Sign in to follow this  
cpt-craig

Using Custom Units in Warfare?

Hey I appreciate this has probably already been asked but I cannot seem to find an answer anywhere on this forum. My problem is I am trying to switch out the units from the warfare mission provided with BAF units, I have swapped all the weapons over no problem but I cannot despite how hard I try change the units. I am using the warfare examples hidden in the Warfare PBOs and I go to switch a unit by changing this piece of code

_u = _u + ["USMC_Soldier_Medic"];

_c = _c + [125];

_t = _t + [4];

_p = _p + [5];

to this piece of code

_u = _u + ["BAF_Soldier_Medic_DDPM"];

_c = _c + [125];

_t = _t + [4];

_p = _p + [5];

and when I go into warfare in the editor the entry has been removed from the units list. I believe there is some kind of problem with scripts/common/config/Config_Factions as BAF isn't listed under there (this file is located inside the Warfare PBO also). If anyone has any idea what i might have to include in order to use BAF troops that would be REALLY REALLY helpful. I've included the text from the Factions file to help anyone who thinks they might know a solution,

scriptName format ["%1Scripts\Common\Config\Config_Factions.sqf",BIS_WFdPath];

//Last modified 10/13/10

//*****************************************************************************************

//Description: Configure the factions.

//*****************************************************************************************

//Factions that side controls (buildings & defenses of this faction will be available).

//Can use multiple factions. For example West could be USMC and CDF. Primary faction should be first one.

BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["WestFactions",[Localize "STR_FN_USMC"]];

BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["EastFactions",[Localize "STR_FN_RU"]];

BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["ResistanceFactions",[Localize "STR_FN_GUE"]];

//All possible factions for a mission.

//A mission may start with one faction but another is enabled later. If so, it must be included here.

BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["AllWestFactions",[Localize "STR_FN_USMC",Localize "STR_FN_CDF"]];

BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["AllEastFactions",[Localize "STR_FN_RU",Localize "STR_FN_INS"]];

BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["AllResistanceFactions",[Localize "STR_FN_GUE"]];

BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["WestHQIdentity","WFHQ_EN"];

BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["EastHQIdentity","WFHQ_RU"];

BIS_WF_Common SetVariable ["ResistanceHQIdentity","WFHQ_CZ"];

//1/20/10 MM - Created file.

I haven't attempted to switch out the units of BIS's standard warfare but I know that when using Benny's version there are two different places that you have to change for the units to change. Again, I have never used the standard version so I am not sure what files to look in but I'm pretty sure there are two of them.

hmmm, I'm not sure if benny's version works of the standard scripts, I'll look into it. For now I am gonna try and create a custom Faction script in order to try and allow the units to be created. Nope didn't work, I am having a load of trouble with this and I cannot even get the default US army units to spawn from the barracks.

Edited by cpt-craig

Look into: warfare2_e/Scripts/Common/Config

I think you need to add the units to Config_Barracks.sqf and Config_Teams.sqf. I don't have time right now but when I do I will mess around and see what I can do. Good Luck

cheers sounds like a good idea, but when I try and unpbo warfare_e there is only one file there and it is unreadable? any ideas?