Sign in to follow this  
5LEvEN

Player Leveling

I think it might be cool for arma 3 to have a MP leveling system. In the system you would unlock gear/weapons. It would not matter what MP mode you play, so both (pvp, coop, ect) will level your character up. It would distinguish veteran arma players from the grunts, and give everyone something to work towards (other than the main objective of the mission). The system would most likely resemble rainbow six's leveling system.

EDIT

This idea is not going to work, thus I have given up on it within the first few pages of this thread. So please stop posting hate like a bunch of kids.

A leveling system does not mean this game is now like BF or CoD. I hope this game stays clear of being like those two. I suggested a simple idea, and I am taking a lot of flak for it now. I really don't see why you guys even post. Most of these post are not even constructive, they are just insults or trying to make fun of me. When I posted this I had no thoughts of BF or CoD yet you guys have to suggest or compare this idea to making arma like BF or CoD. I am not a Developer at BIS, thus I am not saying "this will be in the game". You guys are acting like BIS announced this feature in their game... I honestly thought the Arma community was more mature than the BF or CoD community, but I was wrong. Just look at what you guys post.

Edited by 5LEvEN
  • Like 1

I hope they don't implement this, ever.

Arma is not a COD or BF game, and i hope they don't implement this, ever.

I think it might be cool for arma 3 to have a MP leveling system. In the system you would unlock gear/weapons. It would not matter what MP mode you play, so both (pvp, coop, ect) will level your character up. It would distinguish veteran arma players from the grunts, and give everyone something to work towards (other than the main objective of the mission). The system would most likely resemble rainbow six's leveling system.

Get the hell out of here, now. (I mean this jokingly of course *watches out for W0lle's banstick*)

Edited by Steakslim

This would never work in ArmA because mission makers would either exploit it or go around it. However, having leveling within a mission would be possible (and some missions already do this).

Also, IMO, gear selection should not be something that depends on level. Gear is something allocated as necessary by context of the scenario. If BIS does ever implement any sort of leveling, it should only enhance certain things (and not unlock new things), sort of like how RO2 will do it.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

*sigh* I figured this would get a lot of hate....

My only reason for suggesting this was to distinguish veteran players and to add some simplicity to the game (You could join a game with the weapons you already want).

P.S. Just because a game has a leveling system does not make it a CoD or BF game....

My only reason for suggesting this was to distinguish veteran players and to add some simplicity to the game (You could join a game with the weapons you already want).

P.S. Just because a game has a leveling system does not make it a CoD or BF game....

Hate or not, I still can't see how it could possibly work given the user-generated-mission-based gameplay of ArmA, especially in MP.

Seriously, it doesn't fit in ArmA 2. Outfitting yourself takes what, 30 seconds tops? Longer if you need to choose a handgun?

Plus I imagine the majority of ArmA 2 players don't need to subscribe to that "lvl30+ only" stuff. I distinguish myself as a veteran player when everyone else dies at my hand... although this usually isn't the case.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

If the official multiplayer missions are even remotely decent I wouldn't mind having some sort of stat tracking with kills, deaths, weapon usage, accuracy, etc etc. But ranks I'd probably avoid.

Hate or not, I still can't see how it could possibly work given the user-generated-mission-based gameplay of ArmA, especially in MP.

I was thinking it would just be in the game engine. It would not be a resource hog as its a simple addon. It would be kill based, as support actions are hard to keep track of....

I was thinking it would just be in the game engine. It would not be a resource hog as its a simple addon. It would be kill based, as support actions are hard to keep track of....

Implementing it in the engine could cause serious issues for modding and mission editing, if not just piss a lot of people off (including me). I just can't see it happening without limiting to official BIS missions.

Implementing it in the engine could cause serious issues for modding and mission editing, if not just piss a lot of people off (including me). I just can't see it happening without limiting to official BIS missions.

It could have something like a module. You turn it on or off based on what you want. Either way it probably won't happen anyways, esp with the hate this idea got within the first few post...

Have you played ArmA2's MP before? No one is gonna like to be limited on what they choose at a core level. It's literally best to leave that up to the mission makers, and in some cases it has been, and that's fine. Besides the nature of the game is so broken that anyone could level up quite easily just by doing CAS all the time. The very nature of the game is unable to support a mandatory leveling system.

Have you played ArmA2's MP before? No one is gonna like to be limited on what they choose at a core level. It's literally best to leave that up to the mission makers, and in some cases it has been, and that's fine. Besides the nature of the game is so broken that anyone could level up quite easily just by doing CAS all the time. The very nature of the game is unable to support a mandatory leveling system.

Yeah that is true... I guess what I was really thinking for this idea was to keep track of statistics, but I just put this idea out there to see what people think. Yes, of course I have played MP... Just because I am new on the forums does not mean I am new to the game.....

Stat tracking is fine, so long as it doesn't link to you not being able to have something.

It could have something like a module. You turn it on or off based on what you want. Either way it probably won't happen anyways, esp with the hate this idea got within the first few post...

Yea, but as a module then people probably just won't even use it. There's no way to enforce it and still retain flexibility for modders & mission makers.

We need an exorcist, now!

This guy is either a Troll, or never played Arma, or both :P

*joke*

Seriously, a LvL system is not working with a Game like Arma. Its not (just) about kills.

I for example, often lead my mates in Coops and PvP - My "Score" is if we can bring a mission to end without casualties.

As soon as real life implements a player levelling system I'll advocate for one in Arma...

As it is:

YOUR REQUEST IS DENIED

If you'll just step this way, the elevator will take you down to the Bad Company 2 forum where we can talk more about player levelling and unlockable weapons... ;)

As soon as real life implements a player levelling system I'll advocate for one in Arma...

As it is:

YOUR REQUEST IS DENIED

If you'll just step this way, the elevator will take you down to the Bad Company 2 forum where we can talk more about player levelling and unlockable weapons... ;)

Why must everyone associate a feature to BF or CoD. Real life doesn't have a re-spawn, but that didn't stop it from being added.....

This can basically be done by a mission maker for a mission like Warfare where you rank up. It's there in Arma 2 but not to COD standards - so I don't get what you want?

Yes it will allow you to work towards it - but if it's implemented for all game modes then you've just ruined the game. Maybe suggest implementing it for certain game modes or as a parameter.

But in my honest opinion, leave it for mission makers. The numbers will dictate that they don't want it. Put up a poll.

Veteran players should distinguish themselves by actually being better and acting somewhat professionally, not by having some fancy kit. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, it makes people want kills more than they already do; it incentivises "getting kills", rather than tactical team play.

Veteran players should distinguish themselves by actually being better and acting somewhat professionally, not by having some fancy kit. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, it makes people want kills more than they already do; it incentivises "getting kills", rather than tactical team play.

I was thinking by having a patch on your arm indicating your rank. Although yes the system would add problem to our usual gameplay... Although I don't see why not add this system, just without unlocks, so its just rank....