    In terms of "Roles" or "Positions" being on your kit then why not. Have M or medic badge for medic on the helmet etc.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT_BigBear View Post
    And from where did you get the idea of the feature?
    Did you even read my first post? I personally think that is a invalid question anyways. As it is not what gave me the idea, but is what influenced me the most (CoD and BF are not the first games with a leveling system), and nothing influenced me the most.

    ---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    But rank is for leadership. I'd hate to have some fool who just rose in rank trying to take control of you. And I personally wouldn't wear rank, nor have a name... just a number. Sorry man but you're killing my immersion.

    In terms of "Roles" or "Positions" being on your kit then why not. Have M or medic badge for medic on the helmet etc.
    What do you mean a number? Yeah, that would be cool to have the option to have a M on your soldier if you are a medic....

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by 5LEvEN View Post
    Although yes the system would add problem to our usual gameplay... Although I don't see why not add this system, just without unlocks, so its just rank....
    Yes, I read it, and now I'm reading you slowly back down from it.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT_BigBear View Post
    Yes, I read it, and now I'm reading you slowly back down from it.
    True... I was thinking more or less of what I would use it for... Not what some idiots would use it for... Like Rye mentioned how someone might try to command someone because of rank...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •