Sign in to follow this  
5LEvEN

Player Leveling

Veteran players should distinguish themselves by actually being better and acting somewhat professionally, not by having some fancy kit. :rolleyes:

This. And the weapons available to you should be down to the mission creator, not how many hours you've ploughed into the game. Sometimes they're carefully chosen to promote a good firefight.

Edited by Daniel

Arma is not a COD or BF game, and i hope they don't implement this, ever.

AGREE! 100%

Never, ever.

YES, absolutely, but make the rewards like this:

10000 kills: You get one scratch on your left kneepad

50000 kills: You get two additional scratches on your right elbowpad

10000 support actions: You get nice gloves with bare middle finger

50000 support actions: You get scar on your left wrist

10000 times being undetected: You get an apple tree branch sticked to your belt at the back of your pants

50000 times being undetected: You get a mushroom growing out of your left boot

Definitely a must have. How could we have lived without that, guys?

I hope someone murders this guy if this inferior retarded idea ever touches this game.

What respawn are you talking about?

Real men play without respawn

THIS! You deserves a can of cold beer:D

Bad idea, it doesn't promote teamplay. Some specialty tabs would be interesting though that says something about you as a player. Not one for the number of kills, but say if you revive a lot of teammates every match you get a Medic tab, if you are good at long range kills you get a "Sniper" tab, stealth you get a "Special Forces" one, if you place explosives or clear IEDs for your team you get an "Engineer" or "Demolition" one. On the other end of the spectrum, if you never work as a team, but are only focused on getting kills, you get labelled "Friendless", if you TK to get weapons or vehicles you get "Traitor". Not to unlock anything, but just to reflect on the player's contribution to the team. As it is with all good missions, the only reward you get is mission complete with zero friendly casualties, enemy casualties are irrelevant unless the mission requires it.

Edited by JdB

Damn, I knew this was going to get a lot of negative reactions, but I'm still shocked at all the stereotypical "this isn't COD/BF" responses. Indeed the suggestion was pretty impractical, but I'm starting to see why outsiders criticize the people on these forums so much for being elitist fanboys.. :j:

And here I thought people here could still come up with well formed and constructive ways to disagree.

Sure why not?

Dont forget to put some instances too, pvp and pve gears with diferent status. Mount's like a big wolfs, dead horses, flying bats.

Change medics names to Healers,put in buffs and debuff's. Change the klevar, to mail armor and full iron plates; change the guns for sword's and staffs.

And the most important put in some diferent races too.You know, Orcs, Elfs ...

And damage system too pls... I wanna grind my character on some medium level enemies so that i can PK all n00bs in multi

Sure why not?

Dont forget to put some instances too, pvp and pve gears with diferent status. Mount's like a big wolfs, dead horses, flying bats.

Change medics names to Healers,put in buffs and debuff's. Change the klevar, to mail armor and full iron plates; change the guns for sword's and staffs.

And the most important put in some diferent races too.You know, Orcs, Elfs ...

Oh you are so funny.

Oh you are so funny.

The guy want to change the game onto a BF/CoD sorta of game.

So cant i want to change it to something diferent too?:rolleyes:

And, ty for the compliment :D

*sigh* I figured this would get a lot of hate....

My only reason for suggesting this was to distinguish veteran players and to add some simplicity to the game

When you play with a veteran, you get to know he is a veteran by one way or another :rolleyes: He is more skilled, cautious and can wipe the floor with the newbies :D

A leveling system does not mean this game is now like BF or CoD. I hope this game stays clear of being like those two. I suggested a simple idea, and I am taking a lot of flak for it now. I really don't see why you guys even post. Most of these post are not even constructive, they are just insults or trying to make fun of me. When I posted this I had no thoughts of BF or CoD yet you guys have to suggest or compare this idea to making arma like BF or CoD. I am not a Developer at BIS, thus I am not saying "this will be in the game". You guys are acting like BIS announced this feature in their game... I honestly thought the Arma community was more mature than the BF or CoD community, but I was wrong. Just look at what you guys post.

A leveling system does not mean this game is now like BF or CoD. I hope this game stays clear of being like those two. I suggested a simple idea, and I am taking a lot of flak for it now. I really don't see why you guys even post. Most of these post are not even constructive, they are just insults or trying to make fun of me. When I posted this I had no thoughts of BF or CoD yet you guys have to suggest or compare this idea to making arma like BF or CoD. I am not a Developer at BIS, thus I am not saying "this will be in the game". You guys are acting like BIS announced this feature in their game... I honestly thought the Arma community was more mature than the BF or CoD community, but I was wrong. Just look at what you guys post.

Well, are you really that surprised? Defend your idea, explain why a leveling system would be such a worthwhile feature for BIS to implement. As I see it, a leveling system would have a negative effect on Arma's gameplay and i've yet to be convinced otherwise.

i hope they never implement this. ever.

Well, are you really that surprised? Defend your idea, explain why a leveling system would be such a worthwhile feature for BIS to implement. As I see it, a leveling system would have a negative effect on Arma's gameplay and i've yet to be convinced otherwise.

Please look at my OP.... I edited it so that way people who do not want to read the first few pages will understand I have GIVEN UP on this idea, as I have realized it would not work at all...

Please look at my OP.... I edited it so that way people who do not want to read the first few pages will understand I have GIVEN UP on this idea, as I have realized it would not work at all...

Ah fair enough mate. I guess you can put it down to experience that some people feel really strongly about some subjects, especially when it comes to their favourite game.

Ah fair enough mate. I guess you can put it down to experience that some people feel really strongly about some subjects, especially when it comes to their favourite game.

Arma is my favorite combat game. I guess I am different than everyone else though. As I don't get pissed off over someones suggestion or make fun of or insult that person with the idea. I would simply say something like "No this is a bad idea, and this is why".

If this was implemented all over the game and at the same time we have an editor to create whatever types of missions we want (with whatever gear we want). Wouldnt this system limit the types of missions we then could create? You have to level up (play a certain amount of time) to be able to do missions that depends on certain gear etc.

Or am i thinking it wrong?

Personal feeling about this - no thanks. I like the limitless, sandbox structure. Thats a big reason why i do dig the arma series as much as i do.

If this was implemented all over the game and at the same time we have an editor to create whatever types of missions we want (with whatever gear we want). Wouldnt this system limit the types of missions we then could create? You have to level up (play a certain amount of time) to be able to do missions that depends on certain gear etc.

Or am i thinking it wrong?

Personal feeling about this - no thanks. I like the limitless, sandbox structure. Thats a big reason why i do dig the arma series as much as i do.

Just another reason why I gave up on this idea ;)

People post here because they can't wait to play ARMA3. The humour is not that bad, it's part of this community, one day is of the hunter, the other of the prey ;) If they include somekind of levelling in ARMA3, please come back to make fun of us all, and be sure I'll be laughing aswell.

It's not a bad idea, it's just too restrictive.

As I said once; all (DICE)Battlefield fans wants all shooter games to look exactly like BF2.

And why support a cheap momentary self satisfaction technique is beyond me, ArmA already could make use of a better CAS(collision alert system) and AI environmental awareness, if tehy should spend more time working could be this.

CoOp is the strongest part of this game and ditch it because no real reason what so ever is a bad idea, and different from what some say TvT in this game is not bad and dont need saving, in fact in some gamemodes could make use of better players, specially those how could go for the frigging objective.

Edited by vfn4i83

This community has reached the parody horizon. Any exaggeratedly elitist, alarmist, slippery sloped or strawmanific remark meant to ridicule the goings on of this forum will only blend in.