Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Player Leveling

Quote Originally Posted by 5LEvEN View Post
    I was thinking it would just be in the game engine. It would not be a resource hog as its a simple addon. It would be kill based, as support actions are hard to keep track of....
    Implementing it in the engine could cause serious issues for modding and mission editing, if not just piss a lot of people off (including me). I just can't see it happening without limiting to official BIS missions.
    VBS Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Armored_Sheep View Post
    I like to call Arma a sandbox game that works pretty much like LEGO - you buy it not just because you want to have a nice car from the main picture on its box, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg KS View Post
    Implementing it in the engine could cause serious issues for modding and mission editing, if not just piss a lot of people off (including me). I just can't see it happening without limiting to official BIS missions.
    It could have something like a module. You turn it on or off based on what you want. Either way it probably won't happen anyways, esp with the hate this idea got within the first few post...

Have you played ArmA2's MP before? No one is gonna like to be limited on what they choose at a core level. It's literally best to leave that up to the mission makers, and in some cases it has been, and that's fine. Besides the nature of the game is so broken that anyone could level up quite easily just by doing CAS all the time. The very nature of the game is unable to support a mandatory leveling system.
    Intel 2700k Sandy Bridge @ 4.6ghz | EVGA GTX680 x2 | Corsair H100 | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ddr3 1600 | EVGA z77 FTW mobo | Asus Xonar DX 7.1 | 2x OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 128gb | PC P&C Silencer Mk II 950W

Quote Originally Posted by Steakslim View Post
    Have you played ArmA2's MP before? No one is gonna like to be limited on what they choose at a core level. It's literally best to leave that up to the mission makers, and in some cases it has been, and that's fine. Besides the nature of the game is so broken that anyone could level up quite easily just by doing CAS all the time. The very nature of the game is unable to support a mandatory leveling system.
    Yeah that is true... I guess what I was really thinking for this idea was to keep track of statistics, but I just put this idea out there to see what people think. Yes, of course I have played MP... Just because I am new on the forums does not mean I am new to the game.....

Stat tracking is fine, so long as it doesn't link to you not being able to have something.

Quote Originally Posted by 5LEvEN View Post
    It could have something like a module. You turn it on or off based on what you want. Either way it probably won't happen anyways, esp with the hate this idea got within the first few post...
    Yea, but as a module then people probably just won't even use it. There's no way to enforce it and still retain flexibility for modders & mission makers.

Master Gunnery Sergeant ArmAriffic's Avatar
    no, no, no, no, no
    This is not COD/BF/Kiddy shooter
    Spoiler:

We need an exorcist, now!

This guy is either a Troll, or never played Arma, or both :P
    *joke*

Seriously, a LvL system is not working with a Game like Arma. Its not (just) about kills.
    I for example, often lead my mates in Coops and PvP - My "Score" is if we can bring a mission to end without casualties.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast